Casablanca Airport

"one of the worst airport"

Trip Verified | Worst airport i ever been to. Two different people tried taking money off me. One person would not let me take my remaining pounds. I took anyway. Another messed around with my Ipad and laptop. One said i can't take my partner's expired passport otherwise I'll be arrested. After shouting at them they let me go. It really is one of the worst airport in the world. Definitely in the top ten as the worst.
Date VisitApril 2019

"Slow and long lines"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Slow and long lines - arrived well in time for departure, ended up being late for boarding due to (multiples) security checkpoints/passport control queues. Moreover, lack of order at the airport contributed to the negative experience at this airport - probably the worst that I've stepped through.
Date VisitApril 2019

"Very messy airport"

(Chile)

Not Verified | The worst airport that I’ve seen so far. Very messy airport, with non-organised queues, very unpleasant staff from the main airline operating at this airport, who are shouting all the time, very umpleasent trip. I suggest arrive to the airport 3-4 hrs before the departure and be extremely patient.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"lack of seating"

Not Verified | Very basic in the transit area and not enough seating areas. Cost is very expensive to purchase any food or drinks. The milk is only sold as warm. The areas are all clean and seem to be well maintained. The biggest let down was definitely lack of seating with people having to sit on the floor.
Date VisitJune 2017

"ashamed by the level of unprofessionalism"

Trip Verified | As much as I want to support my country, I'm ashamed by the level of unprofessionalism of this airport. While waiting for my turn to claim my lost luggage, I witnessed a very uncomfortable exchange between the person ahead of me, an American, the clerk taking care of his claim, and her coworker. I had to step in because she was getting upset by the fact he didn't understand her broken English, or her French. How embarrassing. She then talked badly about him to me while I was stepping in to help. This is costing us in tourists. If this is your first and last experience of Morocco, when arriving and when departing, why would you ever want to come back? In terms of security, this airport is excellent and feels safe, but there's no reason for customer experience to take a hit because of experience. There are other airports I have visited, in what's considered "risk countries" (Israel, Turkey), where security is taken just as seriously, but not at the cost of Customer Experience. They are two different things.
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"airport is actually a mess"

Trip Verified | The airport is actually a mess. No indication on which queue to be followed, no lanes to follow the queue so there was a disorganized mass of people forming the line with very long waiting time between connections. My baggage got lost and very poor assistance by the airline Royal Air Maroc, they have been impolite and not cooperative, almost unwilling to find it. I really discourage people and travellers to pass by this airport.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"border control was a mess"

Trip Verified | This is a standard airport. We arrived on a outside position and drove with a bus to the arrival area. Border control was a mess. We waited over one hour to pass this. We need also to fill out a form, we realized that fast, but it would be nice to inform the people about this. A lot of them didn't know that. After this we was looking for our baggages. Everything was full with this, because of the delay on the boarder control.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"seating at gates was insufficient"

Unverified | My chief gripe was that shops very reluctantly accepted local Dinah, demanding Euro. Credit Cards mysteriously failed. Muffins were stale, scanning queues were 20 minutes. Departure forms ran out. The seating at gates was insufficient. Toilets damp but clean and limited.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"a bad experience all over the line"

Verified Review | Quite frankly a bad experience all over the line. No finger for the transport to the terminal, very long queue at the transit, no preferential lane for business passengers, personnel not very nice. Food court is saved by Illy and Paul, the rest is quite bad. Not a nice one.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"staff rude and unorganized"

(Turkey)

Verified Review | I have been travelling around the world and visited more than 50 countries and more than 150 airports but Casablanca is the worst I have ever seen. The staff are rude and unorganized. In a normal day you should be at the airport at least 4 hours before your flight. You have to pass through 2 security checks. We checked online and we received email with our boarding passes, printed them out and thought that we are ready to pass through. When we were passing, they told us this is not boarding pass. We should go back and get this from check-in. We had to run and ask people to go in front of the queue. Never rely on the online boarding pass. Tax free redemtion also a mess. Nobody knows where customs is which is after the boarding pass check but before the passport control. So go in to passport check you will see it on your right. Tax free offices are also at a different terminals so it seems designed to not get the money back.
Date VisitMay 2017