Beijing Capital Airport

"a dreadful experience"

(Cyprus)

Not Verified | Further to my previous review of this disgraceful airport, I want to add that when we did arrive in the taxi from terminal 1 to terminal 3, my son had to leave me in the taxi whilst he ran down to find customer assistance desk to borrow a wheelchair. He was asjed to leave his passport with the desk and only then was he allowed to take the wheelchair. At time of checking in with LOT a/l, 8 hours later, he had to rush back to customer desk and return wheelchair and get his passport back in order to check in with LOT. Beijing is a dreadful experience at airport. Don't go there if you need assistance.

"I am furious"

(Cyprus)

Not Verified | Disgraceful! I will make it a point to warn people not to fly through this airport if they are ill. Total non interest in my request for assistance, no facilities to help incapacitated people. My son asked for help for me - there wasn't any. We had to cross from terminal 1 to 3. A wheelchair, leg in brace, arm in plaster, son coping with all this plus luggage to help me. We were left to find a taxi to get from terminal 1 to 3 on our own. No wheelchair assistance even though booked. No working WiFi. I am furious. We flew from Dunghuang to Xi'an with change and then Xi'an to Beijing and then on to Warsaw and change to fly to larnaca. Beijing airport is a disgrace. No-one to ask for help. It was late. Never again. Your staff need training.

"4 hours to transfer"

(Poland)

Not Verified | The worst airport ever. Transfer queues were very long, once it took us 4 hours to transfer from one flight to another. During a night all of the restaurants are closed, shops as well. Moreover it is cold in there and there is no staff to report on that! Staff is extremely unkind and the security check is ridiculous and lasts too long. On the flight to the destination I had a spray for hand cleaning there was no issue with it, on the flight back they considered it as dangerous. As a result, had to come with a security man to another desk and the lady took a photo of my passport with the phone - why? Nobody clarified on that. Furthermore, The toilets are pretty old, there are no showers in there. Credit cards are not accepted at the food machines. It was my fourth visit to this airport and the last one.

"Security is a mess"

Trip Verified | Security for checking in at international departures is a mess. Have to take all cameras, lenses, computers etc out of the backpack, while busy doing this they push everything through the x-ray. So not everything was out. Then they start complaining I have not everything taken out of the bag. My power bank was confiscated because the capacity was too large. It was a 39 Wh (7800 mAh) power bank while 120 Wh is allowed according to the lady at the security check. Shoes: asked if I had to take out my shoes, the answer was no. After I passed the X-ray I had to take out my shoes. People at the security check at international departures hardly speak English.

"worst international terminal"

Trip Verified | The worst international terminal I have ever been in. Long queues, inefficient processes and then once inside there are not even basic shops, just one absolutely atrocious cafe. Avoid this airport!

"loss of property"

Not Verified | The airport terminals looks nice with lots of shops and a lot of security cameras everywhere. However, the security agents are a bunch of organized crooks. They removed my Osmo3 gimble and one of my battery packs, while going through their security search and checkpoint during a transfer from Bangkok to LAX with Air China. One of their agent distracted me while doing an extensive full body search, wearing a simple shirt, jeans with no belt, and sandals. They made me turned around so I can not see my backpack, while the other agents went through my belongings, and removed the items. By the time I realized the items are missing, I was on the plane to LAX. This was my first flight transfer in Beijing Airport, and it will be my last! The low fares with Air China is not worth the hassle and the loss of property with Beijing Airport’s security.

"Worst airport ever!"

Not Verified | Worst airport ever! Flew into new Beijing Daxing Airport only to be transfered to the old one to fly home. In the old airport you have to go thru security just to get to check in! Then, there is literally nothing for you until your check in counter opens. Not even electricity or food. Only choice you have is to exist secure be area to access a tea House or convenience store! After you check in there is Nothing to eat. Only other choice is to buy a ramen noodle bowl or an overpriced bag of candy at a "duty free" shop. Fly any other airport in China but not Beijing!

"below international standards"

Trip Verified | Sub-par airport. Rude staff especially at check points (immigration & security). Limited & overpriced shopping options with only 20% of shops open, the rest seemingly used as storage, and few restaurants. Vending machines accept only RMB notes and beverages can't be bought anywhere else (excepts Starbucks/KFC). Free Wi-Fi requires a Chinese phone number. No open-air area. Overall far below international standards.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"airport is chaos"

Not Verified | By far the worse airport I have been to. Very uncomfortable with not many seating spaces available. Staff cannot speak English and choose not to help, it is unacceptable for a large international airport. Terminal 2 has almost nothing open until 7 am. Terminal 3 is not much better with the unfriendliest duty-free staff I have ever seen in my life. Transit between terminal 2 and 3 is a joke with confusion for everyone why they need to go through immigration to get to another terminal for transit for another flight. This airport is chaos. Prepare yourself for stress.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"modern and spacious"

(Taiwan)

Not Verified | This airport is very modern and spacious. Signs in both Mandarin Chinese and English are very clear. Staff members are friendly. Queing times at security and immigration desks do not require long waiting times.
Date VisitAugust 2019