Bogota Airport

"most inefficient transit "

Trip Verified | I had a two hour transit in Bogota Airport and it was the worst, most inefficient transit of my life. We waited at immigration for over an hour, with no one there to help us even though it was becoming clear we were going to miss our connection. The immigration staff were exceptionally rude and inefficient. After immigration we again had to queue at customs, and go through another security check. Needless to say we missed our connecting flight and had to wait another 3 hours for the next one. Rating would be a zero if I could.
Date VisitMay 2019

"the worst airport I visited"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | I think Bogota was the worst airport I visited on this trip to South America. Long lines at immigration, staff that barely spoke english and to top that off, finding out our luggage did not arrive due to weight constraints. Before we even arrived, only spanish immigration and customs forms were handed out. Being the only person who spoke spanish in the group, I had to complete everybody's forms. Immigration who had to call her supervisor to ask us a question, and for some reason, the customs officer was not able to read that I wrote "AV144" and kept asking me what my flight number was. The terminal is also incredibly large and there is no easy way of getting from one end of the terminal to the other without getting tired. Avianca lounges here are an insult to star alliance. The two worst things happened while we were boarding. The 12:55 flight to Cancun and the 13:00 flight to New York were boarding at gates which were literally next to each other. What could possibly go wrong? Two huge lines forming next to each other and people just pushing each other to get to their respective planes. They called for boarding at 12:30 but I got on the plane at 1:15 because they had to thoroughly search some passengers, and I mean extremely thoroughly, and instead of searching these passengers first and then calling people for boarding, they made us (mostly business class passengers and gold members) stand in line at the jetway leading to the plane. I wish that they have better organisation, because frankly Colombia is a rather untouched but tourist-friendly country. I'd be willing to give this airport another chance with another visit.
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"only speaks Spanish to you"

Trip Verified | Badly structured inside, shops and restaurants all spread out and miles apart. They accept dollars and euros here but they don't have change! Makes no sense, how likely it is for someone to have exactly €57.49 on them? The worst part though that everyone only speaks Spanish to you. I'm not in a just a Colombian city walking around, I'm in an international airport, you have to employ staff that speak English, not just their mother tongue.
Date VisitMay 2019

"Horrible experience"

Not Verified | Horrible experience. As soon as I arrived I was basically attacked by the luggage helpers, when I said I didn't need any help they rudely cursed me out in Spanish as they walked away. (I'm fluent in Spanish). As far as the airport, long annoying lines, immigration act like you are a felon. Overall horrible experience, very uncomfortable seating, extremely expensive. Definitely needs to improve the service and the staff attitude towards tourists and users.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"Very inconvenient"

Trip Verified | Internet is inconsistent, on none of my visits to Bogota it has worked correctly. Security points with new machines that apparently they do not know how to use, then they scan you again with hand metal detectors and shoes off, etc. Very inconvenient.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"queues for immigration horrendous"

Not Verified | We arrived at 2200. The queues for foreign immigration were horrendous- it took 75 minutes to clear the queues, our luggage had been offloaded from the belts and left in a pile of other bags. Our second visit Avianca had only allowed us 70 minutes for a transfer and the queues were over an hour. I had to feign a bad limp and use the fast track line. Even then we only just made the end of the boarding line.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"a lack of guidance and security"

Not Verified | Massive disappointment in queing times, arrived at 10.30am to depart my flight at 1.50 pm. It took me all of 3 hours just to gate to my gate. In the immigration line there was a lack of guidance and security. Multiple people cutting lines. While the airport staff were just talking amongst themselves.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"very comfortable and modern"

(Philippines)

The new El dorado Airport is very comfortable and modern, the staff are very friendly and efficient, they need to improve the lines in immigration, the Wifi is really bad, but in general it is a good airport.
Date VisitMay 2018

"best airport in Latin America"

Trip Verified | It is, along with Santiago’s perhaps the best airport in Latin America but they are not living up to their expectations. They need to put a premium lane like in Santiago for immigration as most airports do or work a bit faster. I waited 45 minutes to get through immigration. Agent was friendly. Security, which is immediately behind, was swift. The airport is elegant but some areas look a bit clinical. They could decorate it a bit better. Duty free is expensive.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"It's really a torture"

(Bolivia)

Not Verified | We had high hopes that the new El Dorado terminal would avoid the inconvenience of parking and/or boarding from "remote stations", but instead, it has become more frequent than ever. It is not nice at all to land after a long flight and be forced into buses that do not leave for the termina until there is not one inch left to stand up among other passengers. An then, a "courtesy tour" all around the worst parts of the airport before getting to the terminal, very far from the connecting gates. It's really a torture. How come people rate this airport among the 30 best? It doesn't deserve it.
Date VisitJuly 2018