Charlotte Airport

"walking distance are ridiculous"

Not Verified | One of the worst AA hubs. Each visit, there are at least 3 to 4 moving walkways and escalators under repair. The walking distance are ridiculous ie from E concourse to B concourse. No shuttles. And certainly encounter broken walkways. Food choices are awful. Get I'll every time I eat here. Most inefficient security of AA hubs. 1 TSA precheck open on a Monday morning with no less than 30 minute wait. Staff is rude. At another check point asked if i could leave shoes on since TSA pre and was rudely told this is not a TSA checkpoint. Every major airport in the US allows for shoes to stay on (but electronics out) and allow walk through scanner when boarding pass marked. Not the inefficient rude people in Charlotte. Horribly under seated in their waiting areas. Never enough seats. Wall to wall standing people in aisles and halls. This airport should not be a hub. They have no concept of efficiency or courtesy! I avoid them like the plague but sometimes have no choice.
Date VisitApril 2019

"avoid at all costs"

Trip Verified | The most garbage airport I've ever been in. Flew in from SFO one of the busiest in the country and these goons here were delayed on my landing (30 mins), theres no seating, food service were rude, TSA were rude, no transit for their gigantic airport, outlets to plug in phone run at such a low voltage you cant fast charge your phone, they somehow didnt have room for everyone to bring their carry on luggage on the plane (how is that a thing?) And my flight was delayed over an hour and a half. Beer was $10.71 (more than SF?). People running everywhere absolute chaos. Dirty and construction everywhere. I will never travel to this dump site again, avoid at all costs, pay more if you have to, warn your friends and family
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"delayed 90% of the time"

Not Verified | In October I wrote a review on Charlotte's complete incapacity in routing aircraft on the ground. I switched back to Delta. And they left me in Atlanta 3 weeks in a row on a Friday night so I gave up on them. So I went back to American where I was executive platinum but I had a strategy I would avoid the airport closest to my house (Charlotte) since they are delayed 90% of the time. Alas schedules get changed and unlike Delta, American will put you on another flight and invariably those go through Charlotte in the east coast. So I am departing on my 3rd flight via Charlotte this month. And it is delayed 1 hour. My other two were delayed 30 and 45 minutes. In all 3 cases the planes landed ahead of schedule and sat in the taxiway for 45, 35, and 37 minutes. I am baffled. No other airport I visit (85 in the last 12 months) has this issue. Maybe they don’t care like Delta for their diamonds or maybe they really are incompetent. But I would think there is a public safety risk if they are this incompetent. Should the FAA investigate? I don’t know but what I do know is I will do everything I can to go through DFW to avoid the inevitable missed flight yet again since Delta is no longer an option because they disdain their frequent flyers.

"Invest in one"

Not Verified | It’s called a train/tram/dart/whatever you want to call it! Invest in one! Fast moving walkways can only get you places so fast. Every big airport like this one should have some kind of faster transit system. This isn’t cutting it. No sitting in terminal, especially when 9 are crammed into one tiny corner.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"no real variety in food options"

This airport has a couple of chains and some stuff that looks local, but overall no real variety in food options. I was hoping to grab a bottle of water and some gum during my layover, so I stopped by one of those convenience stores, only to find out that a small water was $4.50 and a pack of gum was $3. I know airports are always a little more expensive but that’s excessive. I saw the same bottle of water in another terminal for $1.75, if that gives you an idea of how ridiculous these prices are. There’s also very little shopping that appealed to me, and if there’s a duty free store I must have missed it. Definitely going to avoid ever coming to this airport again. At least some gates have a lot of outlets (not all, of course!).
Date VisitDecember 2018

"Always construction going on"

Just advice to travellers. From the time you land until the time your plane actually gets to a gate and you are able to deplane is usually a minimum of 30-40 minutes. Time from boarding till wheels are up also averages about the same. Arrange connections accordingly. To get to the regional terminal from others is like a mile walk in the airport. They dont have shuttles between gates and way more traffic than the airport was designed for. Always construction going on.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"unfriendly and difficult TSA"

Not Verified | Absolutely the most unfriendly and unnecessarily difficult TSA experience of any airport I have traveled. I travel several times per year and especially dislike Charlotte.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"uncalled for and unacceptable"

Trip Verified | I have been in several airports across the US and the Caribbean. I have never been in an airport that is so stressful upon arrival and departure. You have some of the meanest employees working outside. Travelers want to get loaded up and get in/out as fast as possible but they are rushed beyond a reasonable amount. Travelers were screamed at, berated, and essentially threatened by the staff outside. It's embarrassing to say that's my hometown airport. I can't imagine ever having that experience anywhere else and ever going back. It's uncalled for and unacceptable. Not to mention the fact that there isn't enough seating at the gates. We were forced to check a carryon at the entrance of the plane because "they were out of room". Then once we arrived at the baggage claim to get the bag we didn't want to have checked to begin with, we waited another 30 minutes on it to arrive! Then you go outside and continuously get screamed at to move to a certain location and they basically don't want any cars to stop. Almost as if they want you to load up with the car still moving and then get out as quickly as possible. It's just absurd. I wish I had video recorded the experience and had action 9 on it. No-one deserves to be treated that way especially paying customers!

"Very crowded"

Not Verified | Very crowded, slow walk to dreaded regional E gate. Slow taxi and open door even after kind crew acknowledging our lateness and the challenge to make connections. Will make my connection this time but missed it last time and one time before that. Love American but seriously considering Delta through Atlanta for future flights if Charlotte does not improve.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"terminals dirty and disgusting"

Trip Verified | This is absolutely the worst airport I have ever experienced. The terminals are dirty and disgusting. Flights are habitually overbooked, there isn’t enough seating for passengers in the gate areas, and they don’t have the infrastructure to handle the amount of flights they are trying to handle. Today my flight was delayed because there was a random fuel truck blocking the gate. I generally try to avoid this airport at all costs, but sometimes its inevitable that I get stuck here. CLT please fix these issues.
Date VisitOctober 2018