Belfast Airport

Belfast Airport customer review

Small changes (yet again) from my last trip through. There is a new food area called 'fed and watered’ where 'Rankins' used to be (nice but usual airport high prices). Also after leaving security you are deposited into the recently refurbished original food court area looks nicer but is still over-priced. My personal impression of security (see previous reviews) was a little better than usual on this trip but only just and from observing interaction with other travellers it's still poor. The term 'officious' in previous reviews reflects my experience of security well in general. The web site shows that the current round of investment has now finished so that unlike the last few years the airport probably won't change layout every couple of months. Finally I have neglected to mention before my experience on return. UK boarder control has been excellent and the baggage hits the carrousel very quickly. However in stark contract to the departure experience this part of the airport hasn't changed in a long time and now feels old worn and tatty it really needs a lick of paint.

Belfast Airport customer review

I recently travelled via Belfast International. I wanted to see if I was the only one with this poor experience. I wasn't and Mr Davis's review sums it up - The security staff at the Belfast International Airport obviously mistake officiousness for efficiency and really seem to enjoy the little power they have. I travel a fair bit 50k flight miles a year and I find Dublin and London security staff generally friendly and good and equally the TSA have really upped their game not Belfast Intl. Even to the point of making me unpack my backpack after it had been through the machine and being asked why did I have so many electronic devices. They'd already been rude and inefficient throughout the process to myself and others. It was a toss-up for me between flying to Heathrow from Belfast to get a direct flight from there to get home and a 2 hour train ride to Dublin for a direct flight and clearing US immigration in Dublin. Belfast Intl airport security have made that choice easy for me its Dublin for me from now on. One customer you have chased away and travelling is hassle enough.

Belfast Airport customer review

I've have the misfortune to travel via this airport 3 times this year for business. The security staff at the Belfast International Airport obviously mistake officiousness for efficiency and really seem to enjoy the little power they have. As a country that relies heavily on tourism someone should realise that although they are doing an important function they are customer facing.

Belfast Airport customer review

Arrived at Belfast Int. airport Easyjet check-in. Stood in queue for over 30mins. Only one girl on check-in desk. Off-loaded suitcases and went straight to security check with intentions of eating/ shopping once through. One item of hand luggage was targeted for searching items were scrutinised in detail. In total well over 10 mins must have passed from opening of this single bag to leaving security. By this stage we all had to make a dash for the departure lounge as boarding was commencing. As yet no drinks or food for the kids. And usual story with Belfast Int - passengers are despatched from the seating bay into the stairwell where they have to remain standing before being released (about 10+ mins). In past flights we've had to stand for even longer periods in these conditions. Total time to get through airport with no breaks: over 70 mins. It would seem many passengers are opting to make the short trip down to Dublin.

Belfast Airport customer review

Travelled through the airport recently for the first time in 2 years was pleasantly surprised by the new layout the security staff couldn't have been nicer despite all the seemingly negative reviews here. Lots of space in the departures area though the strangford eating area is very over-priced with simple meals averaging £10.There is however a burger king and a nice bar and a few shops such as WH smith and boots as well as the duty free area of course. I used the business lounge but it was my first and last time in it as it simply isn't worth the money there are plenty of quiet areas to sit around in whilst waiting for your flight and the large window in starbucks lets you see out over the airfield.

Belfast Airport customer review

New improved security area and the terminal is being re-furbished again. A lot of the comments about the security staff are true and this is the only downside of this airport.

Belfast Airport customer review

I travel through this airport around 10 times per year. I would describe the overall facilities and cleanliness as average. The security queues are generally long. Following the recent refurbishment there is very little seating in the departures area although there is customer- only seating at cafes.

Belfast Airport customer review

Being my local airport I have used Belfast International many times watched it develop and be refurbished over the years. The relocation of security was a good move as the search area is so much bigger now but it's a real shame that the staff can be so unpleasant when dealing with passengers I have had to have my bags searched the last two times I have travelled out and they didn't even give me a reason why they were doing it and seemed annoyed when I had to ask them. That aside the other services and facilities remain of a high standard and the modern departures concourse makes a pleasant start to your trip. Really pleased as well that easyJet and more recently Aer Lingus are continuing to expand their routes and you can now fly to a great range of European destinations without having to make a connection elsewhere.

Belfast Airport customer review

My first trip through Belfast International since November and it's changed again. Just a little this time although thankfully for the better overall. Check-in was a breeze despite there being a number or flights checking in at the same time. Security however was the usual story. The officials that check documents before entering the main security area are polite friendly and efficient. However after this the lines in the main security section despite being short were painfully slow. Only 1 male and 1 female member present at the scanners meaning that if anyone set off the detector the queue was held up for people of the same gender for some time with chaotic reorganising of the line to sort it out. Staff were also as abrupt and surly as ever. After this though the latest reconfiguration of the departure lounge was actually quite good. The old duty free area is now opened up into seating for starbucks and other outlets giving a more light and space for travellers.

Belfast Airport customer review

I have to say that the security queues and security staff at Belfast International airport compare very unfavourably with other airports. Queues are long and move at a snail’s pace (in spite of the fact that this was the smallest and least busy of the airports I used recently). Security staff rude and even abusive to passengers in the way they talk to them. They seem to treat everyone like some kind of criminal.