Bangalore Airport

Bangalore Airport customer review

I have been through Bangalore airport four times in the last six years and every time the staff never fail to disgust me. At the many checkpoints especially in Departures most staff members are rude despite our cordial and polite approach with them. I sincerely hope airport officials treat reviews seriously. Foreigners' first contact with countries is at airports and impressions like these remain forever.

Bangalore Airport customer review

I have used this airport numerous times. Upon arrival there are baggage trolleys outside. Spacious separate check-in terminals for international and domestic departures and arrivals. There are two cafes for snacks etc. Gates are large with more culinary options and duty free shops here. Sometimes there is an aerobridge and sometimes just the normal platform and bus to get to the aircraft. Generally good experiences here and no long waiting times.

Bangalore Airport customer review

To make a very long story short the new airport is Bangalore has only the looks but absolutely no efficiency and no knowledgeable or helpful staff. I had a 13 hour transit at the airport. There is no transit lounge no place to deposit luggage no airport hotel. I would think that being an airport of international status they would have the above. I had to sit at the Cafe Coffee Day for 13 hours with all my luggage and I was not allowed inside the terminal until 3 hours before check out time. There aren't enough outlets outside or rather none just so that I could have plugged in my laptop. I am sure I am not a unique case. Something has to be done for the above problem.

Bangalore Airport customer review

The airport is clean with proper and adequate signs in English. The food court has limited but sufficient meal selection. Check-in was simple. Trolley easily available for moving luggage.

Bangalore Airport customer review

Clean and tidy airport. All other features are good except a few things. I was travelling with my wife who is pregnant unfortunately we got to the airport a bit early and I found nowhere for my wide to relax.

Bangalore Airport customer review

Very good airport immigration took no more than 2 minutes to clear upon departure check-in great and security line very reasonable . Food options could be better.

Bangalore Airport customer review

Having gone through the torture of Delhi airport several times the Bangalore airport is night and day. Breezed in breezed out. The waiting areas are a bit crowded for the several international flights [12-3am] but not oppressively so. As noted below I was in business and got there nearly three hours early but the business lounge did not have a single empty seat.

Bangalore Airport customer review

The facility is nice and clean but seems to be rather small for a city that is the size of Bangalore. The flight to Frankfurt was full and the waiting area was crowded. The immigration were unimpressive as far as PR is concerned but fast processing the paperwork. However the police officers in and around the security check area could speak English fluently. Baggage claim took over 30 minutes. I will give the airport a "B" when compared to other International airports.

Bangalore Airport customer review

All very nice and modern. However the security guard at the outer entrance seemed unable to read (latin letters). Instead he stared at each document for at least one minute causing a heavy queue. He accepted my e-ticket without even turning it to the front side where the crucial information about name and flight was printed. Business lounge is before the inner security check. After the experience with the outer security checks I guess everybody skips the visit there.

Bangalore Airport customer review

Now that it's more than a year since the new airport opened the operations have been streamlined a bit. Luggage arrives in the belt almost by the time one reaches the baggage collection area. Check-in fast and efficient. For transport to and from the city the BMTC Vayu Vajra buses are the best bet. Meru Cabs offers a very decent taxi service. Now for the bad part - immigration lines can be really long between 1 and 3 am. The terminal though large seems quite empty. Those spaces have to be filled with chairs for people to sit. There are hardly enough places to sit. There aren't enough food counters. The current food counters are way too expensive. It can cost up to Rs.300 to 500 for a decent breakfast. I think that's atrocious.