Bogota Airport

Bogota Airport customer review

I used this airport flying Iberia to/from Madrid. The arrival service was fast efficient and pleasant - no queues baggage delivered quickly and the immigration officer even welcomed me to Colombia! Departure was another matter. At about 3pm when most of the flights to Europe are checking in the departure hall was so full it was almost impossible to move. When I checked in with Iberia they explained that I had already paid the airport tax on my ticket but I'd have to get an exemption stamp from the airport tax office. This meant another queue for at least 30 minutes; but if I was willing to pay the tax for a second time I could have done so immediately. This just seemed to be a way of extracting extra cash from people willing to pay not to stand in another long queue! Once I had finally checked in things improved and there was little queue at immigration or security. However shopping and catering options are limited and be warned that once through security there are hardly any shops or cafes.

Bogota Airport customer review

Eldorado international terminal too crowded in the morning and afternoon hours and the check-in area is too small to handle passenger numbers. Parking in front of the terminal: more than 100 meters away is a tragedy when you travel with lots of bags. You find security everywhere what is good but which reflects the dangerous situation of this beautiful country. In the second floor you get some good snack bars and coffee shops. Immigration officers unfriendly terrible and lots of hand baggage and personal security checks. Hard to breath at the gate area - too low ceiling. Its 1970s facilities need urgent updates.

Bogota Airport customer review

The airport is clean security everywhere but my experience leaving the country to get back the USA was terrible. I went through 4 baggage searches within yards of each other. While sitting waiting to board a worker comes up to me and no one else and demands to take my carry on baggage away because he claimed it would not fit in the overhead. I argued with him and did not let him take my baggage (everyone staring at this time). He finally backed off and left. Went to no one else questioned no one else attempted to take no one else's bag. He was an employee. I believe he was trying to take and steal my bag. In talking to others it may have been he was trying to do that. I loved the country but the airport experience was not pleasant!

Bogota Airport customer review

Eldorado Airport is conveniently located and immigration-customs procedures are as quick as they can be. Cabs are just steps away and you get a ticket stating the amount to pay to whatever final destination within the city you are going to. Cab drivers info is clearly visible when stepping in and you just sit and enjoy the ride through this magnificent city !

Bogota Airport customer review

Recently visited Bogota (via Miami on AA). This airport compares favorably to others I've been to in central and South America. The airport is conveniently located. Processing at all steps was efficient and friendly. I felt safe and secure. (AA does have a secondary security screening at the gate.) The airport does have an "old" feel but it is not run-down. I would warn that on the return to Miami I did feel that the flight got 'special attention' at immigration and customs. Miami (via Bogota) is where to expect the extra delays etc.

Bogota Airport customer review

Funny that all bad comments have been posted by Colombians. Nothing new as Colombians tend to be ashamed of the place where they have been born as soon as they live in a foreign country. Bogotá Airport is certainly not comparable to airports in Europe like Munich Frankfurt or Heathrow but certainly much better than CDG or Barajas. It's clean people are extremely friendly and the security measures are stronger than in some European airport.

Bogota Airport customer review

El Dorado Airport shows its age and there can be some long walking due to lack of walkways but it is relatively efficient. Before passing through passport controls you can enjoy good food and natural fruit juices at very reasonable prices. Security is usually fast and I always enjoy being questioned the friendly military (always mention your Colombian girl-friend!). Taxi's are cheap and very well organized providing good security in a country with such a bad reputation! But the great warning sign is the confusion between the terminals - you are better to be sure of which one you must go to because there is no indication and many exceptions to the common rule of the Avianca Puerto Aereo.

Bogota Airport customer review

Bogotá´s airport is having a revival. It's a nice airport to use friendly staff tight security controls. The buildings are very clean there are plenty of shops and fast food restaurants are cheap and very good (try Oma or El Corral). The transfer service offered by Avianca (Alianza Summa) to the domestic terminal (Puente Aéreo) is efficient and quick. Duty free is a bit expensive restrooms should be cleaner but in all it is very much above Latin American average and more user friendly that many other US airport.

Bogota Airport customer review

I have been used the Bogota airport around 8 times during the last two years and I thinks this is one of the best in America. It's clean clear safe and people is very friendly and courteous. The duty free shops are very good and fast food restaurants are cheap and well served. Taxi counter is organized and service is safe and cheap.

Bogota Airport customer review

A surprisingly good airport. Good shops and souvenirs a very efficient taxi stand and friendly and helpful Colombians.