Cardiff Airport

Cardiff Airport customer review

We have used this airport on a regular basis and every time we are structure by how unfriendly most of the staff are. The security/customs people are rude and intimidating. The NCP staff unbelievably pathetic in attitude and all they have to do is authorise a pre booked ticket. We flew in from Amsterdam and what a contrast in how the Dutch run an airport. This airport is the "gate way" to Wales. What a bad advertisement. Its now owned by the Council. Tax payers money being wasted. Close it.

Cardiff Airport customer review

We regularly fly throughout the year from Cardiff or Bristol. Bristol airport lounge is excellent value however Cardiff airport lounge limits you to two alcoholic drinks! I do not want to get drunk at the airport but two wines or beers for my husband over 3 hours is pathetic! Out of curiosity I've clicked on the terms and conditions of numerous airports throughout the country and haven't come across any others that limit the drinks. Bristol airports 'Silver parking zone' is excellent and extremely well managed compared with what's on offer at Cardiff. Cardiff airport is supposed to be trying to encourage more people to use it but these are just two examples of why we prefer to fly from Bristol.
Queuing Times N/A

Cardiff Airport customer review

As I am a Welshman I am saddened to have to write a review of this nature about the Welsh international airport. I was unfortunate to use CWL for a return flight to Turkey recently. I had heard the news about difficulties at the airport and airlines pulling out but could it be that bad? A travel rep. told me they had difficulty selling flights from Cardiff and flights were being reduced. After being there I understand why! On arrival at the terminal I found that the check in queues for the Thomson desks were reaching outside the entrance. With travellers having to arrive up to 3 hours before flying and waiting for what seemed forever to actually check in the facilities for having a meal both before entering and in the departure lounge are very poor. Eventual boarding was good. On our return in the early hours of the morning the only flight to land waiting for our cases became an exercise in patience. Some cases would arrive and there would be up to a 15 min wait for the next batch (I think they were unloading using a wheelbarrow) in all for not a very big plane it took well over an hour to deliver all the luggage. It would seem on speaking to fellow sufferers this is the norm! Will I be using CWL again? Only if there is no alternative.

Cardiff Airport customer review

Be aware that Cardiff airport has now introduced a £2 charge for use of the luggage trolley - a 'trolley tax'! I was absolutely furious to find this new situation upon returning last Friday. All the other passengers were equally outraged. Clearly they want to lose yet more passengers. Next time we'll probably fly from London.

Cardiff Airport customer review

I used to use this airport on a regular (every week) basis changing in Amsterdam for my final destination. Over the years (last 10) this airport has become a disgrace. Starting with the primitive parking facilities - not so cheap - and security outside that would be acceptable to a US embassy - to the grotty interior underworked and over zealous security staff inside. I now get up 2 hours earlier and drive to Heathrow. Sometimes use Bristol - it's not bad at all and far superior to Cardiff.

Cardiff Airport customer review

Despite it being the most local we'll take Bristol or Birmingham next time. Not content with ripping people off at every opportunity (parking drop-off fees etc.) now they charge for having those ludicrous "security" bags. However the real problem is the menacing security theatre. Getting menaced by them has become routine upon returning to Cardiff and it's not much fun on the way out either. Getting grilled with questions about our holiday time away business money spent purpose etc. all leading up to a full going-through of our baggage is humiliating and frightening. We are citizens returning to our own country. Someone should tell the Cardiff security this.

Cardiff Airport customer review

We recently used this airport for the first time in 25 years (moved back to Cardiff). Parking was close enough to the terminal to walk and was incredibly cheap. Check-in was no different from any other airport I have ever used and security is no worse either (always a trial anywhere). Prices at the bar and cafe were shocking (more expensive than Heathrow) but you don't have to buy. On our return we were off the plane and in the car within 20 minutes and that was after collecting bags which is pretty good in my experience. Other reviews moan about charges for Pick-up and Drop-off but most UK airports now do this and there is a free area if you wish to use it. It's a shame that there are not more flights but this might cause its own problems with congestion. I desperately want to use my local airport so I hope the management does something to attract more airlines to Cardiff. Cardiff Airport has the potential to be a first class regional hub.

Cardiff Airport customer review

Flew twice this Summer from Cardiff as I live locally everything went like clockwork but unable to check in online and airport looking very run down. What must visitors to the only airport in Wales think.

Cardiff Airport customer review

This has to win the prize as the worst airport in the world. You are charged a £1 to drop off which is not even outside the terminal they have gone crazy in the name of security. You can park outside Heathrow terminals and get out of the car with bags etc and free of charge. The check in desks are abysmal and slow considering they hardly have any flights going through and the security area is painfully slow rude and inefficient. They had a nice flight to Zurich flying out of the airport the last few months and I now see that they have lost that to Bristol.

Cardiff Airport customer review

We haven't flown from Cardiff Airport for over 3 years despite it being our closest and most convenient airport as we live in west Wales - we decided to give both Cardiff and Vueling airlines a chance as we usually fly from Bristol (far more choice of flights and usually half the price). We arrived 3 hours before our flight and due to horrendous service at check-in and awful service through security check we only just got through to departures with 5 mins to go - disaster of an airport really needs to sort itself out. We will not be returning to Cardiff and we have just booked our October half term flights with Ryanair from Bristol. They seem to be ripping any remaining customers they have left off for every penny they can! As they are now charging to drop off near the airport - this is a total disgrace we have 2 young children and we need to get them out as close to airport as possible together with cases while I park at the overpriced car park - but here in Cardiff I now have to pay a pound just to drop off my wife and kids.