Boston Logan Airport

"mostly quite rude and non motivated"

Trip Verified | Boston Airport surprised me by two things: I needed just 15 minutes to get through customs and immigration when I arrived and I did find decent shopping facilities at departure. The airport is close to downtown, just cross the tunnel and you're there. Facilities are in general pretty old-style and looks in a way used-up. Security checks are as expected in the US, very disorganized and staff that are mostly quite rude and non motivated. I don't know why they behave like this.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"Easy airport to travel through"

Not Verified | Easy airport to travel through. Long lines at security but it was Thanksgiving weekend. Even though long the line moved quickly. Easy airport to navigate. Arrived early due to holiday. Not many shops or food outlets. Lots of charging areas.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"crackling PA system"

Trip Verified | The departure zone at Boston’s Logan Airport is Air Canada’s penultimate attempt to break their customers. It is the air transport equivalent of a Greyhound bus stop at a last stop gas station. If you have ever watched “The Good Place”, you will know what I mean when I say I think this is “The Bad Place”. Everything from the flickering fluorescent lights and the crackling PA system, to the malfunctioning paper towel dispenser is designed to push people over the edge. On a positive note. The AC staff are stoically managing our hell without lashing-out at us.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"lacked empathy or understanding"

Trip Verified | I have just returned from Florida with my family including a 4 month and a 22 month granddaughters. There was a Noreaster in the area with gusty winds and torrential rain. Because the central garage was full on Wednesday October 24 the security directed us to the economy garage. I asked my wife and daughter to stay with our granddaughters and the luggage inside till my son in law and I went to get the cars from the economy lot. As I returned to Delta at terminal A the man and women (in yellow jackets) outside would not let me run for 10 seconds to get my family with the 4 month and 22 month during a Noreaster. When I asked them where can I park the only thing they kept yelling was keep moving. I asked each one of them at least twice and got the same answer, not my problem, keep moving. They certainly were extremely rude, obnoxious and lacked empathy or understanding. A very bad representation of an otherwise fine airport. If those 2 people worked for me I would fire them on the spot.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"obnoxious and lacked empathy"

Trip Verified | I have just returned from Florida with my family including a 4 month and a 22 month granddaughters. There was a Noreaster in the area with gusty winds and torrential rain. Because the central garage was full on Wednesday October 24 the security directed us to the economy garage. I asked my wife and daughter to stay with our granddaughters and the luggage inside till my son in law and I went to get the cars from the economy lot. As I returned to Delta at terminal A staff (in yellow jackets) outside would not let me run for 10 seconds to get my family with the 4 month and 22 month during a Noreaster. When I asked them where can I park the only thing they kept yelling is keep moving. I asked each one of them at least twice and got the same answer, not my problem, keep moving. They certainly were extremely rude, obnoxious and lacked empathy or understanding. A very bad representation of an otherwise fine airport. If those 2 people worked for me I would fire them on the spot.

"so frequently impressed"

Trip Verified | I am so frequently impressed when traveling in/out/through Boston Logan. I use PreCheck for security and got through, and I am not exaggerating, in three minutes. The standard lane was not too much longer. Restaurant options are plentiful and not heinously priced, by USA airport standards. My most recent flight departed from terminal C with JetBlue. Gate area was impeccably clean, with an almost excessive number of outlets and cozy leather booths, as well as modern tables and chairs throughout the gate area. If you are arriving to Logan, make sure to use the silver line (SL1) to get to town. It can be crowded but it is free right to South Station in the center of town (about 20 minute ride). On your way back to the airport, it costs the standard one ride cost of $2.25.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"What a poorly run airport"

Trip Verified | What a poorly run airport! We were flying with a TSA precheck but it took unnessecarily long because they combined the TSA precheck and regular lines for about the first 10-15 minutes of waiting. What's the point of precheck? Then I had to go through secondary screening with an X-ay and pat down. I understand the need for security and I've had to have that before but this was different. The woman performing it was very inappropriate and invasive.

"was so impressed"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | 100% turn-around at Boston Logan. I have been complaining about the international terminal for arrivals and departures for years, but was astounded by the change during my August 2018 visit. First, the nightmare of international arrivals has been completely alleviated for US and Canadians by use of the free Mobilepass phone app. I was out of the terminal (including picking up 2 checked bags) before my flight was even scheduled to arrive from Switzerland. It was amazing. Granted, few people were using the app and most were in the long line, but even those in the line were through quickly. Moreover, one no longer has to stand in that awful old hallway as in years past. The passport areas is expanded, brightly lit, and the line is organized and swift. And the wifi works in the arrival area. Second, the departure lounges have been completely redone. There are new marble bathrooms with fresh flowers, plugs at every seat, counter seats to do work and more food options. I was so impressed, I even took photos. Finally Boston has an international airport worthy of the great city Boston is.

"treated like cattle"

Not Verified | U.S. Customs in Boston is unhealthy place, treated like cattle going to their slaughter, very dirty, unorganized, just large fans no AC, understaffed, electronics used for processing kept coming up with errors. Shame on both Boston and U.S. Customs.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"have only had negative experiences"

Trip Verified | Any time I arrive I either wait in a huge line to boarder control or waiting for luggage. For example today 8/16, 1 hour wait and luggage still didn’t arrive. For about the last year I have only had negative experiences with this airport.