Bristol Airport

"Outrageous, greedy, they need sorting out"

Trip Verified | Greedy managers, £36 milion made from the drop-off and pick-up 2018, now they have increased the price, three-fold. Greedy, pathetic and they need to be brought down a peg. New camera car - environmentally unfriendly, driving round and round and round, spewing out emissions. Just to give you a £100 fine if they spot you not using their drop off area. Outrageous, greedy, they need sorting out.

"What a total rip off"

Not Verified | Delivering two friends to the Airport by car, we headed to the Drop and Go area. On previous occasions we have paid £1 for the privilege for a 10 minute slot. Today 9th November the charge has escalated to £3 for 10 minutes and £5 for 20 minutes. What a total rip off and unapologetic profiteering by the Airport. How can this be justified? I am totally disgusted by this blatant use of its monopoly position in parking, dropping off / Collection facilities. This must be a licence to print money and a clear attempt to “milk the passenger” pre and post flight.

"pretty much abysmal"

Trip Verified | airport is pretty much abysmal in every aspect. Let's begin after check-in. Fast track, the airport that has a separate person to check your ticket, before the machine, because their software doesn’t work. The only airport where the toilets ask you after your use to press a button rating their cleanliness and thus encouraging the spread of bacteria. The only airport where you are “taxed” by am inept airport management, for dropping off or collecting a passenger. Now raised to £3. This is not a charge. Be under no illusion, this is a tax. For weekly travellers, £6 per week, equates to over £200 per year. To change the topic slightly, Swissport has a ludicrous track record of total, colossal, monumental, mishandling of passengers luggage. Utterly beyond belief. On a plus note, the police, have no jurisdiction regarding parking, or dropping off passengers, as this is private land, hence the double red lines, so, I fully intend to pester, harass and flout their drop off regulations at every turn. The management needs serious work and moral ethics review.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"my boarding pass was missing"

Not Verified | At the security checkpoint I did as requested and placed my bags in the tray and then contents of my pockets which included my passport and boarding card. The young lady who was dealing with trays after x-ray looked very bored and took both of my trays and put them back through the scanner again without any explanation. When I finally got my tray my passport was there but my boarding pass was missing, she did not apologise but got her supervisor over who could not find it either! Once again no apology. I then went to the information desk to seek advice and was told I did not need a boarding pass for a TUI flight. However when boarding the plane I did need a boarding pass! Fortunately I found a copy on my phone. On arrival in Marrakech I once again needed my boarding pass at immigration. Clearly Bristol airport staff need some training in security procedures and customer service. There are some serious quality assurance issues here!
Date VisitOctober 2019

"security does seem to be improving"

Trip Verified | Upon departure to Olbia on 3rd October the security system at Bristol was, to my amazement, quiet and courteous. In view of previous experiences we had responded to the blackmail of buying fast boarding which turned out not to be necessary. We boarded at one of the nearer gates and so were spared one of the horrible long walks. Our flight was delayed due to crew sickness and it was impossible to find out what was going on as th pa system was unintelligible. Word must have got back to the Easyjet captain as he got off the waiting aircraft and told the passengers, in his own voice, what was happening. Impressive. Upon our return on 8th October, we were faced with the usual long walk to Immigration with the upstairs and downstairs marches. I would take a lot of convincing that this arduous exercise is necessary. I would also take a lot of convincing that escalators/travelators could not be installed. The excuse that the airport couldn't get planning permission for them is one I do not believe. It is, more likely, an expression of the airport's owners policy of "sweating the asset". Immigration was a bit of a mess but I imagine the airport would say this is not within its control. We did not have baggage to collect and so cannot comment on this frequently criticised aspect. Because of the walking distance I am giving this airport, once again, a low score but security does seem to be improving - unless we were just lucky.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"an appallingly organised airport"

Not Verified | This is an appallingly organised airport. Staff don't seem to care about customer service at all. Waiting to get through security was shambolic although some desks had no customers at them we were forced to queue at other desks for ages. The food and drink areas were not cleaned, I would not expect this standard in the UK.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"the most inefficient Airport"

