Calgary Airport

"Ground crew are terrible"

Not Verified | Airport structure is fine. Ground crew are terrible causing hours long delays. Not sure what the issue is but only fly here if you have to. I fly between Vancouver and Calgary once a month and the flights are always delayed. The WestJet pilots always blame labour problems with the sub contracted ground crew.
Date VisitJanuary 2022

"This place is an absolute joke"

Trip Verified | I fly in and out of here every week and between the ground crew and WestJet I have spent over 15 hrs waiting at this airport over and above the time of getting to the airport 1.5 hrs early. This place is an absolute joke. If this is the best Calgary can do redirect all the flights to an airport that has the services required to run an airport. So very frustrating. Whoever the manager is of this airport they should be fired and bring in someone that knows what their doing. Can’t believe people keep their jobs when they are so incompetent.
Date VisitJanuary 2022

"will never set my foot at Calgary airport"

Trip Verified | This is a somewhat modern airport that was designed not for travelers but for Canada Customs and Local Security service workers. I honestly filled out the Customs' form when landed from San Francisco and Canada Customs routed me to their dungeon room to check up on me. The Customs Officer took my passport and told me to take a seat. I told him that I had a connection flight to catch. He replied: "It is not our concern". I sat and waited for almost an hour then they called me up. They looked at what I declared and gave me my Passport and said no problem. I then found out that I had to go through Security check point again. By the time I got through Security I found out that I had to run half a mile in order to get to my gate. I got to the gate just one minute before they close it. On my way back to the US a few days later, Nov. 28, 2021, I flew in from Winnipeg and connected in Calgary en route to San Francisco. I discovered that all passengers connecting flight to USA were forced to go through Security again. This held up some people for almost an hour. By the time I got to my gate, I heard announcement for flights to LAX, San Diego calling more than a dozen passengers that I knew were stuck in the "stupid" security line. I will never set my foot at Calgary airport, Alberta, Canada as long as I live. I am pretty sure that those passengers that missed their flights due to the incompetent staff and the horrible design of this Calgary airport.
Date VisitNovember 2021

"staff were really unfriendly and rude"

Trip Verified | Worst experience in my whole life, took more than 1 hour to finish security screening for a domestic flight and staff were really unfriendly and rude.
Date VisitNovember 2021

"International baggage claim has taken over 1.5 hours"

Not Verified | International baggage claim has taken over 1.5 hours my last three trips. Completely unacceptable for a city that wants to be an international destination. No taxi services at either of the far ends of the airport either (one end being international terminal). General cleanliness and staff friendliness was fine.

"Not a great experience"

Not Verified | Our plane broke down at gate 88, this area is in a security zone with barely any seating and only a convenience store for food. Big open space, nice and clean but no seats or amenities. Not a great experience.
Date VisitOctober 2021

"This airport is complete unorganized chaos"

Trip Verified | This airport is complete unorganized chaos. Flew in internationally to travel to another domestic airport. They had separate lines for people leaving to pick up baggage or if they had a connecting flight. Which didn't make a difference since they both made you go through baggage claim. Staff just want to herd you through instead of answer questions. No clear direction on where to go for connecting flights. Then I was randomly selected for a covid test, annoying but whatever. I'm pretty sure the people doing the swabs aren't medical or just have no idea what they're doing. They just swabbed the outside of my nares because apparently they don't know what nasopharyngeal means. So that swab is coming back negative regardless. Then because they made me leave security for that swab, I had to go back through on the other side of the airport where they complained I had water in my bottle. I just came from a flight and am trying to make my next one, no I didn't stop to empty it during that time. And a piece of paper in my laptop really befuddled them. Acted like it was the most dangerous thing they've ever seen.

"No social distancing"

Trip Verified | Worst airport ever. I rated a couple of years ago (pre covid) and some construction has occurred but no improvement. Poor layout, low quality restaurants but expensive. No social distancing. Seating limited and uncomfortable.
Date VisitOctober 2021

"seating at the gates is extremely limited"

Trip Verified | They have built the new extension to ensure people walk as far as possible with little alternative or accessibility solutions (they will tell you they do but they do not operate after 8pm). The seating at the gates is extremely limited. If your flight is at 50% capacity or more don’t expect to sit at the gate.
Date VisitSeptember 2021

"Why did they not have multiple chairs throughout the airport"

Not Verified | My boyfriend hurt himself during our trip and needed a wheelchair to walk 1.4 km to the other end of the airport because they changed our boarding location at the last minute. He was in agony by the time we got to the gate D92. If we would have waited for them to order a wheelchair from the back (because there were not any sitting there available to use) we would have missed our flight as they were boarding 5 min after we got to the gate. My 2 questions are: 1) Why did they not have multiple chairs throughout the airport because they do not have conveyer sidewalks? 2) Why did they not hold the flight until we got a chair brought out to take him to the other side since they changed the location to 1.4 km walk for an injured person. We ended up finding out he had 3 cracked ribs he was travelling home with.
Date VisitSeptember 2021