Beijing Capital Airport

"The worst airport experience"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | The worst airport experience. Airport is very cold. Except at the gates there is nowhere to sit or relax. We were in transit and my daughter zippo was taken from her suitcase when we didn't even have access to it as it was sent straight from New Zealand to France. I will not go thru Beijing airport anymore. Couldn't access any website thru wifi unless you had a VPN.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"most disorganised and rude security"

Not Verified | The worst airport with the most disorganised and rude security. We were transiting through Beijing from the UK and on the way to Tokyo. I wish the staff at security would take a trip to Tokyo to see how it should be done. Security was mayhem to put it mildly. The staff shout at you as if they're rounding up cattle. The staff look harassed and they are unfriendly. It takes a long time to go through security and they speak very little English and bark orders at you. They rummage inside the bags and throw things on the trays and conveyor belt. The staff need to be better managed and need extensive training in customer service. In Tokyo the experience is fast, smooth, polite and so easy! Additionally, the vending machines in the airport are useless. They don't take cards or cash and buying a bottle of water is almost impossible! Nothing to eat or drink! I don't recommend this airport and will do my very best to avoid transiting through Beijing again.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"airport is good, although not very comfortable"

(Ukraine)

Not Verified | I flew from Prague to Shanghai via Beijing.The airport was pretty clean. It was almost impossible to connect to Wi-Fi. The network required a Chinese phone number. The transfer to the departure hall was closed, I had to go through the main exit. A lot of airport workers don’t speak English. The transition between the two terminals is not very long. In general, the airport is good, although not very comfortable.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"worst airport I have ever been to"

Trip Verified | The worst airport I have ever been to. We were transiting through this airport. We were running around trying to find a bottle of water and something to eat. There is nothing around. The vending machines don't take cards, no cash machines around and no shops. It took us 45 mins to get some water still did not get much to eat. There is only one little Costa stall (which didn't have water) and Starbucks. Security checks very slow and disorganised. Unnecessary duplication of checks, we weren't even leaving the airport and our passports were checked 3 times while standing in the same queue. Our powerbanks went through one way but got threw away on the way back. The security guy grabbed my friend's powerbank and her to go with him somewhere. He didn't say where they were going and not even let her take her bag with her.

"a dreadful experience"

(Cyprus)

Not Verified | Further to my previous review of this disgraceful airport, I want to add that when we did arrive in the taxi from terminal 1 to terminal 3, my son had to leave me in the taxi whilst he ran down to find customer assistance desk to borrow a wheelchair. He was asjed to leave his passport with the desk and only then was he allowed to take the wheelchair. At time of checking in with LOT a/l, 8 hours later, he had to rush back to customer desk and return wheelchair and get his passport back in order to check in with LOT. Beijing is a dreadful experience at airport. Don't go there if you need assistance.

"I am furious"

(Cyprus)

Not Verified | Disgraceful! I will make it a point to warn people not to fly through this airport if they are ill. Total non interest in my request for assistance, no facilities to help incapacitated people. My son asked for help for me - there wasn't any. We had to cross from terminal 1 to 3. A wheelchair, leg in brace, arm in plaster, son coping with all this plus luggage to help me. We were left to find a taxi to get from terminal 1 to 3 on our own. No wheelchair assistance even though booked. No working WiFi. I am furious. We flew from Dunghuang to Xi'an with change and then Xi'an to Beijing and then on to Warsaw and change to fly to larnaca. Beijing airport is a disgrace. No-one to ask for help. It was late. Never again. Your staff need training.

"4 hours to transfer"

(Poland)

Not Verified | The worst airport ever. Transfer queues were very long, once it took us 4 hours to transfer from one flight to another. During a night all of the restaurants are closed, shops as well. Moreover it is cold in there and there is no staff to report on that! Staff is extremely unkind and the security check is ridiculous and lasts too long. On the flight to the destination I had a spray for hand cleaning there was no issue with it, on the flight back they considered it as dangerous. As a result, had to come with a security man to another desk and the lady took a photo of my passport with the phone - why? Nobody clarified on that. Furthermore, The toilets are pretty old, there are no showers in there. Credit cards are not accepted at the food machines. It was my fourth visit to this airport and the last one.

"Security is a mess"

Trip Verified | Security for checking in at international departures is a mess. Have to take all cameras, lenses, computers etc out of the backpack, while busy doing this they push everything through the x-ray. So not everything was out. Then they start complaining I have not everything taken out of the bag. My power bank was confiscated because the capacity was too large. It was a 39 Wh (7800 mAh) power bank while 120 Wh is allowed according to the lady at the security check. Shoes: asked if I had to take out my shoes, the answer was no. After I passed the X-ray I had to take out my shoes. People at the security check at international departures hardly speak English.

"worst international terminal"

Trip Verified | The worst international terminal I have ever been in. Long queues, inefficient processes and then once inside there are not even basic shops, just one absolutely atrocious cafe. Avoid this airport!
Date VisitOctober 2019

"loss of property"

Not Verified | The airport terminals looks nice with lots of shops and a lot of security cameras everywhere. However, the security agents are a bunch of organized crooks. They removed my Osmo3 gimble and one of my battery packs, while going through their security search and checkpoint during a transfer from Bangkok to LAX with Air China. One of their agent distracted me while doing an extensive full body search, wearing a simple shirt, jeans with no belt, and sandals. They made me turned around so I can not see my backpack, while the other agents went through my belongings, and removed the items. By the time I realized the items are missing, I was on the plane to LAX. This was my first flight transfer in Beijing Airport, and it will be my last! The low fares with Air China is not worth the hassle and the loss of property with Beijing Airport’s security.
Date VisitOctober 2019