Beirut Airport

"worst and rudest staff"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | The worst and rudest staff. The 7th of September was the date to return home after visiting Lebanon for a one week vacation. Despite the long qeues at all counters and illogical controls to get into the actual bag drop zones then you face very long lines of people also waiting. I dont think I have showed my passport to so many people as I did at this airport. After all of that then you face the rudeness of the border staff. The person who was handling mine and my parents documents was one of the worst. It started as he was telling us to come thrugh one by one. When he was told that we were travelling on the same route as family he then started his rudness even more. After a lot of idiotic questions and stupid and non logical arguments we went through to the gates. The rudeness of the staff continued further to include swearing. The country itself is a nice place apart from the experience at this airport.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"I feel ashamed by such incompetency"

(Lebanon)

Not Verified | Even though I am Lebanese and should proudly put a high grade for my national airport, I cannot but curse the authorities and the staff there for the big mess created. I came in 3 hours before my flight departure to Europe whereby I couldn't do an online check-in (Coincidence that Europeans have blocked online check-in for Beirut?) I managed to miss my plane due to the waiting line at the first scanner. 3 hours prior to my flight and I missed it! No help from any security or staff to skip the line, I feel ashamed by such incompetency.
Date VisitAugust 2019

Beirut Airport customer review

NotVerified | Worst experience ever, arrived 3 hours before our flight to Istanbul, all passengers waiting in random queues, despite hundreds of security guards not one of them bothered to organise the queues. While waiting to check in, they closed our flight gate, over 30 passengers including my family missed the flight. All asked to speak to the manager of Pegasus, which was very rude and blamed all 30 passengers for being late, while still waiting - do not use this airport, worst experience ever. Cost me thousands of dollars to arrange flight and now I am sending my claims through - I am giving one star as no zero option.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"worst experience"

Not Verified | Horrible experience, worlds largest queue known to man, possibly the worst experience in my life. Why has management done it in this way? Definitely will impact tourism. Should be 0 stars
Date VisitJune 2019

"must show the passenger his way"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Now that works in the airport are ongoing the management should put posters and information signs defining and limiting the working areas in a professional way. They must show the passenger his way and keep him safe. Time to finish works should also be defined.
Date VisitMarch 2019

"1h45m in a line"

(Jordan)

Not Verified | We arrive from Amman to Beirut at 11:25 am coming at the passport control there was a massive line for the International traveller it took us more than 1h45m in a line to finish the passport control. There were empty lines for Lebanese, where the authority didn't allow anyone to go through other than Lebanese. In the line with us there was a family with kids who got tired when they asked the officer if they can take them to the other empty line he refused saying there are other family with kids as well. No one can understand why such a mess or the huge line. I travelled before to Beirut through the same Airport and it always the case. Very unpleasant experience and 1st impression for the any visitor to the country.
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"horrible experience at this airport"

Not Verified | I had a horrible experience at this airport. First it's filthy and not clean. Bathrooms were badly maintained. The drinking water is salty like sea water. The officers at port of entry treat people like animals. They scream at them and don't speak other languages besides arabic. This is the worst airport I ever visited even though I have visited a lot of third world countries. If you can avoid going to this airport, better for you.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"I have never faced such a queue"

Trip Verified | Arrived from Baghdad on 6/09/2018 by MEA, actual arrival was at 16:35. Waited for 1:52 queuing for no reason. As frequent flyer (more than 20 departures and arrivals at Beirut airport yearly) I have never faced such a queue. Many passengers asked the immigration officers "why they don't open more counters? The prompt reply was ready when this officer replied "we have 6 out of 13, which should be enough, you can wait". It seems someone is profiting from the delays. As tourism is one of Lebanon's main incomes, someone is damaging this sector as well.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"our worst experience ever at an airport"

Trip Verified | This was probably our worst experience ever at an airport. We were left queuing for an hour and a half with two small kids. Our son of 7 months old got hungry and was crying for a whole hour and no one at the airport security seemed to care. No regard for families with children or the elderly. The staff are extremely annoying and rude. We experienced the same at both arrival and departure. We are seriously thinking of never going there ever again. What a horrible country!
Date VisitJuly 2018

"unorganized and poorly managed"

(Egypt)

Trip Verified | Unorganized and poorly managed! I have been many times to this airport. However, today was the worst because of the summer crowd. Your experience starts with the lack of ventilation all over the airport, then the emigration personnel who (most of them) are so arrogant, impolite and lack all sorts of proper professional attitude. One of them dealt with me in a very bad way infront of all people because I was trying to inform him that my flight is going to departure without me. We stayed for five hours to end our process and thanks to the miracle of heaven we catched it. There’s nothing organized in the airport except the duty free part. Now the airport itself: old and badly maintained terminals, average cleanliness, trays for luggage scanners scattered on the ground, very small displays at departure hall, average quality of signage.
Date VisitAugust 2018