Brisbane Airport

"the most unfriendly staff"

Not Verified | I have been to many international airports and this is the one with the most unfriendly staff from check-in counter through immigration. Security clearance is messy. Instead of guiding passengers, officers keep shouting for people to hurry up. There's a lack of signage and proper instructions at the auto-gate thus leading to confused passengers especially those with young children. Expect long queues at the toilet as it is under maintenance and the lack of nearby toilets between departure halls. Brisbane international airport has been a disappointment. You can do better than this.

"astonishingly rude staff"

Not Verified | The most astonishingly rude staff I have ever come across. Yelling at people and speaking aggressively. I am from Brisbane and feel ashamed that this is the calibre of staff that they employ at the security check in. Shame!

"pushy and rude staff"

Trip Verified | The most pushy and rude staff at the airport pick up zone. We haven't parked more than a minute tried to find our guests but staff already came to push us away. Just unbelievable. They are treating passengers and tourists like enemies! Brisbane Airport is the worst among all others in the world we have seen and we were on many places in the world. Just pathetic behavior.

"continual high volume"

Not Verified | This review is for the interest of business travellers. Brisbane International Terminal Airport pre boarding announcements, flight departure announcements, late passenger annoucements and general announcements via loudspeakers are constant, broadcast throughout the entire terminal (regardless of which gate is being referred to), broadcast at high volume, repetitive over an interval of a few minutes and with high pitched patronising and angry sounding announcers. These flight announcements create an environment very difficult to conduct business discussions between colleagues or customers - even via phone when at Brisbane Int'l airport. The intrusive nature and continual high volume of these anouncements has forced me to re-route my transit flights away from Brisbane Int'l Airport and I would encourage the serious business person to do likewise.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"distinct lack of directions"

Trip Verified | Arrived domestic, left international. Easy arrival, however I found a distinct lack of directions to baggage claim, I asked other passengers. Bags came fairly quickly. Then onto the airport hotel for the next days flight to Canada. Brisbane airport on youtube has instructions however if you do this, exit the terminal, see the big yellow structure to the left and follow the signs. There was a bus out the front too that takes you to international. An alternative is the train but they are only every 30 mins. Organised shuttle to international from hotel. International was fine. Had to self check in using a booth. It’s bright light and modern in that airport. It’s quite lovely how they made a “green space” inside using artificial grass with plenty of seating around. This must be the only Australian airport that has a smoking outside area airside. I hope that never changes.
Date VisitJune 2018

"had to drag my heavy bag up"

Trip Verified | Brisbane Domestic airport is my 'home' airport and it is normally fantastic. But, arrived home from Melbourne on Wednesday 20 June 2018 and the exit doors at the arrival hall were not working, had to walk to the doors at the departures area (not a long way, but still). Then the travelator up to the long-term carpark was not working, literally had to drag my heavy bag up. One of the two or three lifts was not working, went to the other lift and the lift button to 6 was completely missing. Didn't want to put my finger in the void in case I got electrocuted. Went to another lift and was finally was able to get to my car that was covered in dust from the renovations that are happening there. I am hoping this is a short-term issue. Please spend some of the exorbitant amount of money charged for airport car parking on maintenance.
Date VisitJune 2018

"staff at this airport are always friendly"

Trip Verified | The staff at this airport are always friendly and smiling. The staff at Customs are welcoming and it is so nice to come back to their smiles. They are friendly and polite and I noticed when speaking with passengers who do not have good English they are also very patient. After my very negative and unfriendly experience from staff at Bangkok Airport I felt compelled to compliment the amazing staff at Brisbane International Airport.
Date VisitMay 2018

"This is pathetic"

Not Verified | Time from passing through customs to pick up of baggage was over one hour. This is pathetic. We have traveled extensively around the world and would have to rate it as on of the worlds worst performances. Pity those pour people attending the commonwealth games.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"it is poorly signed"

Trip Verified | Brisbane International is OK for departures, the car drop off is quick, and so is check-in, however there is one very rude lady who works in security who yells at people for no good reason, I note there are other complaints about her, BAC obviously don't care. Arrivals is good for customs, but bio screening is poorly laid out, not well signed, and different every time I come through. You often find you have to go all the way around the other end of a carousel to get to the entrance, and I fly into this airport several times a year. It gets worse when you come out into the arrivals hall, if you are catching the train, going to the exorbitant carpark, or gettting the Skygate bus with luggage then you have to use the lift, for which there is about a 10min+ queue! There is actually a second lift, but it is poorly signed, so only the locals find it. There is no signage to tell you that the skygate bus is level 4 until you get outside and then have to backtrack again. If you are getting Uber or getting picked up prepare for a long uncovered walk outside. It's ridiculous that they changed this without making it covered first. The seating inside is ordinary. Also prepare for being delayed by air traffic especially if your flight gets in early. With the Comm games nearly here, there is no excuse for some many problems.
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"the officers just shrugged and laughed"

Trip Verified | Last week I flew with my daughter from Wellington NZ through to Zurich Switzerand via Brisbane Airport. We arrived ahead of time and had a good 1.5 hours to catch our next flight to Singapore. We followed the illuminated sign to international transit. We got to the end and were told by the many passengers walking back that it was closed. (We also walked past two airport staff who seemed to think it was hilarious we'd all walked the wrong way). We then joined the line of roughly 100 passengers waiting to go through transit security. There was only one security belt and progress was painfully slow, 50 minutes later we were still standing there, our plane was already boarding. The staff were laughing and joking and the one female officer in particular was downright rude, since when is it ok to treat everyone like a bunch of halfwits. We waited hopelessly as there was noone to help and the officers just shrugged and laughed. Fortunately we reached our flight minutes before it closed. While I understand the importance of security and am grateful for the job these officers do, the situation on Friday was totally unacceptable. Perhaps one belt working was unusual and I get that officers were under pressure however I would still have expected them to be professional and take the situation seriously. Surely there must be procedures for this kind of situation? For a start they could have communicated the problem to those airlines concerned and called for passengers with a short turnaround to come forward. Shockingly bad service and needless to say I won't be transiting in Brisbane again.
Date VisitFebruary 2018