Bordeaux Airport

"long wait times at passport control"

Not Verified | Worst airport I’ve ever been too. No facilities. Long long wait times at passport control because their were no officials available. When they finally show up flights which are closing are called forward. The place also smells throughout.
Date VisitJune 2019

"was not pleasant at all"

Trip Verified | Why would they put in their website for departures to Canada (we were flying to Paris and then to Vancouver), to be at the airport 4 hours before flight? We were there 3 hours before and the airline counter opened 2 hours before flight. I was on 6am transit flight to Paris, so it was not pleasant at all.
Date VisitJune 2019

"Dirty and outdated"

Not Verified | Returning to Gatwick today via BA. This is the worst airport I have ever been through. Dirty and outdated but understand new one due to be built. Flying business class. Wasn't allowed to go through 'fast track' to security even though disabled. Had to zig zag round the barriers which is difficult with Meniere's disease. Had to queue over an hour at check in as not able to access boarding passes on 'phone. Do fully understand added security measures but not a good experience. Then told to push all our cases and trays through ourselves onto the rolling belt. Got full body frisk for security which I didn't mind but a bit intrusive at 67 years old by a young girl! Paid to use the lounge but it was only accessible by lift which I cannot use because of vertigo. Ended up in a small, overcrowded cafe. Toilets were downstairs and very dirty. Not a nice end to 4 lovely days in Bordeaux. Will definitely never fly here again. Avoid at all costs.
Date VisitMay 2019

"This airport is horrible"

Trip Verified | This airport is horrible. Everything is so cramped. Security went through quickly but from then on everything is shortages - of space, of staff, of information, of facilities. Really really bad service. Our flight was assigned a gate but no one was in customs to let us through to our gate and no one was there to explain why. Then our flight appeared on screen as delayed but no further information regarding times. There was nowhere to sit. We finally found a seat on a smelly corridor. No toilets were available at this level. A poorly displayed sign pointed towards toilets downstairs but the lift wasn’t working and no stairs could be found. Finally customs was operational and we got downstairs to a cramped waiting area which didn’t have sufficient seating. The queue for the toilets here unsurprisingly was long but guess what - 2 out of 3 of them were out of order. Come on Bordeaux airport - you can do better than this. This was a poor ending to a pleasant few days in your beautiful city.
Date VisitApril 2019

"easily the worst airport experience"

Not Verified | Abysmal customer service. Abysmal security. Endless delays, poor flight updates, cancelled flights, irate passengers and overwhelmed, incompetent staff makes for easily the worst airport experience I have endured. I will make sure I never use this airport again. This place is cheap and not cheerful. I would like to say the car hire was better but that too was dreadful.
Date VisitJune 2018

"in and out within 10 minutes"

Not Verified | It's a shed, yes. But cheap. It's small, yes. But you're in and out within 10 minutes. Apart from that, the usual airport stuff. Duty free shop with nothing you want to buy, expensive cafes and drinks. Security doing their job but not too friendly. All to be expected. Only thing was passengers personal information clearly on view on the screens. Quite interesting when you see who's on the no-fly list.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"A very good experience"

Trip Verified | A very good experience, simple check in (although we did need help due to lost electronic boarding pass for my wife) efficient security and a nice cup of coffee with a Madeleine plus a free copy of New York Times made it a very pleasant wait.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"aggressive and rude"

Not Verified | Having previous experience of Bordeaux airport that could be rated as fair but adequate, I was absolutely appalled to experience conditions at Billi terminal. Totally inadequate space for security check, in my opinion completely unfit for purpose. This tiny cramped area also accommodates queue for sandwich bar and those travellers who have to stand about (no seating) waiting to move to departures. No consideration given to basic facilities, notably seating for travellers. However my main complaint (and I feel so strongly about this that I am posting a review) is the aggressive and rude manner and attitude of the security personnel, male and female alike, most if not all are young people. I am an older lady and have found them on more than one occasion to be arrogant, ignorant and quite threatening. Not that its essential but a little respect for their elders wouldn't go amiss. I don't want to be barked or snapped at and from my experience they make little effort to make themselves understood. I have travelled via many French airports very satisfied and treated as a valued customer. I cant say the same for Bordeaux.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"porta cabin feel to it"

Trip Verified | This by far the worst airport I have ever been to. When we arrived it was late, so we just wanted to get out quickly, but as soon as we got into the building me and my husband were wondering if this was a temporary building. I thought it was temporary as it has that porta cabin feel to it. As were leaving we figured that there are two terminals – a regular one and a cheap one called Billi. As everything is poorly signed you wouldn’t know this unless you have been there before. The departures board just tells you Billi next to your flight and it’s completely up to you to figure out what that it is and where to find it. Signage is terrible – grey letters on grey background (what kind of genius came up with that?) Lifts are camouflaged with adverts and also difficult to find. While main terminal is completely empty and dead, all the action happens in Billi which is overcrowded to the point that we had to queue to get in to the building. The space is so tight that it was a struggle to find a space to stand. There is only one sandwich shop which was obviously making much more money than empty restaurants within main terminal. Toilets are also small filthy and smelly, and of course no toilet paper! The gate area was so small that there was not enough space for everyone to stand. Only 30 seats allocated to the gate. I wonder how this shed is allowed to operate?
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"do not care about passengers"

Not Verified | Truly the worst airport experiences in a long time - long delays through passport control in terminal including queuing outside to get in. On departure all urinals and 1 cubicle in men’s toilet out of order - only 1 toilet in departures, nowhere to sit - nowhere to eat your purchased food - and a queue so long to get thru passports control to get to gate - the airline staff came looking for passengers Will avoid this airport again - they do not care about passengers