Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport

"Immigration was chaotic"

Not Verified | I was in transit to India but i had to go through immigration to collect my luggage and go through the whole process of checking in and security again. It took us four and half hours to get through all that. We nearly missed our flight to india. Immigration was chaotic. Thai Government should manage immigration process at BKK airport better if they want tourists and visitors to feel welcome. Besides this the immigration officers at the desk were so rude, a person can be firm without being rude. They looked arrogant and stupid. Contrary to that the poster behind the desk said land of smile. Boy how wrong are they. For this reason I would not recommend BKK airport to anybody.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"security seized my liquor"

Trip Verified | Having bought Duty Free liquor in Paris and being told there would be no problem there was at Bangkok. It was purchased at Duty Free in Paris and still security sealed. I went through all the security areas in Bangkok until there was a last one at the gate and I was told that because I had more than 100ml of liquid it would be seized. I told security that this was bought Duty Free in Paris and was advised that it would not be a problem and it is still security sealed. Doesn't matter, security seized my liquor, despite that they had a Duty Free store less than a 100 meters selling the same product. Its all a scam by Bangkok Airport to make you buy Duty Free from their airport. Disgraceful, airport of smiles, like hell! Never again will I transit from your airport, all you want to do is ripoff transit passengers! Yes, transit. I never left a security area with my security sealed duty free. I will always make sure to never transit or travel to Bangkok Airport! I have to give one star because I cant give you zero stars that you deserve.
Date VisitMay 2018

"It was absolute chaos"

Not Verified | International Transit through this airport yesterday was horrendous. It was absolute chaos. Arriving from London at 6.15am for a transfer to depart at 8am we were stuck in a queue that lasted from 6.15 to 7.50 and then a 5 min run to the gate arriving 5 min before the airline was due to depart. We went around the airport like sheep being corralled. IT was beyond belief that this airport treated international transit passengers with such absolute disregard. The delay was due to security with 2 scanners for what looked like 5 airlines arriving at the same time. Staff were disinterested in anyones concerns about missing their flight. Just said stay in line. Another passnger who uses this route regularly says it is always like this? What? It is 2018 not 1990's! We will not fly Thai airways again to Europe to avoid this horrible airport which is pretty sad as Thai Airways do a good job.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"very poorly managed"

https://www.airlinequality.com/verified-reviews/">Trip Verified | This was the worst experience I had ever in my 20 years of travel. We had to go through the transit lane and it was chaos, it was a scene from Titanic where people were pushing each other to get to their plane, screaming at each other, shouting etc. there were no proper lanes and worst thing is that the staff didn't care at all. They had no sense of urgency at all for people who had various planes to catch. It was very poorly managed and they have no clue what customer service is, the staff are rude and grumpy. Very bad experience and I will never travel with Thai Airways again or use them for transit etc.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"Quite disorganized airport"

(Lithuania)

Trip Verified | Self transfer cannot be so complicated. In order to stay in the same airport for few more hours I had to pay 2000 baht visa fee. Not only that, after 9hr flight it took me 2hr to get Thai visa. Luckily I found my luggage easily in Thai Airways office. Thai Smile staff could not help me in any way to stay in the transfer zone. I had to go outside and check in again to my next flight. I understand that I should pick up luggage myself, but they should not charge full visa fee just for staying few hours in the same airport. Quite disorganized airport and busy, but with lots of places to eat.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"great architectural design"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | The airport has very unique finish where the walls and ceilings are raw, without any cover or paint and this makes it environmentally-friendly. Even the cable and electric wire pipes are just nailed to the walls, and exposed, but still looks great and blends into the whole interior design concept. Great architectural design! The queue at the immigration however is too long because of the number of incoming passengers, but the immigration officers were quite fast and efficient to process the entry.
Date VisitJune 2018

"unprofessional attitude and behaviour"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Airport staff are extremely rude and not courteous at all. Customer service is not on the list at all. Children are spoken to so rudely, no smile while attending the customers. Staff need to be retrained in customer service from scratch. Extremely unprofessional attitude and behaviour.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"not give way for baby pram"

Trip Verified | No doubt beautiful airport and lay out – very bad custom officer and rude staff – would not give way for baby pram and throw baby food & nappy rash cream away. We were getting late for our connect flight – informed the staff, don’t want to talk just complete silence and pushing back in line and did not bother.
Date VisitJune 2018

"blasting out random announcements"

(Malaysia)

Not Verified | Used this airport twice in 3 weeks, plus over 50 times during last 4 years so I have a level of understanding. Immigration less than 10 minutes on both last 2 occasions. Emigration 1 hour 3 weeks ago and 10 minutes today. Clean, functional and full of decent shopping. Downsides - the continued noise in 3 languages warning of imminent departures which are not necessary. The English announcement incorrectly using the article 'of' instead of 'for' repeatedly played hundreds of times for years and years and the inability for anyone in authority to realise that such a mistake in the recording has been made and actually do anything about it. It is 28c in the departures area but you cannot sit next to the AC vents because they have loud speakers in them blasting out random announcements.
Date VisitApril 2018

"Good signage and directions"

Trip Verified | Extremely busy airport for 2am. Easy to check in and get around the airport. Good signage and directions. Smoking rooms available in the actual departure terminal. Clean and no issues through security. As a solo female traveler I was at ease in the airport and comfortable.
Date VisitApril 2018