Cardiff Airport

Cardiff Airport customer review

After many years of using Bristol airport we decided to give Cardiff another go (we only live 8 miles from CWL). The main problem is the poor choice of flights but we managed to get a flight to Barcelona which almost fitted our needs. The airport's recent modernisation seems to be pretty good. Drop-off area was good and no charge (well done CWL). Check-in staff were fine security was no worse nor no better than most airports we use so all in all not bad. As part of the modernisation Cardiff seems to have followed the Bristol plan - enlarge the Duty Free shops at the expense of seating - not good. The catering is average but the prices are eye wateringly expensive over £2 for a cup of tea is such a rip-off. I thought the Welsh government owned this airport. They should stop such profiteering. Would we use the airport again. The answer is most definitely yes if suitable flights are available but that's the snag there aren't many flights to anywhere.

Cardiff Airport customer review

I was checking in my disabled grandmother and the staff were nothing but miserable rude and unhelpful. I saw a smile from one member of staff while checking in my grandmother and I felt we were made to feel a nuisance to these people. At one point someone told me to 'put her in a chair and take her to a desk!' Then they had a cheek to charge me 5 pounds for parking as it obviously takes longer to assist a person who requires a wheelchair. I phoned to complain and again felt the staff were not bothered and refused to refund me telling me to call another department. Not happy at all.

Cardiff Airport customer review

Much smaller than I imagined for a capital city airport and not one that I would want to be stuck in for too long as facilities are quite limited but overall a positive experience with short queues and friendly staff. A nice touch was a machine at the security exit allowing passengers to rate their experience. I hope these results are looked at and acted upon and believe that every airport should do it as it is often seems that it is this part of the travel process that determines how good or bad a passenger's overall experience is.

Cardiff Airport customer review

I will never use Cardiff Airport again. My wife and I have always used Cardiff for holidays but after being let down three times over one holiday never again. We are going to Bristol for the first time this year and even through its further away I believe we wont be let down. We have had our flights changed three times from Cardiff and we did not know what time we are supposed to fly or even if we can take two suitcases that we had paid for! I am sorry to say that I have lost faith in Cardiff airport. Is it any wonder people are going elsewhere? Also Cardiff is an international airport not a regional airport what a bad joke.

Cardiff Airport customer review

My experience of this airport was positive. I can't understand all the negative reviews trashing the place. Staff were friendly. Security also efficient and friendly. Seemed a little bit too quiet for a modern airport. I know they are trying to attract more business and I really hope they succeed. I'd read all kinds of horror stories about the place but it was fine. I'd been using KLM to travel into Bristol as it's usually a little bit cheaper but will definitely use their service into Cardiff again as it is closer to my destination.

Cardiff Airport customer review

We have flown from Cardiff airport for over 30 years. My mother and father used to fly twice a year back and forth between Dublin in the late 50's and early 60's and as a child I flew regularly between Cardiff and Dublin to visit family. As a family I my husband and my two teenage sons have used the airport since 2001. In December 2001 we flew on a day trip to Lapland. In 2006 it was with Thomson to Sanford Florida and experienced no problems. Again in 2008 to Sanford Florida with Monarch. In this occasion we arrived at the airport at 4am for our 7 am flight and didn't check in until 6.15 due to a computer crash. We then used the airport in 2009 to fly to Dublin. We didn't return until 2012 where we flew back to Dublin. We are flying yet again to Dublin in October this year and are hoping to have another stress free experience at this airport!

Cardiff Airport customer review

Very disappointed that since the take over of Cardiff airport no budget airline has returned eg. BMI Baby or would be nice to see Ryanair or EasyJet. Living in Wales we should be able to get flights for the same price as available from Bristol airport and not get the extra flight supplements also more competitive airlines than Thomson or Thomas Cook. I and many friends and family choose to travel to Bristol driving past Cardiff airport as there is usually a saving of at least £600 per family booking when travelling from Bristol with these airlines. Cardiff really needs to look at the services and flights available if it is going to develop in a competitive market.

Cardiff Airport customer review

I have just read the previous reviews and I'm sorry but I totally disagree with them! Quick check in quick through security yes they are strict but welcome to a modern safety conscious airport. Compared with some of the modern airports it could do with modernising however that really does not bother me. Parking was cheap at the Holiday Inn Express with a free taxi to the front door which took 2 minutes altogether. Cardiff airport has retained another passenger and would recommend to anyone else.

Cardiff Airport customer review

Dull ugly and (worst of all) the most unreliable and infrequent airport-to-city centre transport system of any airport I have known. Little wonder the airport is a white elephant recently bailed out by the Welsh Assembly government. You will arrive and discover that there are no taxis (these must be ordered) no trains (although there is a train link some distance away requiring a taxi!) and (most shameful of all) buses that depart once every 45 minutes! The latter are poorly signed and the whole this is a fiasco. I arrived on a flight at Cardiff Airport at 7.30pm and the terminal was closed. We were escorted through an area by airport staff to an exit and dumped outside to fend for ourselves (see above about lack of transportation). It was like flying to Uzbekistan circa 1953! I urgently recommend that you fly to Bristol instead then take the train. Failing that just don't go to Cardiff.

Cardiff Airport customer review

Being disabled at Cardiff airport is a nightmare. We leave the car at the highwayman parking their mini bus parks in front of the airport and this is where the trouble starts. I have to try and get a suitcase up 5 steps while walking with a walking stick at check-in it was not explained how far gate 13 was. The experience happens in reverse when I land surely slopes would be better then steps to the car park.