Cebu Airport

Cebu Airport customer review

Mactan-Cebu International Airport (CEB) is a much better entry point to the Philippines than Ninoy Aquino (unless your final destination is Manila of course). However despite the fact that Cebu is the second-largest city in the Philippines there is nothing overly impressive about its airport. I arrived at CEB on a domestic flight and was quite surprised how desolate the terminal was. This was in stark contrast to what was waiting just outside. For a flight of 60 or so people it seemed like the whole city of Cebu was waiting to greet us in the "welcoming area". I stuck out like a sore thumb being the only Cacuasian around but never once felt threatened by the smiling faces of Filipinos. I was immediately greeted by a sonata of sales pitches as taxi reps competed for my business. I gently waved them off since I was waiting to meet my friend. They were persistent but not obnoxious. The availability of transportation is not a problem at CEB but you will need to learn the art of negotiation to avoid being charged unfairly. Thankfully my friend is quite skilled in these matters and we never had to pay an elevated fare. A few weeks later I left from the international terminal at CEB for a flight to HKG. I don't remember much about my actual impressions of this terminal since I was contemplating a heartbreaking goodbye to my friend. However I do remember that the security line was not long at all and the entire process of getting my boarding pass and clearing customs took about 15 minutes max. The airport workers were quite friendly except of course for the customs official. CEB is a utilitarian airport and nothing more. It helps you get around the Philippines and S.E. Asia but luxurious it is not. It does however have a much more friendly feel than NAIA and Manila's domestic terminal.

Cebu Airport customer review

This is a small international airport. The approach to the terminal is not very impressive. The food selection and stores outside the security check area have very few selections compared to other international airports of comparable size. Security check line is short and the process efficient. Once inside the terminal is bereft of quality food outlets. There are few stores that sell souvenirs and indigenous food items to take home. We stayed inside Philippine Airlines business class lounge so we avoided the large crowd outside. The public restrooms are not well maintained. To get inside the boarding area each passenger must pay an airport departure tax payable in cash. The boarding area is too small for the Airbus A330-300 that PAL uses for its Cebu-Manila flights.

Cebu Airport customer review

Airport of Cebu is very laid back style. But it makes me feel more convenient than to go Manila airport. There are 4 international airlines to choose from - Cathay Silk Air Malaysia Airlines and Qatar airways. Its hassle free airport and when it comes to transportation lots of taxi outside the airport. And two big hotel near the airport - Waterfront Mactan hotel and Days hotel.