Barcelona Airport

"a laughing stock of all European airports"

Not Verified | This place is a literal joke and a laughing stock of all European airports. There’s no signs, no help desk and no one has a clue what’s going on. I can’t stress enough how hard you should try to avoid this airport at all costs. Flying budget airlines can be stressful enough and flying them out of this airport is setting yourself up for a bad time. Good luck out there.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"use any other airport"

Not Verified | My flight was delayed for 6 hours and I was pretty angry with that already. American Airlines treats their customers pretty poorly in such situations. Only a complimentary voucher for 20€ was given to spend at any food location. Unfortunate surprise awaits you right after security gates. My gate was E70 something, on the second floor you have only Burger King, Cafe pans and some other cafe across Duty free. You will look down with tears, as a first floor is loaded with different nice places to eat and shop. Everyone works slowly, only a few staff members understand English. To me it’s impossible that they hire people to work in International Airport without any knowledge at all. There are no sitting area available to rest, all benches and chars has a singular occupation divider. Lack of check-in services, no express electronic terminals, at some point its like cave man century. Plan your trip very well, and use any other airport but never Barcelona!
Date VisitAugust 2019

"Eat before you get to the airport"

Not Verified | Beware if traveling on easyJet to the UK. the departure lounge (gate M) is exclusive to easyJet flights and has nothing there other than a small duty free shop (does anyone actually buy from here anymore?!) and a cafe offering an insipid hot dog and crisps for eur12.75 chips are an extra eur5 some burger deals for an extortionate price and no other food options to buy from. We were looking forward to having Burger King as advertised now in the airport. NO that’s your lot. Eat before you get to the airport unless you are prepared to re-mortgage. The bag check staff are rude .. no easy signs to make sure you are taking out electronic equipment etc so you have to go round at least twice. Surly staff. Apart from one man on the passport control desk I was amazed but maybe it’s because we were leaving! EasyJet you are not looking after your passengers.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"Some of the security staff were extremely rude"

Not Verified | Very poor experience in security - on entry to the area there was hardly any space for people to load trays with their loose items, toiletries etc. and no staff or signage to assist or direct people. This led to a bunching up of people prior to going through the scanners and a lot of confusion. Some of the security staff were extremely rude - despite us and those around us trying to cooperate. My partner was spoken to very rudely (unprofessionally so) because he had forgotten to put his sunglasses on the conveyor (again, some assistance beforehand would have avoided this). He was still being 'told off' while he was trying to comply! We know security have to do their job but no need to treat people like cattle.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"whole experience was embarrassing and inappropriate"

Not Verified | Very disappointed by the behavior of the security. They were very rude and in their incivility they subjected my family to 3 so called random searches within 30 minutes. It becomes a statistical fallacy when one individual family on vacation is subjected to 3 searches in a half hour period. That is a bogus excuse for randomness. Worse still the insistence of a lady officer to do a pat down when I insisted that it would be a violation is detestable and repugnant. I requested that a male officer be brought to do the pat down and this lady refused and went ahead. The whole experience was embarrassing and inappropriate. I deserve an apology from this airport.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"how this airport functions is a surprise"

Not Verified | I must reiterate all that is said before, how this airport functions is a surprise. My arrival at the location was fairly easy but having flown through before I am still astounded that in a country where the outside temperature was about 30C haven't bothered with real air conditioning! Be prepared for a hot and uncomfortable visit if you have to wait for anything! On departure back home we had be forewarned that the Security staff were limited and striking so take extra time. I arrived 4 hours early and survived security, which I would describe as a whole lot of people shouting at each other! Then to Passport control with the officer barely even acknowledging my existence. Having passed safely through I was feeling great that now we could get a coffee and have a browse at the shops, how wrong I was. I was flying from Gate D on the top floor and was greeted with a Glass wall looking down onto the massive shopping area which apparently I couldn't visit. There is nothing more frustrating than thinking, "Surely there is a way down? Maybe I'm going mad?" No you cannot go to the shops if you depart from gate D or E! Having spent a good 30 minutes walking up and down with the family and checking for signs it was obvious that zero consideration was given and you are effectively trapped. I have never been to any other airport with such a ridiculous situation exists. My family require Gluten free food and absolutely zero effort has been made at Gate D or E so we had have over priced crisps for dinner! If you wish to attend this promised land of food and shops then do not enter security gates after initial check in if flying from gate D or E. Look for the tiny, tiny sign saying "las tiendas del aeropuerto". Good luck!
Date VisitAugust 2019

"denied access to priority security"

Trip Verified | I am traveling from Barcelona, while pregnant (25 weeks) and was denied the access to the priority security line which allows families. On my flight from Alicante to Barcelona such access was allowed and i was surprised that in Barcelona that has a lot of pride to be the top Spanish tourist destination such access was denied. Second, the agent pointed on the baby (a few month old) that was passing and highlighted families with babies only.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"Not recommended at all"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Bad, bad airport, no air conditioning in the middle of the day in August. Late boarding, no signs to find car return, bad experience. Not recommended at all.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"airport is a national disgrace"

Trip Verified | Departed from gate D. Couldn’t access shops or food area. Only one small cafe with over 50 ppl waiting. I opted for something from the vending machine instead. What sort of short sighted idiocy prevents international travellers from spending money at the airport? Don’t you like money Barcelona? Staff are rude. You need to remind your security and customs service that their job isn’t to treat people like animals or worse. My experience diminished my opinion of Barcelona and the intellect of the airport staff and architects. This airport is a national disgrace.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"Worst experience in any airport"

Not Verified | As mentioned by previous reviewers, this airport has a weird situation in that duty free is between security and passport control not like other airports.Like previous posters I was directed to passport control by a female attendant and was trapped up on floor D and E, not realising I couldn't get down to the shops below, there are no signs about this, and I had 4 hours until my flight.I went to one of the police men at passport control to ask how I could get down and he said it was impossible.I explained that the lady sent me this way and I had four hours to my flight.He asked what time was my flight to which I replied 25 past 7.At this point he started to give out to me and shout in Spanish and then said slow down.I repeated 7.25 slowly and then he lost the plot and started screaming and shouting at me in Spanish, banging his chest and then said respect the police. At this point I was on the brink of crying, he kept on shouting at me in Spanish, I replied I don'y understand Spanish, more tirade from him and then he said I don't speak english, I said but you work in the airport, more tirade so I had to walk away from him. Worst experience of my life in any airport and no need for it.
Date VisitJuly 2019