Cancun Airport

Cancun Airport customer review

I have arrived and departed via Terminal 2 (domestic flights) several times and it has been a decent experience. In fact CUN was making some progress previous to the Hurricane Wilma incident. The location of the airport is quite far away from Cancun but its in the center of the Maya Riviera complex. True many improvements can be made (especially when it comes to entertainment and ventilation) but it fares quite well compared to other Mexican airports. Transportation wise there are some problems but it fares better than Honolulu or San Diego.

Cancun Airport customer review

Cancun airport was very unpleasant experience. There were signs everywhere that said "NO SMOKING" but everyone was smoking. If you can't stand the smoke this airport will be a terrible place. There is no enforcement to prevent people from smoking. In addition ventilation in the airport is pretty bad which doesn't help this situation. I even asked the security guard about this and she just told me "I am sorry".

Cancun Airport customer review

Cancun airport is OK. I arrived and departed through Terminal 1 which is the older terminal. Customs and Immigration on arrival was orderly and straight-forward. Departures were well-labeled and frequently announced. Transport from the airport to Cancun is frustrating as you are guided to the $60 taxis. There is no signage or other directions to the $1.50 shuttle that departs every half hour. (I learned about this only for my return) The trick is that the shuttle only departs from Terminal 2 so from Terminal 1 you must first take the inter-terminal shuttle. Also annoying was the chronic smoking in the terminal even at the gates despite 'No Smoking' signs posted everywhere.

Cancun Airport customer review

Cancun airport is really operated quite efficiently not that improvements cant be made. I have been in and out of this airport for 15 years and have experienced it all. Everything is a matter of perspective Mexico is Mexico some things are to be expected and prepared for.

Cancun Airport customer review

Cancun Airport has always provided exceptional service and a great experience. Terminal 1 is a bit old and always crowded but since I'm mexican I almost always arrive and depart from Terminal 2 which is a newer bigger and more modern terminal with a big round concourse comprising around 20 gates. The new baggage claim area is a total disaster they send 4 flights to the same conveyor just like in Mexico City even when there are many carousels left. Conveyors 15-18 are never used instead they exploit 1-10 and sometimes use 11-15. Organization is a big problem but its even a great and big international airport.

Cancun Airport customer review

I flew into Cancun once from Charlotte. Customs and immigration were chaotic. Lines were formed all over. It took 2 hours to clear passport control. Check in was no problem at all.

Cancun Airport customer review

Based on my last four visits to Cancun I would have to agree with the negative comments posted her by others. The exception - on 8th October 2004 I left Cancun for London Gatwick and everything went smoothly and quickly! We arrived at the airport about 90 minutes before our scheduled departure (charter Britannia BY362B 15:35 departure) and there was no queue at all - we walked straight up to the desk without our luggage having to undergo a manual search where we were checked-in quickly and we paid our departure tax there (none of the separate queuing as reported by Nick Williamson). The straight through to the departure lounge where we made some duty-free purchases and had a drink and then boarded the flight on time and departure was also on time. I guess that sometimes things work very well even in Cancun!