Berlin Tegel Airport

"Complete disaster"

(Poland)

Not Verified | Complete disaster! Longest lines to security control, I’ve ever seen in my life (I fly at least 2-5 times every month and I’ve been to many airports). Being in Germany I expected that everything will be well organized, but this airport is a catastrophe. I highly recommend to choose any other airport if you have the choice.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"way more convenient than Schonefeld"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | It was my first time using Tegel and what a thrill! I felt I was back in the 80's! Arriving was great, as I was out of the plane and out of the airport in, like, 5 minutes, which is great. But when departing, and also because my flight was a bit late, the area was beyond crowded and clearly the airport cannot cope with large - or should I say normal - numbers of passengers. Anyway, the airport is way more convenient than Schonefeld!
Date VisitNovember 2018

"total chaos"

Trip Verified | The worst security screening in a developed country. Unprofessional, unfriendly and totally inefficient. Fast track only to access the control area then no management of the lines so total chaos to access the single control lines.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"simply awful airport"

Not Verified | A simply awful airport, especially for the capital of an advanced country such as Germany. Our arrival was ghastly, no air bridge and crowded second rate buses. Immigration queue was one hour and staff were unimpressive. No smiles here. Our departure was even worse. Queues, grumpy staff, toilets scarce and on another level. Immigration was slow then we were herded into an uncomfortable area with a basic counter for food and drink. Think a bagel and water. No shopping except a drab perfume store. Crowded and security staff also slow and grumpy. My worst airport experience for a long time.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"No explanation and no apologies"

Not Verified | Worse than a third world airport. Worse than any airport I have ever passed through. I had to sit on the plane for ages due to ‘ground staff shortages’ and when I did finally get off the plane I had to wait almost 1hr for our bags! No explanation and no apologies and no staff to ask about it anyway. There was 1 toilet cubicle in the bag collection area so there was a long line. Then when I went through to get transport into Berlin it was bedlam - small narrow spaces with people pushing and poor signage to show you where to go, and gruff stressed staff and traffic jam chaos, is this indicative of how Germany operates? When I told our hotel receptionist she said it is always like that and she had to wait 1.5hr for her bag last time!
Date VisitOctober 2018

"dirty crowded ramshackle airport"

Not Verified | Welcome to Germany - a dirty crowded ramshackle airport greets you in Berlin - it’s capital - an example of all things wrong with airline travel in the 1970’s - though this is 2018. Poor signage, no easily marked entry, pod design means seating and services are token at best, staff are as depressed and gruff as the airport facade, waiting times are usual and unexplainable such as 45 mins for bags to be offloaded - delayed departure but no courtesy announcement- what a bummer for Berlin and Germans.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"Avoid this place if possible"

Not Verified | It feels like you are at a bus station. One of the worst airports I have ever been in. Officers are unprofessional, place feels unhygienic, and crowded. I am little shocked. Avoid this place if possible.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"announcements difficult to understand"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Berlin? Never again! The airport was packed, long waiting hours for security, opening of gates too short to have time to do anything, information scares, announcements difficult to understand, not kid-friendly. Even Berlin's museums are not worth such a nightmare. Never again.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"there was nobody to be found anywhere"

Trip Verified | First time flying into Tegel and hopefully the last. Even the pilot on our plane couldn't help himself, wishing us "Good Luck in Tegel" upon landing. We were kept waiting for 20 minutes because no buses had come to take disembarking passengers to the terminal. Once in the terminal, we were kept waiting a further 50 minutes as one lonely bag soldiered along on the baggage carousel by itself. Until the carousel stopped and stayed stopped. Passengers attempted to find some ground crew to help out or even get some information about the delay, but there was nobody to be found anywhere. Wifi was not working either. A scheduled 19.15 landing saw most of us enter the departure area well after 21.00 - not a word of explanation or apology. I don't know if this is just typical of German airport behaviour, as I've experienced even worse service countless times at Frankfurt - but Hamburg and Munich seem to function without fuss, and Stuttgart manages if it's not overwhelmed with people. Not in any hurry to return to Berlin after this experience.

"delayed extensively"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Probably one of the worst experienced I have had. They did not have enoug buses or push back trucks so every flight was delayed extensively. Amazing in a city like Berlin to experience this degree of incompetence