Cancun Airport

"A complete rip-off!"

Not Verified | Worst airport in the world. Bad signage, bad logistics, circle road system. Traffic outside the airport is crazy, took us over 3 hours to get to the main highway. But there’s worse: a local mafia is running the TAXI business outside the airport. They charge you $70-100 just to take you to the hotel area of the airport, which is barely 5-10 min away. More expensive than Paris or London! A complete rip-off!
Date VisitDecember 2022

"Arrival experience not very pleasing"

Trip Verified | First time traveling through CUN airport. Very crowded immigration area with long lines. The WiFi was very spotty and the cleanliness of the bathrooms was just okay. Upon exiting customs/baggage claim, one is accosted by the numerous time share reps who have set up shop there. Arrival experience not very pleasing. Departure on the other hand is a different story. The check in area in Terminal 3 for US Airlines is very bright, clean and uncrowded. Security was a breeze to get through - no wait at all. Post Security - there is huge duty free shop that you have to traverse to get to the concourse and gates. The concourse and gate areas were somewhat crowded. Plenty of restaurant options as well as a food court and other shops. Cleanliness of lavatories was okay. WiFi - unable to connect despite repeated attempts. Signal strength for cell/mobile was very poor.
Date VisitDecember 2022

"Just be wary of this type of scam"

Trip Verified | I would like to warn people so that it hopefully does not happen to them: When leaving the airport you will often be harassed to take a taxi. They offered me to pay by card and informed me the price would be $5. I stupidly did not look what the lady put into her machine and therefore sadly later found that she had charged 2,000 mexican pesos to my card (equivalent to approximately £80 in the UK). Just be wary of this type of scam as my bank were unable to refund me the money and it was a horrible feeling.
Date VisitApril 2022

"Avoid this airport at your peril"

Not Verified | We arrived three hours before departure for our flight to Toronto via Charlotte, USA. There was one attendant booking in hundreds of people and many had connecting flights including my wife and myself, and we're both seniors. Apparently all the other attendants were at lunch. Are you kidding me! Ater waiting an hour and a half we finally got to an attendant and what a terrible experience that was - what an unbelievably disgusting experience. I wish I'd taken her name but we were in too much of a hurry to get to our flight. Then we had to into the security line, another long wait, we finally got to the gate for final boarding. Avoid this airport at your peril.
Date VisitMarch 2022

"worst treatment"

Not Verified | The worst treatment in an airport that I have received in my life. The people who work there are despotic and uneducated! I don't recommend to travel to Cancun airport!!
Date VisitFebruary 2022

"I don’t recommend this airport"

Not Verified | It was an awful experience. The line to go through immigration was 90 minutes and completely disorganized. Nobody giving you directions. People were wearing no mask. The immigration personal was very unprofessional. No respect for keeping distance in the middle of the Pandemic. I don’t recommend this airport at all.
Date VisitFebruary 2022

"Spoiled my experience of Mexico"

Not Verified | Very rude crew at this airport. Took husbands hair cream and my nail file in the blink of an eye and teeth it away. Went through our luggage as if we were hiding a bomb taking stuff out and digging through, even though we asked if there was something in particular they were looking for and if we can help get it out. Would not even say hi, look at us or say anything on English to us. For an airport employees in a tourist destination this is a very bad image for the country. Spoiled my experience of Mexico. Don’t want to back back here unless really really need to.
Date VisitDecember 2021

"this time was the absolute worst"

Trip Verified | I have been coming to the Cancun airport for over 10 years. Every time it’s same, but this time was even worse! The pick up for our luggage changed turnstiles 3 times. Customs went so slow that there was barely any room for people…there was no organization, no lines. Everyone was crowded in luggage pick up with no possibility for social distancing. Cancun international arrivals have always been bad but this time was the absolute worst.
Date VisitNovember 2021

"this airport nightmare made this trip not worth taking"

Not Verified | This airport is the worst I’ve ever been to in the world. Nobody that works at this airport knows what they are doing nor do they care. They say “I don’t know” to every question a typical traveler would ask or need help with. They yelled at me at the gate when it was my turn to step up to the counter to find out why I paid for a first class seat that they said wasn’t available. All my flights and statuses were paid and confirmed months ago and then the week and day of our flights. They rig their scales for checked bags which we proved to them when we pulled out our luggage weigh tool. Had we not had that they wanted to charge $300 for 1 checked bag that weighed 43 lbs- their scaled claimed our bag weighed 102lbs. They take so long to figure out how to do their job that it caused me to miss my first flight- and connecting flight- they made me book another ticket - on my dime- on top of the first class ticket already purchased. To net this out to all the people considering flying into Cancun international airport - don't. As wonderful as my time was in PDC - this airport nightmare made this trip not worth taking. Staying home in the US in lockdown (no we aren’t locked down, but if we were) would have been better than having to spend a second in the Cancun Airport.
Date VisitAugust 2021

"I have never been more grateful to be back in the U.S"

Not Verified | Worst airport I have ever been to. I will never come back to Mexico just because of this airport. No body working here cares about anything or anyone. Literally almost missed my flight even though I arrived there 3 hours before my flight. Waited in line for over 2 hours just to check bags in. They are such a scattered mess. I have never been more grateful to be back in the U.S. What a mess.
Date VisitJune 2021