Beirut Airport

"modern and beautiful"

(Zambia)

Not Verified | The airport is really modern and beautiful. It’s very tidy and clean and has a lot of signs and announcements and a lot of staff that help out with your luggage the staff are really kind and the airport is really clean.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"I was airside in 5 minutes"

Not Verified | Because of all the bad reviews, I arrived 3 hrs prior to departure. There was no security check to enter the building - you could just step in. As I flew with Ryanair to Cypres (EU passport), I asked at the Ryanair counter if my printed online boarding pass is ok. It was. I was the only passenger to proceed the security checks at that time, so I could just walk through. Overall, I was airside in 5 minutes and enjoyed the Cedar Lounge.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"I am surprised at the bad reviews"

Trip Verified | A nice airport and frankly I am surprised at the bad reviews. I arrived there at approx. 0600 hrs. Entry and check-in were very easy. Security was straight forward and immigration was very easy. Once on the airside, a restaurant was open as were the duty-free shops. The only downside were the grumpy staff of the shops who obviously had not woken up yet!. Announcements were clear and boarding was orderly and we took off on time.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"worst staff I have ever encountered"

Trip Verified | The worst staff I have ever encountered every single time I have to travel through this airport which is quite a few times per year. They are extremly rude and give people backhanded comments for no reason. There is absolutely no reason to be rude to customers, I travel all the way from Canada and can see the significant difference in treatment and respect that the people at this airport lack.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"worst and rudest staff"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | The worst and rudest staff. The 7th of September was the date to return home after visiting Lebanon for a one week vacation. Despite the long qeues at all counters and illogical controls to get into the actual bag drop zones then you face very long lines of people also waiting. I dont think I have showed my passport to so many people as I did at this airport. After all of that then you face the rudeness of the border staff. The person who was handling mine and my parents documents was one of the worst. It started as he was telling us to come thrugh one by one. When he was told that we were travelling on the same route as family he then started his rudness even more. After a lot of idiotic questions and stupid and non logical arguments we went through to the gates. The rudeness of the staff continued further to include swearing. The country itself is a nice place apart from the experience at this airport.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"I feel ashamed by such incompetency"

(Lebanon)

Not Verified | Even though I am Lebanese and should proudly put a high grade for my national airport, I cannot but curse the authorities and the staff there for the big mess created. I came in 3 hours before my flight departure to Europe whereby I couldn't do an online check-in (Coincidence that Europeans have blocked online check-in for Beirut?) I managed to miss my plane due to the waiting line at the first scanner. 3 hours prior to my flight and I missed it! No help from any security or staff to skip the line, I feel ashamed by such incompetency.
Date VisitAugust 2019

Beirut Airport customer review

NotVerified | Worst experience ever, arrived 3 hours before our flight to Istanbul, all passengers waiting in random queues, despite hundreds of security guards not one of them bothered to organise the queues. While waiting to check in, they closed our flight gate, over 30 passengers including my family missed the flight. All asked to speak to the manager of Pegasus, which was very rude and blamed all 30 passengers for being late, while still waiting - do not use this airport, worst experience ever. Cost me thousands of dollars to arrange flight and now I am sending my claims through - I am giving one star as no zero option.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"worst experience"

Not Verified | Horrible experience, worlds largest queue known to man, possibly the worst experience in my life. Why has management done it in this way? Definitely will impact tourism. Should be 0 stars
Date VisitJune 2019

"must show the passenger his way"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Now that works in the airport are ongoing the management should put posters and information signs defining and limiting the working areas in a professional way. They must show the passenger his way and keep him safe. Time to finish works should also be defined.
Date VisitMarch 2019

"1h45m in a line"

(Jordan)

Not Verified | We arrive from Amman to Beirut at 11:25 am coming at the passport control there was a massive line for the International traveller it took us more than 1h45m in a line to finish the passport control. There were empty lines for Lebanese, where the authority didn't allow anyone to go through other than Lebanese. In the line with us there was a family with kids who got tired when they asked the officer if they can take them to the other empty line he refused saying there are other family with kids as well. No one can understand why such a mess or the huge line. I travelled before to Beirut through the same Airport and it always the case. Very unpleasant experience and 1st impression for the any visitor to the country.
Date VisitFebruary 2019