Cardiff Airport

Cardiff Airport customer review

We recently used this airport for the first time in 25 years (moved back to Cardiff). Parking was close enough to the terminal to walk and was incredibly cheap. Check-in was no different from any other airport I have ever used and security is no worse either (always a trial anywhere). Prices at the bar and cafe were shocking (more expensive than Heathrow) but you don't have to buy. On our return we were off the plane and in the car within 20 minutes and that was after collecting bags which is pretty good in my experience. Other reviews moan about charges for Pick-up and Drop-off but most UK airports now do this and there is a free area if you wish to use it. It's a shame that there are not more flights but this might cause its own problems with congestion. I desperately want to use my local airport so I hope the management does something to attract more airlines to Cardiff. Cardiff Airport has the potential to be a first class regional hub.

Cardiff Airport customer review

Flew twice this Summer from Cardiff as I live locally everything went like clockwork but unable to check in online and airport looking very run down. What must visitors to the only airport in Wales think.

Cardiff Airport customer review

This has to win the prize as the worst airport in the world. You are charged a £1 to drop off which is not even outside the terminal they have gone crazy in the name of security. You can park outside Heathrow terminals and get out of the car with bags etc and free of charge. The check in desks are abysmal and slow considering they hardly have any flights going through and the security area is painfully slow rude and inefficient. They had a nice flight to Zurich flying out of the airport the last few months and I now see that they have lost that to Bristol.

Cardiff Airport customer review

We haven't flown from Cardiff Airport for over 3 years despite it being our closest and most convenient airport as we live in west Wales - we decided to give both Cardiff and Vueling airlines a chance as we usually fly from Bristol (far more choice of flights and usually half the price). We arrived 3 hours before our flight and due to horrendous service at check-in and awful service through security check we only just got through to departures with 5 mins to go - disaster of an airport really needs to sort itself out. We will not be returning to Cardiff and we have just booked our October half term flights with Ryanair from Bristol. They seem to be ripping any remaining customers they have left off for every penny they can! As they are now charging to drop off near the airport - this is a total disgrace we have 2 young children and we need to get them out as close to airport as possible together with cases while I park at the overpriced car park - but here in Cardiff I now have to pay a pound just to drop off my wife and kids.

Cardiff Airport customer review

Since BMI baby has left this airport it has become far to expensive to use the airport from now on all our holidays will be from Bristol or Birmingham. I personally can not see this airport lasting much longer and the management are closing this airport by out pricing its use to the working class people I have just priced a return flight for September this year from Cardiff to Alicante Spain and it comes to £149.00 from Cardiff and the same flight from Bristol is £46.00.

Cardiff Airport customer review

Incredibly small airport which has it's good and bad points. No queues at check-in and security are always welcome. However major shortage in places to eat needs to be addressed. Waiting areas were clean as were the toilets - both before and after security. Ground staff were very helpful and friendly. Better advice on how to reach the city centre wouldn't go wrong however!

Cardiff Airport customer review

Avoid this ironically-named airport especially if you're not a local and especially if you're using it to arrive. If you've found and survived one of the limited flights followed by a long wait and an over-the-top interrogation at passport control (which seems to be standard for non- Europeans) then comes the punch - you're in the middle of nowhere and you won't get any help. It's hard to believe that an airport like this still exists.

Cardiff Airport customer review

I fly from this airport regularly to NCL and although it has very basic faciilities it's very quick to get through check in/security and onto the plane. I only use the coffee shop and it's always open when I pass through. Shame there is only a limited range of scheduled services from the airport though.

Cardiff Airport customer review

It's going downhill even further. The shuttle bus to the newly-built link railway station is being retired from the end of May leaving pax without a car to a disorganised bus service. And guess what? The only hand scanner for self-printed (online) checkin documents was out of order again today. Unsuspecting travellers thus had to return downstairs to the departures hall queue up at checkin lines often waiting up to 20 mins for a card boarding pass. I suggest that regular travellers send in their spare change to the Airport Manager so the Airport Appeal for a Second Scanner Fund can buy a secondhand backup reader from a more efficient airport. That said staff here are fine and often a bit frustrated at the inefficiencies from management.

Cardiff Airport customer review

Cardiff is a typical small airport which has traditionally been principally for charter flights. Over the years I have seen its custom fall away as charter customers switch to Bristol and Birmingham both of which offer far better service. Cardiff has tried to reinvent itself as an 'International class' airport but it is never going to compete with the likes of Birmingham and that has failed miserably. Because of security restrictions the roof is never open and the upper floor rarely accessible. The building has all the charm of a Communist era building with few external windows. Compared with Bristol it is very claustrophobic. The land side facilities are minimal. The only positive side is the helpful disabled facilities and support that is offered.