Birmingham Airport

"Not a traveler friendly airport"

Trip Verified | Terrible experience. No visitor information counter. Wifi never worked on arrival or departure in the terminal. Everyone has to walk almost 3 blocks from drop off point to terminal,outdoors. (you cannot be dropped off at the terminal!) You have to wait inside a door at the bus stop for the bus to the city. It only opens when the bus comes, you do not wait on the street. We missed the bus because it only waits a few seconds and we didn't see the door open until too late. Not a traveler friendly airport!
Date VisitAugust 2019

"EMA here we come"

Not Verified | Birmingham airport, I’m embarrassed. Landed at 15.50 all going well from plane to carousel, then the delay! How hard can it be for someone to take some bags off the plane and bring them to the carousel belt! I’m still waiting and the time is now 17.06. Stroll on next holiday EMA here we come.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"airport is all about making money from parking"

Not Verified | Passenger processing time is getting slower, they are always confused as the scanner check out is not working properly. Parking is so expensive here and the 30 minutes free car park is an 18 minute walking distance both ways combined. I think the airport is all about making money from parking. I usually travel Heathrow and that is no where near this expensive. The drop off car park is £5 per 15 minutes. And only Chaufered and luxury vehicles can pick up and drop off directly outside the airport.
Date VisitJune 2019

"sort it out Birmingham airport"

Not Verified | What a joke! Smoking area closed in July one of the busiest months of the year, long haul flight with 2 hour delay prior! Was not a happy bunny. Airport this size this many people coming through surely an area could be provided somewhere! Should be a notice before going through security, sort it out Birmingham airport.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"Absolute joke of an airport"

Not Verified | 40 minute wait for bags at 21.40hrs. Absolute joke of an airport. Always has been and always will be. Carousel was started 20 mins after flight landed presumably to get to the magic ‘20 min average wait time’, despite no bags being on it for another 20 mins. This airport does not care about its customers. If it did it would not have customers waiting 40 minutes for this bags to arrive.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"everyone was very helpful"

Trip Verified | Good service! We arrived back at Birmingham late on a Saturday night. The luggage conveyor belt stopped working and then our second suitcase didn’t arrive. However, a gentleman at lost luggage took our details although it was now midnight. We phoned back next day and were given a Lufhansa tracking number. Later that day our case had been found and delivery arranged for the Monday. We phoned the phone number for baggage delivery and the gentleman was really helpful. He even phoned the driver to give us a time for delivery and suitcase duly arrived. It was difficult to get through to the lost luggage department as obviously very busy but everyone was very helpful. Many thanks.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"excelled themselves with bad customer service"

Not Verified | Awful airport, or more to the point, awful baggage handlers (Swissport). Flew back from Amsterdam which took around 80 minutes with one piece of hand luggage which had been put in the hold due to no room on plane. All the hold luggage was then offloaded onto the wrong carousel, had to wait over 2 hours to get it back. Birmingham airport is always bad getting through security and the baggage handlers must be some of the worst in the world, normal wait is between 30 and 60 minutes but they excelled themselves with bad customer service this time. Wouldn’t recommend this airport.

"it was a joke"

Not Verified | My husband is registered disabled with a blue badge we booked through TUI valet parking at Birmingham airport. Found the parking easily and was shown to a parking spot and then asked for the car keys, took some pictures and walked off. I asked for some help but he refused. I rang the number on the card a lady answered and said there is no one that can help. I had to struggle with 2 suitcases and a husband on crutches down 2 slopes across two roads in order to get to the departure lounge. It then took me 20 mins to find some help. On our return, I found a porter who helped me by getting a wheelchair and trolley and escorted us to our car, loaded our luggage and was very kind. I gave him a big tip for his trouble despite having paid over £100 for the valet parking - it was a joke! I myself am 71 years old and if I could make a suggestion I would suggest that your customer managers take a trip as a disabled passenger to Sal in Cape Verde to learn how to treat disabled passengers with respect, humour, kindness and 1% courtesy.

"Pleasantly surprised"

Trip Verified | Pleasantly surprised after reading all the negative reviews of this airport. Arrived 17th May on EK037 at 19.30hrs and despite a delay in "deplaning" from the lower deck due to airline security and police boarding to remove some passengers I was driving away in my hire car by 20.15hrs. Transit through immigration as a "non EU" passport holder was swift, luggage was available within 10 mins of arriving at the carousel and there was a 5 min walk to the car hire office. Based on this experience I'd happily use BHX as an entry point to UK,
Date VisitMay 2019

"two hours for luggage to come"

Not Verified | It took around two hours for the luggage to come on the carousels which is ridiculous. This is so poor for an unbelievably big airport and how busy it is. It’s like they can only do one plane at a time it’s that slow. I think that they have the same staff for every carousel