Trip Verified | Bag check in approx 1 hour. Whilst queuing to check bags in I noticed the staff being unhelpful to the elderly who had no idea of how to operate self check in machines. Security are rude, unhelpful and just pedantic. My daughter put her 2 year old sons hand case through and wrongly forgot to remover her ipad from the front pocket of the case. So they pulled the case for checking (this I agree with) however when my daughter removed the ipad rather than scanning the ipad and then rescanning the case the officer thought it nessacary to remove all the child's clothes and empty the whole case in to a tray and scan everything individually. Then dumped it back in front of her and said ok now you can repack it knowing she was trying to contend with her two year old son at the same time who's buggy was still waiting to be scanned. This kind of behaviour is why it takes over an hour to get through security. Please bear in mind we had already queued for security for 45 minutes! As a frequent flyer around the UK over the years Bristol Airport is the most inefficient Airport in the country and the most expensive to park let alone the drop off & collection fees. I have traveled from Bristol (home) to Gatwick and got to my departure gate in under 3 hours and I took us 2 1/2 hours through Bristol. However flying from Gatwick is far cheaper on flights. So Bristol Airport is far from an easier cost effective option. My advise shop about and don't go for the closer option. Enjoy cheaper flights and more time at far nicer cheaper Airports.

"A shocking airport"

Trip Verified | Where do I start? I travelled with my disabled brother Bristol-Porto. Our experience in Bristol was really quite shocking, we were rushed and harassed to hurry up at customs security (not easy when you are having to organise yourself as well as a disabled person) his stick was taken from him to go through the scanner and then he was made to walk through without out it and then it wasn't returned to him for quite some time (in Porto they took it scanned it and gave it straight back to him immediately, he was not made to walk a single step without it, they way it should be). On the way back, once we had flown back to Bristol, I then travelled on to Glasgow having escorted my brother home, my experience this time sadly was much worse, the woman at customs was rushing everyone, shouting at passengers, I had put all my belongings in the tray, removed my liquids, devices etc, I knew the procedure well by this point and she was still shouting at me to hurry along, I simply asked her to calm down and she subjected me to a tirade of abuse and freatened to have me removed from my flight! I was able to smile politely and remained calm thanking my lucky stars that my disabled brother was no longer with me as I would have been more angry and defensive at seeing him being treated in this way. A shocking airport and I will avoid Bristol all together in the future.

"Absolute chaos"

Trip Verified | Flew from Bristol to Paphos last Thursday 6 September, returned yesterday early evening. Absolute chaos at the airport on both journeys. Queued for ages at check in on way out which left no time for food or drink, airport was very overcrowded and chaotic. On the return journey yesterday evening our flight made really good time and was expected to land 15 mins early at around 5pm. Turned out that the airport weren’t ready for us which meant we spent 15 mins circling round, we landed on time at 5.15pm. Alighting the plane and going through passport control was quick enough but the wait for our checked in luggage was an absolute joke. Our luggage didn’t arrive until 6.20pm, an hour after the plane was in its parking gate. When trying to exit the airport, there was a security issue which caused the exit doors to shut for 5 minutes, this meant we missed our car park shuttle bus and had to wait, amidst the chaos, another 15 mins for the next one. We finally left the airport drop off/pick up area at 6.40pm. In all, a very frustrating experience, very chaotic and stressful. Please Bristol Airport get your house in order and get more resources on the baggage handling and check in side of things.

"Nightmare with kids"

Not Verified | Swissport are appaling. Poor attitudes of staff especially the supervisor on 29th at 11.30 am. All automative checkins out of service. 2 people to check in 2 Ryanair flights and they were painfully slow. Staff standing around talking. Swissport staff need training in complaint handling and they need to appoint new supervisors with empathy, the right attitude and right skills. Nightmare with kids.
Date VisitAugust 2019