Charlotte Airport

"Totally unprofessional"

Not Verified | Totally unprofessional. Every employee should be fired. They are rude and do not care of you get to your destination. They sit around on phones instead of doing COVID wipe downs between flights. They are loud and obnoxious even towards each other. I wish I could sit around and get paid to look at my phone and hang out with my friends.
Date VisitAugust 2022

"the worst airport for arrivals"

Not Verified | Charlotte Douglas is the worst airport for arrivals that I have ever seen! Have been all over the United States and Europe over the years and no airport has he mass confusion! I stood waiting for a pick up and the cars stood absolutely still for well over 20 minutes and the cars in front of me did not move. the cars were all parked waiting for passengers that were not outside yet. There was a young lady walking down the roadway with here little red flash light just walking by the stopped cars. I said something about people stopped and just waiting and she just shrugged her shoulders! Saw her a few minutes later at the cross walk ... there is stripped lines across for pedestrian crossing. This jam has been happening every time I come back from a trip for the last 8 months. Something needs to be done about this. I won't even start on baggage claim. I have waited at least once for 45 minutes for luggage. The cell phone lot is terrible, you have don't have an arrival board so people can see if the fits have actually arrived! No restrooms in case the flights are delayed. Maybe you should look at the Tampa International Airport for an example of GOOD AND WELL ORGANIZED CELL PHONE LOT. You having nothing but an ordinary parking lot. its a shame visitors have to view the disorganization of this airport
Date VisitAugust 2022

"most chaotic airport I’ve ever been to"

Not Verified | Avoid this airport. It is the most chaotic airport I’ve ever been to. Poorly managed. The employees are very rude and short and don’t care anything about the passengers. Long lines, so many lines. I estimate that I showed my passport 5 times and the walk to the connecting flight was very long. TSA were barking, move along. I said I’m trying. I’m older, have serious health issues and she could see I was hurrying. I asked directions to a terminal and an employee just said read the signs. I later found the signs but the were out of my vision- obstructed. Just don’t go there.

Charlotte Airport customer review

Trip Verified | Transited through CLT and what a change from the last time I connected through CLT 10 years ago. This is a very busy airport with overcrowded concourses and a dearth of sitting at the gate area, resulting in a spill over to the concourses. Combine that with the long lines for dining on either side of the concourses and you have thick crowds to navigate through. Long walks from one concourse to the another can be expected depending on your connecting flight. On outbound flight to PVD, I had very long walk from Concourse B to The Club at CLT in Concourse A. On inbound flight from PVD, my connecting flight was a short distance (5 gates away). This allowed me to make my connection easily.
Date VisitJune 2022

"security won’t let me back in the terminal"

Not Verified | Well. I get to the airport from a connecting flight. No smoking lounge, so I step outside security. Now security won’t let me back in the terminal because my flight is tomorrow morning, not tonight. Even though I have a legal right to be in the terminal. But hey, what can you do right Officer Wheeler? I definitely planned to fly to see my mother in the ICU, only to get stuck outside your checkpoint when making my way back to Montana. And all this started because the USO was closed, hours 6am-6pm. When veterans typically need access to it at night, so we have somewhere safe and secure to sleep. But I suppose that’s what veterans should expect really, straight up disappointment.
Date VisitJune 2022

"staff at this airport are extremely rude"

Not Verified | The staff at this airport are extremely rude and don't listen to what you are trying to say to figure out how they can properly assist you. They just immediately start yelling at you to keep moving. I am beyond upset at how they have treated my friends and I. Will avoid this airport at all costs.
Date VisitMay 2022

"This airport is a dirty mess both inside and out"

Not Verified | This airport is a dirty mess both inside and out. Restroom trash cans are overflowing, urinals need a hosing, terrazzo floors need a buffing, escalators and walkways are in constant state of "under repair". The airport has been a construction expansion mess for way too long and temp barriers are falling apart. It feels like Charlotte ran out of money and has abandoned the place. Trump would call this place a third world airport.
Date VisitMay 2022

"a small regional facility that has greatly outgrown its facilities"

Trip Verified | I try to avoid CLT at all costs based on previous experience but unfortunately was routed through here again on American connecting flights. Which of course meant an incredibly long walk from the far end of Concourse E to the far reaches of Concourse A, battling thick crowds the entire time. And don't even think about trying to get something to eat here - everything has crazy lines and the airport also starts shutting down after 7 pm. We were racing to another concourse to get food from the one remaining open fast-food restaurant at 7.30 pm and barely made it back to our plane for boarding. The entire airport is a classic example of a small regional facility that has greatly outgrown its facilities. The architecture is nice enough in most places, but it's simply too many people crammed into to too many narrow hallways with no inter-terminal train system and endless extensions of extensions as their only solution. Not a pleasant place to be. Move the hub back to Pittsburgh or an airport that can better handle the load.
Date VisitApril 2022

"the worst airport experience ever"

Not Verified | Only 1 securely checkpoint open for all 6 gates! This caused me to miss my plane, be directed to another city and because of the rescheduling my luggage has been lost. This has become the worst airport experience ever and how can they even plan to expand and do all of this construction with inadequate staff; lack of communication, and utter chaos and unorganization!
Date VisitApril 2022

"airport staff was rude, unprofessional"

Not Verified | I was dropping off my niece who was traveling for the first time alone and she is 19 years old. She was nervous already, the airport staff was rude, unprofessional and yelling at times to us. It ruined my whole experience. I would have much rather drove to Atlanta and deal with them because I've never had an experience like this. Long lines, airport staff unprofessional, unhelpful and just unpleasant employees.