Bristol Airport

"Avoid if you have a choice"

Not Verified | I would repeat the concerns outlined in then previous reviews. I will always choose to use Heathrow or Gatwick even though Bristol is closer to our home. The overall customer experience is one that screams 'we don't really want you here'. We travelled on a quiet day, but they were still taking 20 minutes to get you through the security checks. Just as well we arrived a full two hours before our flight. Moreover the drop-off charge is 'daylight robbery' - £3 to simply stop and unload, and even then this is 100 yards away from the departure lounge. Avoid this airport if you have a choice.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"wasn't any where to sit"

(Vietnam)

Not Verified | My family all paid for Priority boarding, but there wasn't any where to sit for us, so we stood for 45 minutes before we could board, while regular passengers all sat.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"standard of customer care is appalling"

Trip Verified | Bristol airport depresses me in that I have to travel through it every other week. The cleanliness is poor and, in line with other reviewers, the standard of customer care is appalling - they simply don’t seem to recognise their customers as anything other than an impediment to what would otherwise be a perfectly easy and uneventful day job. We disembarked from our delayed flight from Amsterdam recently to have to wait a further 10 minutes for a member of the ground crew to amble up and then watch us cross the zebra crossing into the building. He couldn’t care less. The drop off charges which have just tripled are a disgrace and a clear licence to print money. The passport control scanners are only just fit for purpose, subject to frequent error and supported by a bunch of staff who seem utterly disinterested in the service provided to people entering the country. If I could fly from anywhere else I would but that would be even more impractical than using Bristol. Bristol airport for some reason don’t recognise easyJet Plus customer use of their Fast Track service which again reeks of profiteering by comparison to most other airports who support this useful and paid for benefit. I’ll stop here as this is becoming really depressing but at lest gives me a chance to get a few things off my chest.

"oppression and extortion"

Trip Verified | Since we last used this airport in October the charge for drop off/pick up has increased three times. How can there be any justification for a three hundred per cent increase overnight? Upon our departure, on 5th December we had to walk from the departure lounge to Gate 12, a ridiculously long walk by anybody's standards. Upon our return we had, with cabin baggage, to climb a long flight of stairs followed by a walk of 430 metres (there was a notice saying so) followed by another walk downstairs. The design, which forces people to walk upstairs and later downstairs, seems to be a deliberate attempt to give passengers a hard time. The long walk is made even worse by the introduction of uphill ramps on the way I am aware that all airports in the UK have to be licensed by the Civil Aviation Authority and question whether some of the practices at Bristol come within the scrutiny of the CAA. It seems clear that the owners and managers of this place see it as an instrument for oppression and extortion. I am curious that, despite there being an opportunity to do so, Bristol Airport never, ever replies to any of the severe criticisms of it made by passengers on this site. A case of keeping its head down and raking in the cash until someone finally takes action.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"Bristol is lagging behind others"

Not Verified | I travel through Bristol airport regularly for business and pleasure. Generally I think Bristol is lagging behind others, even though the terminal building is fairly new it is no where near the best airports i travel through. The choice of shopping is limited and food/drink not great as well as being very pricey (as are most airports). My biggest gripe is security, as I said I regularly fly for business and often with just hand luggage. I pay for Fast Track so as to avoid the holiday queues (particularly in the summer). You pay £3.95 (online) or £5.00 (from ticket machine) and it is usually really good. However on occasions it all goes wrong and I recently missed a flight as it took over 20 minutes to get through Fast Track and they closed the flight 30 mins before take-off. So not really the VIP service they market it as.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"Food in restaurants was expensive"

Not Verified | Following immigration the departure hall was overcrowded, the price of bottles of spirits was more expensive than local supermarkets and no litre bottles were on sale. Shops were promoting premier brands of spirits with little sight of the standard brands. Food in the restaurants was as expensive if not more than Heathrow and Gatwick prices, we suggest you eat prior to arriving at the airport or bring your own to consume in the departure hall if you can find a seat. The best part of Bristol Airport is the Silver Zone Parking which is an efficient service at reasonable rates.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"have now vowed that I will never go there again"

Not Verified | The business model for this airport is to reduce customer service to the lowest levels possible in order to make you pay to receive the levels of service you experience elsewhere. Minimum security checking lanes are open to drive you to pay £5 avoid the massive queues, you have to purchase clear bags and the fee for drop off parking is extortionate. Flights are consistently delayed or cancelled. Bristol airport is an hours drive for me, but I will drive for twice the journey time to use Heathrow or Birmingham. I risked it again today as the flights were convenient, and I have now vowed that I will never go there again.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"Outrageous, greedy, they need sorting out"

Trip Verified | Greedy managers, £36 milion made from the drop-off and pick-up 2018, now they have increased the price, three-fold. Greedy, pathetic and they need to be brought down a peg. New camera car - environmentally unfriendly, driving round and round and round, spewing out emissions. Just to give you a £100 fine if they spot you not using their drop off area. Outrageous, greedy, they need sorting out.

"What a total rip off"

Not Verified | Delivering two friends to the Airport by car, we headed to the Drop and Go area. On previous occasions we have paid £1 for the privilege for a 10 minute slot. Today 9th November the charge has escalated to £3 for 10 minutes and £5 for 20 minutes. What a total rip off and unapologetic profiteering by the Airport. How can this be justified? I am totally disgusted by this blatant use of its monopoly position in parking, dropping off / Collection facilities. This must be a licence to print money and a clear attempt to “milk the passenger” pre and post flight.

"pretty much abysmal"

Trip Verified | airport is pretty much abysmal in every aspect. Let's begin after check-in. Fast track, the airport that has a separate person to check your ticket, before the machine, because their software doesn’t work. The only airport where the toilets ask you after your use to press a button rating their cleanliness and thus encouraging the spread of bacteria. The only airport where you are “taxed” by am inept airport management, for dropping off or collecting a passenger. Now raised to £3. This is not a charge. Be under no illusion, this is a tax. For weekly travellers, £6 per week, equates to over £200 per year. To change the topic slightly, Swissport has a ludicrous track record of total, colossal, monumental, mishandling of passengers luggage. Utterly beyond belief. On a plus note, the police, have no jurisdiction regarding parking, or dropping off passengers, as this is private land, hence the double red lines, so, I fully intend to pester, harass and flout their drop off regulations at every turn. The management needs serious work and moral ethics review.