Beijing Capital Airport

Beijing Capital Airport customer review

This review is for Terminal 3 the international terminal. Beijing Airport is a pleasant and modern airport albeit one that feels a bit like a huge empty cavern. Free WiFi is available. However you need to register in person at the Business Center or a few other airport locations to get a user ID and PIN code that you then need to submit via a rather user- unfriendly web page. Apart from the cumbersome activation procedure I have no complaints about the WiFi service. The staff are generally polite and efficient despite their limited command of English. However there need to be more dining options within T3; currently there is little else aside from a Chinese Pizza Hut and a bunch of cafes. Overall it's a nice place for catching a flight but definitely not somewhere you'd want to linger for long at.

Beijing Capital Airport customer review

T3 - Lots of great shops and places to eat. The Air China Business Class lounge is the best lounge I have been in. There is a little hotel at gate E-10 (all the gates for international flights are the E gates in this terminal). It has mini rooms with no windows that you can rent by the hour or even overnight. Caution - when you arrive if you are connecting internationally and already have your boarding pass or want to go rest in the hotel do not follow the crowd down the escalator after customs. This leads you out of the terminal and to baggage claim via a train. If you do accidentally get to the train just take it to the main terminal and then don't get off. It will take you back to the E terminal where you will have to clear a new set of customs and security to get back into the gate area.

(China)

Disorganized sprawling airport that is too big to be practical. Like C Neumann experienced twice the ineptness of airport information staff. There are no floor plans showing which row and number of stall holds which airline check-in desk. Aimlessly wandered in the airport looking for Continental desk. Found Info desk gave info staff airline flight number and time of flight. She told me "this flight does not exist" multiple times and on the third try searching on her computer found said flight to exist and directed me to the correct row--in row E (it is not alphabetical order which would be the intuitive thing). Second time found airport staff and asked again where is check-in desk and she did not know despite working on the check-in floor aiding travelers. She had to radio the info desk. After multiple tries info desk did not respond. Had to walk to info desk who did not know either and had to look on his computer (they should really know this without resorting to looking it up). She ended up directing me to the wrong check-in desk. From check-in to gate is much too far. Besides walking long distances it requires a shuttle ride to the gates where you must walk long distances again. Security was terrible no organisation. People cutting lines drifting in and out of lines. No one spoke English. Was in danger like some other travelers of missing flight due to excessive security delays. Every once in a while an airport security worker would walk by. If I had not asked in Chinese for help because my flight was leaving soon I would have missed my flight altogether (worker removed me from the line and brought to the front cutting all the people behind me.) Was late for flight and no one bothered to radio ahead. Allot yourself at least half an hour from check-in to gate plus more for security. Airport staff has none to minimal English skills. Bad service from shop assistants prior to gate.

Beijing Capital Airport customer review

T3 is fantastic T2 is a little bit dated but services are good. Immigration staff are friendly and efficient. heaps of shops and cafes. The only is internet there is no free wifi services at PEK.

Beijing Capital Airport customer review

Beijing Airport has a lot of superlatives and is fantastic when everything goes smoothly. I was delayed coming on Air China from Hangzhou (bad weather in Beijing will probably appear later in the statistics as pollution-free day) and had to catch Air China flight to Frankfurt. This flight departed just when we landed. Transfer desk is useless: they send you to ticketing in ticketing you have to wait in queue (whereby Chinese people do not queue they just push you away) and when you are done with ticketing you wait in queue (same style as before) to get accommodation. The whole procedure took almost 3 hours.

Beijing Capital Airport customer review

It has a good and cheap connection with the city and although huge it's very well organized and you can find your way easily. But due to its size you have to leave enough time for check in gate transition etc. Among his disadvantages was the luck of proper services for disable people. If it wasn't the polite and helpful personnel I don't know how easily we could have made it. Another big disadvantage it was that the very expensive restaurants and cafe facilities. We paid 30RMB~3Eu for a plain and small sandwich and 27RMB for a small glass of juice!

Beijing Capital Airport customer review

Had a connecting International flight in Beijing and could not get proper directions. Airport personnel were indifferent and unhelpful with one person even asking for money just to tell me where the Continental Airlines counter was. My son and I had a miserable and tiring time filled a ton of forms had to go through immigration and in again!

Beijing Capital Airport customer review

Terminal 3 is enormous but seem a bit under-used. Had a domestic transfer with Air China from YVR to SHA via PEK and was a smooth process. Had many stops and stamps to my passport and tickets but I can honestly tell you that I had no idea what I was getting stamped or checked. Still a fairly smooth process and lot's of walking involved. I felt like I walked the whole airport just to get to my next flight! Unlike many North American airports there are not a lot of opportunities to purchase snacks or water after security. If you want food I recommend eating before proceeding through security since there is not much in the departure area. Also found it odd that for such a large airport I had to be shuttled to the plane for both of my flights. Overall a pleasant experience!

Beijing Capital Airport customer review

PEK Terminal 3 is a truly remarkable building - the sheer size of the place can be quite overwhelming. For this reason it can take a while to get from one side to the other. In my case I took nearly 30 minutes to make my way from my Dragonair flight to immigration - and this was on a quiet Sunday morning. You will never experience overcrowding! Check-in areas are adequately signed and customs staff are efficient if not a bit dismissive. Previous comments are correct: there is not a lot in the way of eating facilities once you clear immigration for an outbound flight. Most of the shopping is for high-end duty free. However this airport gets full marks for cleanliness ambiance and efficiency. Overall a very good airport.

Beijing Capital Airport customer review

Transportation to/from the airport is cheap both by bus express train and taxi. Terminal 2 seems like a low-cost terminal and waiting lines are usually long for those flying economy. And a lot of flights depart a bit late. But Terminal 3 is a piece of art. It's huge and from the inside it's really beautiful. As stated by P Smith it's also vastly underused which means I never had to wait was it for immigration security check or anything else. You have free power outlets for your laptop with free Wi-Fi like in Incheon for example but in my opinion with better natural lighting (although with no signs).