Charlotte Airport

"Avoid if you can"

Not Verified | Travel 2-3 times a month just short of 3 million domestic. This is one of the worst airports I have ever been thru. I cant say even one neutral item, in a word horrible. No seating, no restaurants, dirty/filthy, very rude people, although the American staff I dealt with was good. Avoid if you can.
Date VisitMay 2023

"Never ever fly through this airport"

Not Verified | Never ever fly through this airport. American has made a hub out of CLT with no infrastructure to support it. Currently sitting on the tarmac for close to 30 minutes & counting while we wait for the pilots to arrive. Out of the maybe 20 times I’ve had to connect through this airport in the last 2 years, I’ve only had an on time connection or departure ONCE. The general demeanour of staff / vendors working at the gates or shops / restaurants are mostly straight up rude. Likely because they tire of people complaining about delays.
Date VisitMay 2023

"Staff uncontrollably rude"

Trip Verified | Staff uncontrollably rude in terminal B evening of March 13 at 945. We're told "we're closed" by everyone but 1897 market. Don't give a penny to anyone but them.
Date VisitMarch 2023

"Baggage claim is a mess"

Not Verified | Baggage claim is a mess. Waited in constrained space with 100”s of other passengers for 90 minutes for luggage. No airport help or direction to delay. This was bad.

"staff unaccountably rude"

Not Verified | The Charlotte Douglas airport is obviously way beyond capacity that it was designed for. There are no seats at boarding areas. The corridors are narrowed and almost impossible to navigate. The staff is unaccountably rude. In Pittsburgh, we are building a new airport for diminished air traffic compared to what the previous airport 25 years ago was built for. This airport (CLT) needs to be demolished and completely rebuilt. It’s absurd. Someone is making/distributing a pile of money that SHOULD be invested into a facility that would serve its customers, and make its cranky employees proud to work there.
Date VisitMarch 2023

"we waited over 20 minutes outside in the cold"

Not Verified | My wife is in a wheelchair due to cancer. When we arrived at the airport there was know one to assist her into the airport as we waited over 20 minutes outside in the cold. We went into the airport and once again there was no one to assist her to the terminal. Then she was thoroughly looked over and woman handled to thoroughly check for bombs and other paraphernalia because this 53 year old woman dealing with brain cancer looks like a terrorist. (hardly) Imagine my shock as I returned to my vehicle to find 4 yep 4 parking tickets due to leaving my keys in my SUV. Meanwhile I spoke with airport security and asked them if my SUV was ok to be parked in the designated handicap spot while I attend to her. Every time they said yes. I have paid my tickets and I will never fly out of Charlotte again! We will be going to Hawaii for Valentine's Day! Guess which airport we will not be using?!
Date VisitNovember 2022

"looks as it hasn’t been cleaned in months"

Not Verified | This airport looks as it hasn’t been swept or cleaned in months. There is trash everywhere and the carpet looked really dirty and the bathrooms on C gates were out of paper towels and stank like pee.
Date VisitDecember 2022

"crowded and disorganized airport"

Not Verified | Most people coming through the airport are in a hurry. I’ve never seen a more crowded and disorganized airport than this. Transferring from international to domestic had us waiting for 90 minutes to go through security because 1 of 5 lanes was open. They opened a 2nd for the last 10 minutes, but really what’s the point. Who comes to the airport for slow fine dining? Practically no one. So why oh why would you make me wait 20 minutes for pizza? Especially when there’s a pizza on display? There are half as many restaurants as are needed for the number of people going through this airport. I will avoid Charlotte for all my future travel needs. You should too.
Date VisitDecember 2022

"TSA was slow, inefficient and rude"

Trip Verified | TSA was slow, inefficient and rude to boot! Hire people who want the job Charlotte! Avoid this airport and it's incompetent staff at all costs!
Date VisitDecember 2022

"closed parking close to the airport"

Not Verified | The airport has been bad for a while but today went to a new level. They closed parking close to the airport under the guise of online reservations only. I’m a business traveller so use this airport a lot when I arrived I asked when did this start, first lie as the response was we’ve been doing this for quite some time. I travelled out last week and this wasn’t in place. There is a management company trying to control traffic within the parking areas by closing down certain sections and all it’s doing is upsetting the business travelers that use the airport frequently. I don’t know whose in charge but they need to be fired as the system isn’t working.