Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport

"waiting time 1 hour at security"

Not Verified | The worst experience as a business class traveller. No seperate queues for business class and waiting time of 1 hour at security is a norm. Avoid if you can
Date VisitDecember 2018

"an average quality airport"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Bangkok is an average quality airport. Facilities and comfort are quite limited. As well as restaurants options. But the most important problem is the capacity to the staff to speak English.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"we were not aware of the rules"

(Armenia)

Not Verified | We travelled to Bangkok on a family holiday in March 2018. Since me and my wife were smokers we got two cartons of cigarettes each from the departure airport duty free and little did we know that the only one carton per person was permitted as per Thai custom rules. Since this was for personal consumption we didn't think there would be a problem but the nightmare was about to start. We didn't declare the extra pack at the customers as we were not aware of the rules and passed the customs without issues but were pulled back by a police/security officer as were trying to exchange money and asked to follow him into the Airport Customs room because the security/police guy spotted the duty free bag. These guys were not interested in anything else but cigarettes. Right from the very start we were treated with no respect whatsoever. We tried to explain that this was for personal consumption, there was no intent on selling cigarettes in Thailand when a pack of cigarettes in their country. The customs lady just wouldn't allow us to speak or say a word, we were threatened with 4 days in jail if we didn't pay the $1,000 fine. The customs lady didn’t have any concern for the kids or take into consideration that we were a family. It was a traumatizing experience for all of us. I can understand that there is a job to be done but do it with ethics, professionalism and integrity, especially when you have little children and don’t have a clue who is sitting in front of you. The troubling thing here was that we felt completely helpless and there was nobody that we could turn for help and anything could have happened to us that day in the hands of this.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"chaotic immigration"

(South Korea)

Not Verified | I been travelling to Thailand many times but never experienced a more chaotic immigration. The lines easily exceeds an hour and to make it worse, several immigration counters are closed. What a way to welcome us to Thailand!.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"Immigration was chaotic"

Not Verified | I was in transit to India but i had to go through immigration to collect my luggage and go through the whole process of checking in and security again. It took us four and half hours to get through all that. We nearly missed our flight to india. Immigration was chaotic. Thai Government should manage immigration process at BKK airport better if they want tourists and visitors to feel welcome. Besides this the immigration officers at the desk were so rude, a person can be firm without being rude. They looked arrogant and stupid. Contrary to that the poster behind the desk said land of smile. Boy how wrong are they. For this reason I would not recommend BKK airport to anybody.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"security seized my liquor"

Trip Verified | Having bought Duty Free liquor in Paris and being told there would be no problem there was at Bangkok. It was purchased at Duty Free in Paris and still security sealed. I went through all the security areas in Bangkok until there was a last one at the gate and I was told that because I had more than 100ml of liquid it would be seized. I told security that this was bought Duty Free in Paris and was advised that it would not be a problem and it is still security sealed. Doesn't matter, security seized my liquor, despite that they had a Duty Free store less than a 100 meters selling the same product. Its all a scam by Bangkok Airport to make you buy Duty Free from their airport. Disgraceful, airport of smiles, like hell! Never again will I transit from your airport, all you want to do is ripoff transit passengers! Yes, transit. I never left a security area with my security sealed duty free. I will always make sure to never transit or travel to Bangkok Airport! I have to give one star because I cant give you zero stars that you deserve.
Date VisitMay 2018

"It was absolute chaos"

Not Verified | International Transit through this airport yesterday was horrendous. It was absolute chaos. Arriving from London at 6.15am for a transfer to depart at 8am we were stuck in a queue that lasted from 6.15 to 7.50 and then a 5 min run to the gate arriving 5 min before the airline was due to depart. We went around the airport like sheep being corralled. IT was beyond belief that this airport treated international transit passengers with such absolute disregard. The delay was due to security with 2 scanners for what looked like 5 airlines arriving at the same time. Staff were disinterested in anyones concerns about missing their flight. Just said stay in line. Another passnger who uses this route regularly says it is always like this? What? It is 2018 not 1990's! We will not fly Thai airways again to Europe to avoid this horrible airport which is pretty sad as Thai Airways do a good job.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"very poorly managed"

https://www.airlinequality.com/verified-reviews/">Trip Verified | This was the worst experience I had ever in my 20 years of travel. We had to go through the transit lane and it was chaos, it was a scene from Titanic where people were pushing each other to get to their plane, screaming at each other, shouting etc. there were no proper lanes and worst thing is that the staff didn't care at all. They had no sense of urgency at all for people who had various planes to catch. It was very poorly managed and they have no clue what customer service is, the staff are rude and grumpy. Very bad experience and I will never travel with Thai Airways again or use them for transit etc.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"Quite disorganized airport"

(Lithuania)

Trip Verified | Self transfer cannot be so complicated. In order to stay in the same airport for few more hours I had to pay 2000 baht visa fee. Not only that, after 9hr flight it took me 2hr to get Thai visa. Luckily I found my luggage easily in Thai Airways office. Thai Smile staff could not help me in any way to stay in the transfer zone. I had to go outside and check in again to my next flight. I understand that I should pick up luggage myself, but they should not charge full visa fee just for staying few hours in the same airport. Quite disorganized airport and busy, but with lots of places to eat.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"great architectural design"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | The airport has very unique finish where the walls and ceilings are raw, without any cover or paint and this makes it environmentally-friendly. Even the cable and electric wire pipes are just nailed to the walls, and exposed, but still looks great and blends into the whole interior design concept. Great architectural design! The queue at the immigration however is too long because of the number of incoming passengers, but the immigration officers were quite fast and efficient to process the entry.
Date VisitJune 2018