Baltimore Washington Airport

Baltimore Washington Airport customer review

BWI has been updated/refurbished but it seems to have suffered a decline in passenger traffic as have other airports. The one decent restaurant outside security that I remember is being made into a Subway sandwich restaurant. The two gift shops I found (Hudson News) were small and curiously did not sell TSA luggage locks (I seem to recall seeing these locks over at one of the area's other airports Washington National). Also did not sell luggage (the only place I found that sold luggage was the American Airlines counter to which I was directed by Delta Airlines; they sold only large bags none suitable for carry-on). Security line was not long and moved quickly. In Concourse C the choice for dining included an overcrowded "pub" a somewhat pricey small restaurant towards the entrance and something fas food-related.

Baltimore Washington Airport customer review

I frequently fly through BWI (every other week or so) because unfortunately this is the closest and cheapest aiport from where I live. Although departing from BWI is always a piece of cake and it really is a very nice aiport arriving here is another story. After several long waits in the baggage claim I began keeping track of the time and found that the BWI airport was adding on average 34 minutes to my trip. That's 34 minutes of just waiting in the baggage claim area. The longest wait I experienced was over an hour and that was not just for my bag but the entire flight! I'm not sure if this is simply mismanagement or if there is something else going on but after this last trip (50 min wait in baggage claim) I will avoiding flying through BWI whenever possible. I recommend the same to anyone else.

Baltimore Washington Airport customer review

Flew in on Southwest and out on AirTran. Despite the size of the airport you are at your gate within 5 minutes of landing. The Southwest terminal is very easy to get out of. Light rail is a great way to get into Baltimore City just be prepared to walk about 10 minutes if arriving on Southwest. On departure there was a short line that moved quickly with upbeat and friendly TSA officers. AirTran's terminal is basic but has everything one needs. BWI is a very nice airport

Baltimore Washington Airport customer review

The airport is nice and modern and convenient to the metro Baltimore/Washington area. There is a nice observation area in the center of the terminal prior to airside which is a good place to watch planes and/or relax prior to your flight. Unfortunately if renting a car here this is the worst airport I've ever used. The consolidated car rental facility itself is very nice and spacious however the common rental car shuttle you must take from the airport is absolutely pathetic. I've used this on multiple trips over the last several years and it's been horrible every single time. The whole idea of using a common shuttle should speed things up getting to the rental facility however there are simply not enough shuttles running. Today at 2:45pm I waited at the USAIR baggage claim along with approximately 30 other people for several minutes for the bus to come. I was standing at what I thought was the end of the line and it turned out to be where the bus stopped. I felt guilty walking on the bus in front of all the people who had been waiting however I wouldn't have gotten on the already crowded bus otherwise and furthermore there was no organized line anyway. I was the first passenger on the bus and it was already standing room only! There was absolutely no where to put the luggage and it was cramped beyond belief. This is absolutely unacceptable and this wasn't an isolated incident. I can't imagine how a handicapped person elderly person or anyone with multiple bags could manage this fiasco. There should be several other busses in line waiting at the busy baggage claim area and when one is full (meaning everyone gets a seat and has room for their luggage) the one behind it then loads passengers. Considering this services ALL rental car agencies and there aren't other busses to get there this is pathetic customer service. If you are renting a car I would not recommend using this airport especially if I you have any large luggage (try DCA or IAD). If not renting a car then the airport is great and convenient however I give this airport a poor rating due to the absymal car rental shuttle service. A business traveler needs quick and efficient service and this airport does not provide it to rental car customers. (It formerly had the rental cars on property but moved them years ago to install higer-revenue parking garages).

Baltimore Washington Airport customer review

Flew into BWI recently on Southwest. Airport is easily accessible from Baltimore city (20 min by car 30-40 min by light rail). Southwest has consolidated its two concourses with a centralized check-in desks and security lanes. Airport has been recently renovated so facilities tend to be bright and spacious. Security lanes were well-staffed and efficient. Usual mix of shops and restaurants airside. Only drawback is that there can be long walks between the gates at the end of concourses and check-in desks and/or baggage claim.

Baltimore Washington Airport customer review

I flew to BWI from LHR to take the train to Washington DC being fed up with the long immigration lines at Dulles. BWI is a modern airport which benefits from not being a main international point of entry. I was outside waiting for the shuttle to the train station about 35 minutes after getting off the plane - unheard of at IAD. But that's where the good news stops... too long to wait for the shuttle bus and the airport Amtrak station is a mess - confusing not good information and a slow slow elevator to get over to the southbound track. But DC's Union Station is a great place to arrive!

Baltimore Washington Airport customer review

Great airport with easy access to Baltimore. Interstate 195 spurs off I-95 and takes you straight to the terminal. Everything here is bright modern and flashy looking including the parking garages which are linked to the main terminal with shuttle buses that come very regularly. I flew Southwest out of BWI twice and its been great experiences a lot less crowded than other airports I've been in. There's a small aviation museum in the terminal and also an observation deck near the control tower which is good for waiting for flights. The food selection is very good and I would definitely recommend Philip's Seafood which has a location near the Southwest gates this serves authentic Baltimore crabcakes/seafood. My only real complaint about this airport is that it's actually too modern and flashy giving people false impressions of the area. Once they pass through the airport and drive into Baltimore there's in for a pretty unpleasant surprise. Besides the Aquarium no architecture in Baltimore can compare with BWI. I won't even get into why the Dominos sugar sign set on top of an abandoned factory could be considered a major landmark.

Baltimore Washington Airport customer review

We flew in and out of BWI this summer using the international terminal - how easy and quick. Very nice facility. Even we travelled with kids - checking in and the wait untill the flight was no problem. People were very friendly and helpful. BWI is a true alternative to IAD.

Baltimore Washington Airport customer review

I really like this airport. It is a good size and things move quickly. My experience of the staff tat BWI is that they have always been friendly and helpful. It feels manageable.

Baltimore Washington Airport customer review

I flew out of BWI recently to go to ORD. I like BWI because it is a managable airport. The new Southwest terminal is great. This time I flew on AA to ORD. The airport is undergoing a major refurbishment and so there are not many options when it comes to food at the moment but new restaurants should open soon. BWI is one of the most modern convenient airports in the US. It does not look tired and dated like most airports I have visited. I would recommend this airport is you live in the DC/Baltimore area.