Brussels Charleroi Airport

"Terminal 2 dirty"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Terminal 2 dirty, toilets worse than in a refugee camp but with a 5 stars pricing bar, no news-stand (local or international newspapers or magazines = travellers are supposed to be analphabets but in need of perfumes and spirits at the local poor duty free). This site should be a main entrance to Belgium. Belgians should be aware of the public image offered = disgusting.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"there is no basic management"

(Portugal)

Not Verified | Checking-in, one does not need to be the best Logostical Engineer to figure out that the best - and fairest - system to manage people (that’s what travelers are). Provide them with a first in, first out system. In Charleroi they use the “Belgian” system. The smartest - or non educated - wins. And this works because there is no basic management. By Basic I mean (suggest) a single line for all to check in. With this, they avoid counters opening 30 minutes later and accepting people (smarts) that just arrived. Just because is low cost airport does not need to be low brain usage as well.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"not worth naming it an airport"

(Hungary)

Not Verified | Best review of this 'airport': it is a place where cattle handlers would not send their animals. Really ridiculous, not worth naming it an airport. Our garage is larger and more comfy. Of the items below, we coud not give less than 1 star appreciation. Like: terminal seating. 1 post stamp sized terminal with less seats than an average bus? Come on! 3 flights are waiting for boarding, that's like 450 people who have to deal with a 100'ish seats? Food & beverages? 1 place in check-in area: closed! Another place in terminal 2: hard to call it horeca. Bar and some digusting snacks. Shopping: clearly the only thing that counts: jerking as much money out of the travellers instead of giving at least some comfort. Just demolish the thing and start all over again! Or quit and let BRU take over (which is a real airport). 1/10 is much more than they deserve, but is because the check-in staff was really enjoyable!
Date VisitDecember 2018

"What a rip off"

(Belgium)

Not Verified | Astounding! Doing a 5 min drop off of my father in law for his flight and no kiss and ride option. Forced to pay 2E for 5 mins parking. What a rip off!!
Date VisitOctober 2018

"one of the worst"

Not Verified | Honestly one of the worst and most unorganised airports I’ve ever been in. Everything is organised so poorly and nothing is in order. You are walking in circles looking for your gate and other amenities. Every shop and bar in the airport is over priced and just not customer friendly. Flight organisation is always cancelled and delayed and staff are very unhelpful. The airport is also very much away from everything but that isn’t really a fault in the system that’s just more of a location need. Would suggest flying into Brussels central airport, much better standard of quality.
Date VisitMay 2018

"had an extremely distressing experience"

Not Verified | I had an extremely distressing experience at this airport yesterday. When I arrived at the airport the terminal was full with people (approx 1000), who seemed to be queuing to get into the gates. I have a mobility impairment which makes standing for long periods gradually more painful. Upon realising queuing would increase my pain, I immediately spoke to a security guard who pointed at the information desk. Once at the information desk, because I had not booked special assistance no one would help me, they told me to speak with security to try and get through the crowd. I went back to security who said they did not understand me and pointed to information. I asked if there was anyone who could help me and was told no, not let me see, just no. So I went to seek special assistance, and found no one at the checkpoint to help. I managed to get into the queue part way down and struggle the rest of the way to security checkpoints. I was obviously having difficulty and several staff clearly saw me and ignored me. They watched me struggle through security, through departure and around the winding queue lines and offered no assistance whatsoever. In the UK both for arrival and departure at Edinburgh staff were extremely helpful and assisted me when I needed it. I was appalled by the lack of compassion and customer service portrayed by your staff. I hope I never have to use this airport again.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"the most horrible experience"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Biggest scandal ever! Never, ever again, from Charleroi. I prefer to pay more, get a non-direct flight or whatever. Everything to avoid a departure from Charleroi Airport. The people that work in this airport are rude, and it was the most horrible experience.
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"poorly organized security"

(Latvia)

Not Verified | I was at the airport for less than 3 hours but still managed to get annoyed. Firstly, many of the employees continued to speak French to me even though I did let them know that I didn’t speak the language. Secondly, poorly organized security as it took half an hour to get through it even though few people were in the queue. Thirdly, too expensive water and food. Why would a small sandwich cost €6.50?
Date VisitDecember 2017

"Baggage trolleys are no longer provided"

Baggage trolleys are no longer provided at Charleroi. This airport is fine for hand-baggage, or at best, one cabin bag and one checked bag. But if you have more, it is impossible to transport through the terminal, and especially to the car park.
Date VisitDecember 2016

"airport is run down"

I have traveled through Charleroi Airport many times and I am disappointed at the prices that are charged for a bottle of water. I never buy a sandwich from there as it is overpriced as is the water. The airport is run down and cleanliness in the toilets could be better, and there is not enough seating. Where are the EU guidelines for prices at airports? Water!!
Date VisitOctober 2016