Cancun Airport

Cancun Airport customer review

Cancun Airport This was a bright clean and friendly airport with a good range of shops and cafes. The staff were friendly and helpful. I flew in to Mexico via a different airport so my experience of Cancun is based on departures only.

Cancun Airport customer review

This airport is new and is fairly easy to navigate. Parking in front of the terminal is excellent. I flew into CUN and had to stop at the agricultural inspection station because I had 4 cats. The agricultural inspector was very nice and my paperwork was in order but under current law each passenger is allowed only 2 cats so Aduana wouldn't let me take all of my cats out with me until necessary paperwork was completed. Overall the airport is excellent for facilities.

Cancun Airport customer review

My husband and I departed the Cancun airport for Chicago just after the Christmas Day terror attempt resulting in increased security. We were prepared for the security delays and allowed time to pass through. The airport experience was uneventful. I have a titanium knee replacement and always get stopped at security! It's expected and never intimidating. However: During this time of heightened security I passed right through the scanners. Either the screeners didn't question what they saw or they missed it. It could have been a weapon! I am now concerned that I didn't mention this at the gate but I didn't . Just hoping that the airport officials read these comments.

Cancun Airport customer review

Very impressed. Compared to Dubai airport (supposedly one of the best) it was excellent. Good places to eat and nice shops. Exceptionally clean toilets.

Cancun Airport customer review

Third world airport is a scary sounding phrase but Cancun airport doesn't deserve the scary reputation that this suggests. In several trips through Cancun in the past three years I have never had a problem. On arrival transiting through immigration was reasonably fast and checked baggage always turned up quickly. Sometimes (if your 'number comes up') Mexican customs makes a more thorough search of your baggage (including x-raying) but even this wasn't too much of a problem. On departure I’ve found that the airport processes people quickly and that security line-ups are minimal. There is plenty of comfortable seating in the departure area and many options for the shopper or traveller with time on their hands (including one of those typical Mexican pharmacies that sell just about any kind of drug without requiring a prescription). I only have two issues with Cancun: Firstly the number of time share hawkers waiting to pounce on you right after you exit customs some masquerading as representatives of the tour companies. Just ignore them and keep walking. The other issue is temporary – Cancun is building a new runway and the road network is a little messed up while construction is in progress making it slow driving in and out. In summary Cancun airport is easier to arrive at and depart from than a number of "First world airports" that I’ve travelled through in recent times and they should be complimented for doing a good job.

Cancun Airport customer review

It's really a tale of two airports. The immigration and arrivals areas are bad. I arrived 3.5 hours ahead of the party I was meeting in Cancun. I went through immigration and started over to baggage claim. The people on my flight and I waited more than 30 minutes for our luggage. After that the challenge is dodging the timeshare hawkers. Right when you walk into the rental car area there is an area of bank teller like booths staffed with people who wave you over urgently as soon as you make eye contact. It seems official but don't fall for it. If you dont get stuck with that then there are people standing around who pretend they are going to help you to your rental car or to the transportation to your hotel but it always ends up turning into a timeshare commercial. Also there is no place to sit so if you have to wait for any amount of time you have to sit on the floor. I would suggest when arriving leave straight away from the airport and dont make eye contact with anyone! Just plow through to the exit. The departure area is much nicer. Pretty clean lots of shops and stuff. I was amazed at how decent it was. No problems with the departure process. Planes are slow to board. Security goes through every carry on bag as you board the plane. The beauty of Cancun far outweighs the bad stuff at the airport. Just get out of there as soon as you can and enjoy the paradise that awaits

Cancun Airport customer review

Very pleasantly surprised leaving from Cancun. Bright clean and large modern airport. Check-in for XL Airways was quick and efficient no delays at security ample seating in area with shops and food outlets. At 11 pm currency exchange was still open.

Cancun Airport customer review

I suppose that I expected a bit more from an airport serving a major tourist area. First there is only one runway (which was closed for 20 minutes due to debris as we approached from Denver) and many of the gates have no jetways. When we departed we had to board a bus with no seats to be hauled to the far end of the tarmac to board our flight from portable steps. When you arrive you are besieged by people wanting to give you a "welcome package" - invariably people hawking time shares. If you have never been to Cancun before you have no idea that they are not affiliated with the company you booked your tours through. Very chaotic getting to ground transportation. This airport is decidedly third world which I found surprising.

Cancun Airport customer review

Cancun Airport has undergone a great deal of improvement in the last year. Baggage reclaim was pleasantly quick and the immigration side is bigger and more efficient than previous years. They have X-ray machines now instead of opening everybodys case now but they still select many at random for close inspection which can delay you. The departure checkin desks appear on screen 3 hours before the flight but there was an hour queuing before the desk actually opened . The departure lounge in the international terminal has been vastly improved with a snack food court bar and a new duty free shopping area which passed the time quite nicely. All in all quite a good experience and much more efficient. There was no baggage search to delay checkin on departure this year but they still have a departure tax of $50 USD at check in !

Cancun Airport customer review

Very impressed with the layout services cleanliness and comfort of the Cancun airport - well done. It certainly makes for an even better vacation experience.