Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport

"no possibility to smoke"

Not Verified | After an 11 hour flight, there was no possibility to smoke a cigarette. I have to wait 2 hours more for connection flight. I will never use Thai Airways again to avoid such. Better fly with Singapore Airlines, they have also non smoking policies but you find place where you can smoke.

"avoid Bangkok airport"

Not Verified | I'm surprised that the airport declared non-smoking. Even Singapore who is quite against smokers has multiple smoking rooms in all its terminals. I'll avoid Bangkok airport in the future. If they do not know how to respect human rights, I'm not prepared to support them.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"Airport is uncomfortably hot"

Not Verified | Airport is uncomfortably hot, bathrooms smell and are not very clean, layout is terrible. Nothing to do other than shop, food is ridiculously expensive (US$16 for a Whopper meal). Had a 6 hour layover here and couldn't even get my boarding pass until 2 hours prior to boarding.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"2 hour wait by the luggage belt"

Trip Verified | Arrived at BKK airport in early October and departed a week later. I have used BKK airport many times in the past 3 years. Overall it's a decent airport despite the large scale. Normally the biggest issue at BKK airport is the long queue in immigration. I was lucky this time as when I arrived there was almost no queue. The drama started after the great first impression. Due to bad weather the airport had to suspend all ground service. As a result we were waiting by the luggage reclaim belt for a long time until we saw a signed saying the ground service is suspended. Then we waited for longer and finally a ground staff came to inform us the luggage wouldn't be delivered any time soon. And when the ground service resumed we were shocked to see other flights that landed much later have their luggage delivered earlier than our flight which landed 2 hours ago. All in all a 2 hour wait by the luggage belt without much information isn't a pleasant experience and should have been dealt with better.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"A/C unable to cope with tropical sun"

Trip Verified | Airport seems designed for a temperate zone, A/C unable to cope with tropical sun. Most parts of the airport are warm during the day and most travellers can be seen huddling around the A/C vents. At least the interior is bright.

"Very disappointing experience"

Trip Verified | Very disappointing experience. Impolite staff at the information desk, one passenger who was in hurry asked few times the same question and the employee screamed on him!! Never seen anything like that. Very poor duty free. No smoking area which is really a big issue after you travel for hours and you have to wait for a connecting flight. I think I will never fly again with Thai just to avoid the transit at this airport.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"was warm and unpleasant"

Trip Verified | I had a nine hour layover in this airport recently. I decided that on arrival I would transit (from international arrivals to international departures), buy a book to read and spend some time in a pay lounge. Arrival was at a gate (instead of standing remotely, as is often the case), about 400 metres walk to the transit area, and there were moving walkways most people used. When I arrived at transit security there was a line of about 50 people, staff looked to be under pressure and were grumpy, but I still was able to get through to the departure level in a reasonably short time. I then managed to buy a novel in an Asia Books outlet that kept me entertained, but it was from a relatively small and not very interesting selection. As other posters have mentioned, the air-conditioning in this building is not great, and the area I found myself in was warm and unpleasant. Instead of waiting in this area (my pay lounge booking still required a wait of several hours before I could enter), I went searching for a better place and found one in F area that at this time of day definitely was cooler and a seat became available not long after I arrived. I connected to the free airport wifi (I normally use AIS free airport wifi), but even though in my experience it's an OK service, it is limited to a couple of hours, so something to keep in mind. While I waited I avoided going near any food outlets as their pricing is probably three or four times what you’d pay elsewhere. It’s true that there’s a food court in the building, but that is landside, and not available in International Departures, where you can expect to pay four times the street price for a bottle of water, and four times the street price for a typical Thai treat, mango with sticky rice. Outlets are often crowded and the staff rude: I don't see the value. I used a pay lounge (I bought entry through a third party before I arrived in BKK) which offered free wifi for the time I was there, comfortable seating, a wide range of hot and cold foods from a buffet selection, drinks (water, fruit juices, beer and wine) — and importantly, shower facilities. it cost about B1,000 but compared to the cost of buying these products and services ‘unbundled’ elsewhere in Departures, it was good value. Closer to departure time, the walk from the lounge to my departure gate meant walking from one side of the terminal (F) to the other (A), taking more than 20 minutes. There’s very little in the way of moving walkways when you move across the terminal, so until you get to the departure area there’s little choice but to keep walking (much easier if you only have the lightest cabin baggage with you). Maybe the airport wants people to embark on a buying expedition through the shops on either side, but in my opinion there are better bargains to be had elsewhere. Flights to Australia have an additional security check before you are allowed in the departure lounge. The staff always check for liquids, so my advice is to drink any bottled water before you arrive and if you have bought liquor at duty free, ask the sales staff about picking it up after departure gate security. The departure lounge itself had adequate seating for a heavily booked A350, and there were toilets. Overall, the airport functions OK but Singapore is a much better transit airport.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"airport is pretty worn down"

(Czech Republic)

Not Verified | Nightmare! Transiting through, spent 1 hour getting through the passport control to get in, another hour to get out. Very unpleasant staff. And that all just because of the connection to be made and the stupid decision to close all the smoking areas, they are all empty, the airport itself is pretty worn down, and they are still empty! Never again!
Date VisitJuly 2019

"appalled by this vile woman"

Trip Verified | My sister and I arrived at Bangkok airport on Thursday 25th July around 9:30pm. We were exhausted from 14 hours of flying and it was our first time in Thailand. We met the woman at passport control and I have to say that she is probably the rudest, nastiest and angriest people I have ever met in my entire life. She screamed at us, told us to go away on several occasions and physically moved us to one side. This was because we wrote down the address of our hostel incorrectly - she motioned to the woman next to us that we were stupid (she waved her hand across her forehead and rolled her eyes several times). We tried to explain that this was our first visit to Bangkok and that addresses are written differently in the UK and she told us to just shutup and go away. After shouting at us to go away, she got up and physically moved us. We were scared and anxious - thousands of people around us in a city we have never been to before. She then threatened my little sister into keeping her passport when she had done absolutely nothing wrong, she tried to ask the woman what she needed to do to get through passport control. When she finally stamped our passports after around 15 minutes of this, she looked at me and shook her head. She did not only treat us like this - many others were being screamed out and moved by her. We were appalled by this vile woman and it wasn’t not a nice start to our visit into Bangkok.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"There were no smoking rooms"

Not Verified | After having had a long flight I was expecting to be able to have a cigarette at Suvarnambhumi aaiport before taking my onward flight to Tokyo. There were no smoking rooms and the staff were really rude when I asked them if there is any facility for smoking passengers. Suvarnabhumi airport has declared war against the smoking passengers but do not cringe from receiving payment from the same passengers. Shame on Suvarnabhumi airport for being so biased against the smokers. Shame! You take away our Human Rights to smoke.
Date VisitDecember 2018