Cardiff Airport

"staff were friendly"

Not Verified | The staff were friendly while waiting in line to check in at desk, fast check in after getting booked in. Lounge was full but the seating well spread out and comfortable. Information board well lit up and gave all the departure gave and time for take off. The food was okay and priced well for what was on display, in other words Good Grub. Duty free did come up a bit quick after going through security, still was a good selection on display. I will be using Cardiff airport in the future.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"Absolute farce"

Trip Verified | The airport exterior is unwelcoming. The computers went down at check-in. The lady's at the desk did their best and it's not their fault they work in such a poor airport with worn out equipment. It was also hot in departures which added to the uncomfortableness of having to stand around and wait not quite knowing what was going on. We all started worrying that we would miss our flights. No one cared to say, don't worry or that the flights would be held for us. Then the security staff in Cardiff are an absolute nightmare (apart from one lady who smiled as we loaded the baskets - she was normal and nice). Do this, do that, take your shoes off stand in this x-ray machine or else! Then the information screens are in illogical places in the airport "lounge" (which is a bloody mess). You can tell it's run by the Welsh Government: Absolute farce. And then just when you find your flight number on the screen it cuts to a flipping advert and you have to wait for your flight to come around again by standing in one place because few of the screens can be seen from a seat. The airport is shabby, badly designed (even though they've half tried to do it up), unfriendly, unwelcoming and should be shut and moved to somewhere where it would be of use. It doesn't take much effort, but there seems to be a general malaise of miserableness in Rhoose! Use Bristol!
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"some powers of observation"

Trip Verified | Travelling with my autistic son I welcomed the news and attendant publicity that Cardiff Airport was now “autistism friendly” and employing staff trained to help ensure that passage through the airport would be as smooth as possible for people with this disability. The reality encountered when we used Cardiff Airport recently was somewhat different. We turned up at the "help desk" only to be told that there was no record of the contact I had already made to advise of our travel arrangements. Nonetheless my son was duly supplied with a wrist band and we made our way to the departure lounge and waited in the designated area to be escorted to our flight. The escort arrived promptly but then things started to go wrong. The escort was also accompanying an elderly wheelchair passenger and as we headed to board our flight no less than three times officious staff stepped in and abruptly challenged us as to where we were going, much to the embarrassment of our escort. These staff must have been asleep during the "not all disabilities are visible" part of the training the airport proudly proclaims that they have received. The lesson to be learned here is that there is a world of difference between running a social media charm campaign plastering posters everywhere proclaiming Cardiff Airport to be “autism aware” and employing staff who actually understand what this means and who have the ability to use some powers of observation. Unfortunately the transfer of the airport to Welsh Government ownership seems to have encouraged the development of the officious, self entitled attitude we encountered. Luckily my son took this in his stride.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"run for the hills"

Not Verified | If the state of the airport is a reflection of Cardiff then run for the hills. Travel a lot and this is by far the dirtiest airport I have departed from in the UK. Dirt and food all over the floors from the front door through to the gates. Sticky tables in caffi cwtch. Come on Cardiff airport management, a broom and a wet cloth are not brain science. Despite this can’t fault the staff who were all friendly and helpful.

"Poor experience"

Trip Verified | Poor experience. No signage on the road where to return the rental car, which forced me to pay for leaving the accidentally entered short stay car park. Overambitious and unfriendly Security Control staff.

"disgusting customer service"

Not Verified | I have visited the beer house at the airport for lunch before my flight, and have been appalled by the customer service at the desk. All I asked was to swap rice to chips on my curry meal, and was completely barked at! Considering the meals are quite expensive in the first place, the disgusting customer service was a shock! I will not be returning for food here again!
Date VisitJuly 2018

"Security staff beyond rude"

Not Verified | Luggage conveyor belt broke down several times whilst checking in. Hence queued to check in a long time. Security staff beyond rude. Mother was in wheelchair and made to get out and try to walk through scanner and remove her cardigan. Female security guard seemed to be on a power trip! Special assistance best part of experience. Live in South Wales but will not be my first choice of airport again.
Date VisitJune 2018

"absolutely dreadful"

Trip Verified | Absolutely dreadful. Check in was slowest I have ever experienced, security was worse. We had no time to shop or eat which passengers need to be encouraged to do if the airport is to make money. Staff seemed unaware that there are any time constraints and the attitude was poor. Not a good advert for Wales.
Date VisitJune 2018

"staff were very pleasant and professional"

Trip Verified | I was lucky enough to be on the first Qatar airways flight to Bangkok via Doha. There was a genuine buzz around the airport and the staff were clearly excited. Check in and security were extremely quick. The new duty free layout and shop and seating layout is better IMO. I had access to the business lounge. My only criticism would be the relatively uncomfortable seating, compared to the old lounge. I think the addition of separate business lounge for KLM and Qatar, within the lounge, is a superb idea. The staff were very pleasant and professional. The Cawl (warm lamb soup) was delicious. I feel the food offerings could be improved.
Date VisitMay 2018

"parking charges higher than Heathrow"

Not Verified | I was excited to see that Qatar Airways are now flying from Cardiff. However on researching costs, I was dismayed to see that the parking charges are higher than Heathrow Airport.Given that Heathrow parking charges are high, I was expecting to make a significant saving. Sorry Cardiff, unless you reduce your parking costs I will continue to use Heathrow.
Date VisitMay 2018