Casablanca Airport

"it is a disgrace"

Not Verified | Arrived at 7am. Check-in slow but efficient. Went to departure gate passport and boarding card checked. Entered the security hall along with thousands of other travellers. Only two points open out of more than 8 and one of those was for people who were about to miss their flights through the delays. Stood in line for over 1.5 hours. They eventually opened another point when there was an undignified scramble from queue jumpers to get there first. No notices whatsoever in Arabic, French or English. One man at the start of the conveyor belt was telling each person what to do, hats off shoes off etc etc. He was also responsible for the white plastic trays which he insisted people put their bags and stuff in. But there were only six available so he kept going to the end of the belt and retrieving the trays. Got to the end to be confronted by a policeman who inspected passport and B card again and frisked the males. At the gate every piece of luggage was searched again. This the main airport hub for Morocco and it is a disgrace. Inefficient and a terrible experience. What with all the delays clearing customs on arrival, the stinking toilets on the Royal Air Maroc planes and the time it took to clear security at Casablanca we will certainly not be returning.
Date VisitMarch 2020

"Agents were all polite and efficient"

Trip Verified | Experienced CMN last month arrival from Paris Orly with RAM and continuing to Muscat with Oman Air. Had to retreive my luggage, pass immigration and recheck-in again. All was very smooth and from the time the plane landed, I was outside less than 30min later, very impressive. Agents were all polite and efficient. The secret is like everywhere else: Be patient, respectful and polite and everything will be fine! Will not hesitate to use this Airport again.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"did not have any pharmacies or clinics"

Trip Verified | I was down with flu and surprised when I checked in and cleared passport, that the airport did not have any pharmacies or clinics inside the airport. This is the first time in a long history of travel that an airport doesn't have these facilities. Very disappointed.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"the worst airport I have ever seen"

Not Verified | Its the worst airport I have ever seen. Delay in entering airport because baggage is scanned, not necessary. Then at check-in your in the queue for a long time. Then you enter departures and continuously asked if you have money, they are nothing but thieves and beggars in uniform. This causes a lot of delays asking each passenger do you have money, what business is it of theirs if passengers have money? Then your hand luggage is scanned again only for someone to make a fuss and ask for something from your luggage. Then you enter another long queue only to fill out a departure card which is a waste of time. At this point, you've almost missed your flight. They are all trouble makers at the airport. Thieves in uniforms.

"Really nice airport"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Really nice airport, well cleaned, modern and easy to get around. Departure and arrival procedures went smoothly. However, for some reason, no one ever tells you to fill the compulsory form at passport control and there is never available pens. The men's toilets were infested. At departures security they ask you to take off your shoes but fail to have appropriate plastic bags. Wifi was very good.
Date VisitJune 2019

"impressed with what I saw at the airport"

Trip Verified | I recently traveled to Gambia using Royal Air Maroc. I had a long layover at Casablanca Mohammad Airport. I want to congratulate the King of Morocco and his administration, and also the citizens of Morocco. The pilot and staff at Royal Air Maroc were very professional meeting all my needs. Once I arrived in Casablanca Mohammed Airport I was taken with others to the hospitality suite. I have been to many airports but I have never been to one which had a hospitality suite. The workers were very kind and professional. I was impressed with what I saw at the airport that I plan to visit the country soon.
Date VisitApril 2019

"old, dated and very uncomfortable"

Trip Verified | This is one of the worst airports I have ever been in. It is old, dated and very uncomfortable. The worst part is that we had to stand in line for almost 2 hours to get through passport control on arrival. The customs officials acted like they hated their job and would rather be doing anything else than to process passengers. Each officer took an unbelievable amount of time to process each person. We had flown all night from the West Coast of the United States with a 5 hour layover in Paris then 3 hours to Casablanca only to wait in line for 2 hours to get into the country. We had a driver picking us up but there was not one area for them to wait so we finally found him outside of the terminal. This is not the way Morocco should be welcoming visitors. In fact we after going through this we just wanted to get on the first flight home. Also they do not make it obvious that you need to fill out a form upon arrival which is tucked off to the side before you get in line at passport control so I had to get out of line to get the forms. I think everyone at this airport either needs extensive training or should be fired. They were totally inefficient and not welcoming at all! Shame on Morocco for putting people through this!
Date VisitApril 2019

"Slow lines at the immigration"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Slow lines at the immigration. Cleaning lady at the restroom beside Cafe Bianca was asking for tip/money from me while I was washing my hands. I understand there are pay toilet/restrooms in Morocco, but didn't expect it to happen at the airport. Someone from the airport management should check this practice from their own personnel/staff.
Date VisitApril 2019

"one of the worst airport"

Trip Verified | Worst airport i ever been to. Two different people tried taking money off me. One person would not let me take my remaining pounds. I took anyway. Another messed around with my Ipad and laptop. One said i can't take my partner's expired passport otherwise I'll be arrested. After shouting at them they let me go. It really is one of the worst airport in the world. Definitely in the top ten as the worst.

"Slow and long lines"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Slow and long lines - arrived well in time for departure, ended up being late for boarding due to (multiples) security checkpoints/passport control queues. Moreover, lack of order at the airport contributed to the negative experience at this airport - probably the worst that I've stepped through.