Brussels Charleroi Airport

"What a rip off"

(Belgium)

Not Verified | Astounding! Doing a 5 min drop off of my father in law for his flight and no kiss and ride option. Forced to pay 2E for 5 mins parking. What a rip off!!
Date VisitOctober 2018

"one of the worst"

Not Verified | Honestly one of the worst and most unorganised airports I’ve ever been in. Everything is organised so poorly and nothing is in order. You are walking in circles looking for your gate and other amenities. Every shop and bar in the airport is over priced and just not customer friendly. Flight organisation is always cancelled and delayed and staff are very unhelpful. The airport is also very much away from everything but that isn’t really a fault in the system that’s just more of a location need. Would suggest flying into Brussels central airport, much better standard of quality.
Date VisitMay 2018

"had an extremely distressing experience"

Not Verified | I had an extremely distressing experience at this airport yesterday. When I arrived at the airport the terminal was full with people (approx 1000), who seemed to be queuing to get into the gates. I have a mobility impairment which makes standing for long periods gradually more painful. Upon realising queuing would increase my pain, I immediately spoke to a security guard who pointed at the information desk. Once at the information desk, because I had not booked special assistance no one would help me, they told me to speak with security to try and get through the crowd. I went back to security who said they did not understand me and pointed to information. I asked if there was anyone who could help me and was told no, not let me see, just no. So I went to seek special assistance, and found no one at the checkpoint to help. I managed to get into the queue part way down and struggle the rest of the way to security checkpoints. I was obviously having difficulty and several staff clearly saw me and ignored me. They watched me struggle through security, through departure and around the winding queue lines and offered no assistance whatsoever. In the UK both for arrival and departure at Edinburgh staff were extremely helpful and assisted me when I needed it. I was appalled by the lack of compassion and customer service portrayed by your staff. I hope I never have to use this airport again.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"the most horrible experience"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Biggest scandal ever! Never, ever again, from Charleroi. I prefer to pay more, get a non-direct flight or whatever. Everything to avoid a departure from Charleroi Airport. The people that work in this airport are rude, and it was the most horrible experience.
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"poorly organized security"

(Latvia)

Not Verified | I was at the airport for less than 3 hours but still managed to get annoyed. Firstly, many of the employees continued to speak French to me even though I did let them know that I didn’t speak the language. Secondly, poorly organized security as it took half an hour to get through it even though few people were in the queue. Thirdly, too expensive water and food. Why would a small sandwich cost €6.50?
Date VisitDecember 2017

"Baggage trolleys are no longer provided"

Baggage trolleys are no longer provided at Charleroi. This airport is fine for hand-baggage, or at best, one cabin bag and one checked bag. But if you have more, it is impossible to transport through the terminal, and especially to the car park.
Date VisitDecember 2016

"airport is run down"

I have traveled through Charleroi Airport many times and I am disappointed at the prices that are charged for a bottle of water. I never buy a sandwich from there as it is overpriced as is the water. The airport is run down and cleanliness in the toilets could be better, and there is not enough seating. Where are the EU guidelines for prices at airports? Water!!
Date VisitOctober 2016

"airport not ready for so many people"

Avoid Brussels Charleroi if possible. I arrived a couple of hours prior to my flight. No seats available and so many people that I could hardly walk around. Managed to get some fast food (fried cutlet with chips) and a bottle of water for 22 euros. The airport is not ready for so many people on the flights at the same time. I'm very disappointed with the experience and will be avoiding this airport next time.
Date VisitJune 2016

"experience was terrible"

(Belgium)

Because of the current situation at Zaventem, Brussels Charleroi needs to deal with more incoming flights and what do they do to deal with the increase of passengers - nothing. Hundreds of passengers arrived in the evening and we had to wait for 1.5 hours in order to get to car park 3. There was only 1 shutlle bus for hundreds of people with their luggage. After 1.5 hours we went on foot to the parking which took us about 35 minutes in the dark, between cars and buses - I have no words for this kind of nightmare. Dozen of people were complaining to the local police and bus drivers and things were getting out of control. The only thing the bus drivers could say was "it is not our fault". I will never fly via Charleroi again, this experience was too terrible.
Date VisitMay 2016

"overcrowded and dirty airport"

(South Africa)

Small, overcrowded and dirty airport. Flight to Istanbul (SAW) delayed for two hours so had to wait in a packed small area, passengers sitting or laying on the floor, standing up and some lucky ones sitting. Toilets dirty. One small shop close to gates 20 to 23. Overpriced and understaffed. Floors dirty with empty sandwich bags or bread, tables full of empty coffee and/or beer cups. Lack of efficient information. Never again.
Date VisitApril 2016