Calgary Airport

"never fly through here again"

Not Verified | This is one of the worst airport experiences I’ve ever had. Security lines are slow because they only have a limited number of lines open. No one loves with any sense of urgency at all. Airport info stations are not staffed, no one is able to help with rebookings. Signage is so so. I’ll never fly through here again.
Date VisitApril 2022

"Quickly becoming the worst airport in North America"

Not Verified | Upon arrival, flight was on time, but ground crews made us wait over an hour to disembark the plane. After this, it took an additional 2 hours, for staff to get baggage offloaded and sent down. Airport staff were nowhere to be found and with the usual WestJet “helpful” attitude all passengers were left to sit and wonder where their luggage was. Quickly becoming the worst airport in North America.
Date VisitApril 2022

"airport is a terrible reflection on the city of Calgary"

Not Verified | This airport is a terrible reflection on the city of Calgary. The airport authorities assume that most people are so illiterate that we cannot read signage so they simply don't supply any signage. We travel a lot and YYC has the worst signage in the modern world. Even goat farmers do a better job. D 72 to 75 in departures has so little seating we had to carefully work our way through all the people sitting on the floor. Unfortunately this is Westjet's hub so we have to endure our connections thru YYC. Good luck on navigating your way through here.
Date VisitApril 2022

"security line wait times being well over an hour"

Not Verified | The management of Calgary airport is an absolute embarrassment. The predictability of flight volumes is a basic function of airport management, yet this team repeatedly demonstrates a complete inability to do so, with all security line wait times being well over an hour. This is not periodic, but the norm. I’ve also observed how the staff socialize and saunter around with no concern for moving people along. Total disregard for the experience. Sure doesn’t make me very proud of my city.
Date VisitApril 2022

"Arrivals Terminal is an Embarrassment"

Trip Verified | As a Calgarian the International Arrivals Terminal is an Embarrassment. Tonight on a flight into Calgary from Houston, I along with about 150 passengers off of UA 2198 waited for 2 hours for our luggage. In the customs hall - 2 hours!!!! People with young children and babies waiting. With no explanation from baggage staff, airport security or customs. Finally I asked a security guard if he could help. Checked with operations and the response was the baggage handlers were basically working to rule to extend their hours worked. Are you kidding me? This is not the first time I have experienced this. Plus the fact we had to walk a kilometre to get a taxi as there were none at the International Terminal. Did anyone put into any thought how one gets to the rental car area from the international terminal. The whole place is Form over Function. Houston Texas puts through 40 million passengers a year. Calgary 5 million. I am embarrassed. There were a lot of tourists on this flight. Even Puerto Vallarta makes Calgary look like a joke.
Date VisitApril 2022

"constructed without care for passengers"

Trip Verified | YYC's International wing (Terminal 2) newly opened to great fanfare in late 2016. Unfortunately it was constructed without care for passengers. It was built to facilitate commerce at the airport which clusters customer waiting areas in front of businesses NOT your airline's gate. Further, this new wing is at the furthest distance possible (and still be indoors) from Baggage carousels, Rental car rental/returns, onsite COVID testing companies. It is a 2.4 kilometer walk to get your bags after arriving at T2. No assistance whatsoever for mobility-challenged passengers. There is a single 250-foot-long moving sidewalk on the walk to your luggage or car rental. YYC also promotes a service that does not exist: the 'CTS' shuttle bus system to help with the T2 journey to your luggage or to your departure gate. Not operating for our WestJet arrival from SFO on 28 Feb and again, not running today, 10 Mar, for our departure to SFO. As a Calgary resident, I am surprised and very disappointed that my city has build an airport not for it's passengers but for the profitability of the businesses there. So sad this airport is how we showcase and inconvenience passenger arrivals and departures to/from our great city.
Date VisitMarch 2022

"great passion for not only passenger safety"

Trip Verified | I just witnessed a ramp crew member remove ice off the left prop with great purpose, precision and passion. Then head straight to C-GGMU for further inspection, after previous ice removal. This man has a great passion for not only passenger safety but his tasks given. Wish I could give this man a high five. May your employment be great and you endeavours greater.
Date VisitFebruary 2022

"This airport is a total joke"

Not Verified | This airport is a total joke. I will never connect to a US flight through this airport. After landing from a domestic flight, you have to leave security and be re-screened. The security personnel and process is equally laughable. I left Vancouver and unsurprisingly, had my bike multi tool checked. In Calgary, they ran my water bottle back through because there was a teaspoon of water in it. They also ran my shoes through again, so there I was with my bags (including bike tool that was left unchecked) standing there waiting for my shoes. The bin conveyor system spits your bins out totally randomly, mixed with other bins, leaving you to sort through your bins amongst the other confused travellers. It is a clean facility but I appreciate clear process and efficiency as a traveller, I will avoid this joke of an airport at all costs. If you are considering, save yourself some time and fly through an airport that has itself together.
Date VisitFebruary 2022

"Ground crew are terrible"

Not Verified | Airport structure is fine. Ground crew are terrible causing hours long delays. Not sure what the issue is but only fly here if you have to. I fly between Vancouver and Calgary once a month and the flights are always delayed. The WestJet pilots always blame labour problems with the sub contracted ground crew.
Date VisitJanuary 2022

"This place is an absolute joke"

Trip Verified | I fly in and out of here every week and between the ground crew and WestJet I have spent over 15 hrs waiting at this airport over and above the time of getting to the airport 1.5 hrs early. This place is an absolute joke. If this is the best Calgary can do redirect all the flights to an airport that has the services required to run an airport. So very frustrating. Whoever the manager is of this airport they should be fired and bring in someone that knows what their doing. Can’t believe people keep their jobs when they are so incompetent.
Date VisitJanuary 2022