Bristol Airport

Bristol Airport customer review

Used the airport early on a Saturday morning. The £2 charge for a trolley is excessive but we had no choice as we were travelling with our 10 month old son. Check in for Easyjet flights was efficient and the queue at security could have been a lot worse. Departure lounge very cramped with the number of shops / restaurants they have crammed in which means there was limited seating. On the return we were parked at the far end of the new concourse and saw a sign that it was "just" 390m to the Baggage Carousel. What they fail to tell you is that you go up one flight of steps and down two before you reach Immigration which was a nightmare with our hand luggage and having to carry our son. By the time we reached Immigration I felt as though my arms were going to fall off. I thought it was going to be so much nicer but was slightly disappointed.

Bristol Airport customer review

Most of the previous reviewers have said it all already. The architect of the recent expansion only seems to know about Shopping Malls and very little about handling passengers. The departure hall now has some seating but the whole area is inadequate for handling the scrums associated with budget airline seating arrangements. Arrivals are a nightmare; a sign at the point disembarking passengers enter the maze say that it is 390m to the luggage hall. As a previous reviewer has pointed out there are no safety notices or indications of emergency exits. The 390m does not include the additional 100m or so provided by the UK Border agency as a queuing maze. Some of the UK Border agency officials are sufficiently sadistic to take pleasure watching elderly passengers some with walking difficulties struggling through the maze in an almost empty queuing hall. One slight improvement because of the long walk and the poor behaviour of the UK Border agency there was almost no wait for one's luggage in the luggage hall.

Bristol Airport customer review

It's getting worse! Now we have to pay £2 for a luggage trolley wait nearly an hour for luggage and have no where to sit when the planes are delayed. It used to be much nicer but has expanded from good through mediocre to poor. The electronic passport machines actually take LONGER than the other queue - my wife was quicker by about 3 mins! - and require staff to help everyone who uses the machines. Not the end to a nice holiday you expect. Don't get me started about the buses back home.

Bristol Airport customer review

Two recent flights from Bristol and we are not impressed the 10 minute drop off area is a nightmare I dropped my wife and then was stuck in a traffic jam for 25 minutes. I booked Premier Parking but dropped my wife off first because I have a back problem the path from Premier Parking is all uphill not only that I couldn't find a place to park when I got in there ( And yes I did prepay) I drove around until a space was vacated. We have booked a Christmas trip through Bristol but it will be the last. We would rather use Gatwick even though its a 2.5 hour trip as opposed to 1 hour. The actual airport is poorly laid out with a lack of seating.

Bristol Airport customer review

The routes to and from the Airport are awful bewildering and more than a little poorly signed. The on-airport car parks are extortionate considering that we're talking about a place that would otherwise be a field in the middle of nowhere. They are also little more than rubble : poor to drive on and even poorer to walk on for those with mobility problems. The route from the car parks to the main airport building is steep - again problematic for those with impaired mobility. Very limited seating inside the airport. The need to spend £1 just to get a clear plastic bag adds insult to injury. The airport needs drastic improvement.

Bristol Airport customer review

I transferred my allegiances to LHR some time ago and frequently revisit these pages to see if things have improved. It doesn't appear so. I did use BRS for a flight via AMS last month a mid morning flight and there were no queues and security was a breeze. Returning on the late flight brought the usual delays on baggage and passport control. I will score it on this experience. The scheduled flights from BRS are quite a bit more expensive than you can get at LHR these days and if using terminal 5 the logistics there are now working very well. With checked in baggage I can be at Paddington within 40 mins of the plane arriving at the gate.

Bristol Airport customer review

The airport has to some extent scored an own goal by replacing too much public seating in the departure areas with additional retail and refreshment outlets. Bristol has no control over the way the Border Agency operates whose main priority is not ensuring a pleasant passenger experience through the airport that's not to say they deliberately try to make it unpleasant. The airport provides sufficient stations for the Border Agency staff but often they are not fully manned. I've used the airport for many years and broadly it provides a decent service but the main thing is there are plenty of routes which means I can avoid Heathrow for the most part.

(Czech Republic)

This year it seemed that all the money invested has made the airport worse. Car parking fees are a rip off now 10 only minutes free difficult to get the luggage and the kids to the car and out of the car park in that time. The queues for passport control which have always been terrible are now almost unbearable (this was around midnight as well) people queuing up the steps to the outside doors with a nightmarish post office queuing system. We were very lucky as my wife was carrying our sleeping 4 year old and a very nice female officer let us jump the complete queue from the bottom of the stairs to the front of the queue wonderful lady must have saved us at least 30 minutes. Returning I was surprised to find that half the seats had gone from the departure lounge and when we were called to our flight we had to walk for what seemed like miles through a seemingly endless maze of corridors and stairs a problem if you have a walking disability. So Bristol get it sorted more seating in departures and some at the gates for disabled/ children but most of all speed up and sort out this awful queuing system at passport control. On the plus side I find the staff quite friendly and helpful.

Bristol Airport customer review

Parking was simple and we could easily pull our suitcases to Departures. Check-in staff polite sailed through security - staff a bit sullen. In the Departure lounge a little less seating downstairs but there is seating upstairs in the food court and nobody was told off for sitting without purchasing food or drink. Duty free well laid out and the staff were breezy. On our return border control was slow and a little sullen collected bags and back at the car within an hour.

Bristol Airport customer review

Had connecting flights through Bristol in July the first time we have used the airport. We travelled with hand luggage only so can't pass comment on the checking in process. I agree with previous comments about security staff - unpleasant rude and surly there really is no need for this kind of attitude towards passengers. The departures lounge is badly designed with gate queues snaking through the seating areas causing a lot of confusion. We used the servisair lounge which was quiet but could see there is a major problem with a lack of seating in the general areas. It's a shame really because the airport itself is bright airy and quite attractive.