Charlotte Airport

"very surprised to find no potty liners in your toilets"

Not Verified | During this time of the Pandemic or COVID, I was very surprised to find no potty liners in your toilets. I thought maybe it was overlooked in one of the restrooms, but I visited a couple and no potty liners to be found. I think it should be normal for added protection especially now during the pandemic. My airport in Portland, Oregon has them.
Date VisitOctober 2020

"airport is in such disarray"

Trip Verified | This airport is in such disarray. I flew from gate e33. They have so many people flocked at the end or this terminal that there are no seats. People are standing. The gates are so close. Like the door to the gate is maybe 2 feet from next gate. No organization at all. People were in line to speak with gate agent and she pretty much ignored us last two in line. I love flying American Airlines but if that means I have to connect in Charlotte then Delta it will be. I can only hope that they get this fixed real soon.
Date VisitSeptember 2020

"the best airport I have been through"

Not Verified | Flew through Charlotte Douglas international airport on the way to Antigua back in 2016. It was the best airport I have been through, easy to navigate, good food and shopping options, and nice staff. The best airport along the east coast by far.
Date VisitJune 2020

"Nothing good to say about the airport"

Not Verified | Nothing good to say about the airport or my experience flying into or out of Charlotte Airport, I'll just let my rating speak for itself. Absolutely terrible in every conceivable way.
Date VisitMarch 2020

"a shopping mall with planes"

Not Verified | Total garbage, a shopping mall with planes. You'll end up waiting on the tarmac longer than you'll be in the air. I will avoid this airport for the rest of my life, and I hope you do too.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"Avoid Charlotte if possible"

Not Verified | The past several times changing planes thru Charlotte has been the greatest example of incompetent people being placed into positions that exceed their abilities. It gives me time to ponder the state of the US airline industry as a whole and some insight into how a thriving demand still results in oft dismal earnings. Maybe an over-regulated industry is not attracting the top tier talent and what we are left with are the likes of those that run Charlotte airport? Avoid Charlotte if possible, ATL is faster (that is saying something) and if you must fly thru CLT, allow yourself ample time.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"over-crowded, lacks seating"

Not Verified | I find it repulsive every time I have to depart from it. It's over-crowded, lacks seating, constant tarmac delays waiting for gates to be available, and the departing airfares are at least $200 higher than similarly sized airports. AA has a monopoly (over 90% of all flights) and they clearly take advantage by price gouging and delivering horrible service with impunity. Our local officials should be locked up or investigated for how they mismanage tax money with this disaster for an airport.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"airport is an absolute nightmare"

Not Verified | Worst airport experience I have ever had. This airport is an absolute nightmare. Our flight coming in was delayed and when we arrived they sent us back through security as we were running to catch our next flight. Got to the gate 12 minutes before the scheduled departure only to have them already close it. They weren't apologetic in the least, worst customer service ever! Just shouted at us that we will have to rebook a later flight, it's not their problem, but feel free to make some purchases in their airport. They had an entire family of 5 trying to catch their connecting flight and can see that their previous flight had just landed. Yet they refused to wait until even the scheduled departure time for us to get there. Garbage airport, horrible customer service, try to avoid at all costs.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"one of the slowest airports"

Not Verified | Our flight got in on time, around 10.00 pm, but then we waited almost 1.5 hours for luggage to even start appearing on the luggage carousel. Charlotte is one of the slowest airports I have ever been to. I don't know what the problem was. We were the only plane that landed at that time. If I didn't live near Charlotte, I would not use this airport.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"agents are rude"

Not Verified | Unfortunately the previous reviews are correct. The agents are rude, my flight was delayed 3 times, and changed gates twice for the same flight. Truly the worst flying experience, I've had. Please someone fix CLT. I was warned by frequent fliers. They were right.
Date VisitNovember 2019