Barcelona Airport

"Not recommended at all"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Bad, bad airport, no air conditioning in the middle of the day in August. Late boarding, no signs to find car return, bad experience. Not recommended at all.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"airport is a national disgrace"

Trip Verified | Departed from gate D. Couldn’t access shops or food area. Only one small cafe with over 50 ppl waiting. I opted for something from the vending machine instead. What sort of short sighted idiocy prevents international travellers from spending money at the airport? Don’t you like money Barcelona? Staff are rude. You need to remind your security and customs service that their job isn’t to treat people like animals or worse. My experience diminished my opinion of Barcelona and the intellect of the airport staff and architects. This airport is a national disgrace.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"Worst experience in any airport"

Not Verified | As mentioned by previous reviewers, this airport has a weird situation in that duty free is between security and passport control not like other airports.Like previous posters I was directed to passport control by a female attendant and was trapped up on floor D and E, not realising I couldn't get down to the shops below, there are no signs about this, and I had 4 hours until my flight.I went to one of the police men at passport control to ask how I could get down and he said it was impossible.I explained that the lady sent me this way and I had four hours to my flight.He asked what time was my flight to which I replied 25 past 7.At this point he started to give out to me and shout in Spanish and then said slow down.I repeated 7.25 slowly and then he lost the plot and started screaming and shouting at me in Spanish, banging his chest and then said respect the police. At this point I was on the brink of crying, he kept on shouting at me in Spanish, I replied I don'y understand Spanish, more tirade from him and then he said I don't speak english, I said but you work in the airport, more tirade so I had to walk away from him. Worst experience of my life in any airport and no need for it.

"Extremely uncomfortable"

Not Verified | Extremely uncomfortable to wait in, especially when they do not provide air conditioning for the whole airport. Only certain retail stores have it, but if you are waiting for hours in departures it can get very frustrating.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"There is no smoking area"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | There is no smoking area for passengers in the terminal of Barcelona El Prat Airport. This is a very important point in many smokers review. So building a room will be a good and easy solution for this.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"You will be on hold forever"

Not Verified | Look after your items - If you lose something at the airport, consider it gone forever. The lost and found office has not answered the phone once after three weeks of continuous attempts to contact. You will be on hold forever, so save your time, money and energy.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"never fly through here again"

Not Verified | The worst setup between multiple gates I have seen. If you have Gate D or E, you get secluded from the dining and shopping area. Do not enter this area unless you have only a little time before boarding. This section only has 1 overpriced cafe and Burger King. That said, duty free refunds and the staff also need to learn how to manage customers better. Worst airport, will never fly through here again
Date VisitJuly 2019

"probably one of the worst experiences"

Not Verified | My family and I were flying back to the UK after a cruise and a day in Barcelona. We were flying with EasyJet (as usual). Managed to get through security quickly (one of the fastest ever). However, when we got to the actual terminal (dedicated to EasyJet) we were surprised to only find a single duty free shop, a single restaurant, a single small screen showing all flights, only 8 depature gates, only one set of toilets (divided up between mens, womens and disabled) all packed into a small building. put underneath the stairs coming down from the duty free shop. As it was a busy terminal, all of the seats were full (although we were lucky to get seats), the queue for the restaurant was extremely long, there was no way of telling where the queue for one gate began and the next gate ended. Besides that, there were floor tiles missing leaving holes, one of which my mother tripped over almost injuring herself (luckily not badly), these holes were only marked by the orange cloth barriers and posts that you would expect to find around the gates themselves. There were next to no staff in the terminal and no point to call for staff to help my mum if she had got injured by her fall. Overall, this was probably one of the worst experiences in an airport I have ever had.

"Ridiculous airport arrangement"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Ridiculous airport arrangement for Gates D and E passengers, where you will not be able to get to the major shopping and dining area after passport control. If you don't want to be imprisoned in the small area with just one burger king and one duty free shop, you need to stop proceeding to the passport control after the security checking, but there is no clear signage warning the passengers about this.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"T1 worst setup possible"

Not Verified | T1 worst setup possible. Huge lines for security/passport/immigration and just chaos. Lots of people not knowing where to go etc. If you are departing from gates D or E then eat/shop before you pass security. There is nothing on the other side. Absolutely pathetic for an international terminal to be so empty, I've never passed through an international terminal so sparse in my life. You don't get access to the usual duty free/shopping/eating that gates A, B and C do. If you can avoid travelling through this airport then I'd recommend doing so.