Baltimore Washington Airport

"Not TSA’s finest moment"

Not Verified | I arrived at the airport at 5:00am for a 6:20am flight. TSA only had checkpoint B open and A and C was closed for general boarding. There was an 45 min plus wait to get through. Oddly enough, checkpoints A and C were open for Clear customers. I missed my flight. So, if you pay extra for Clear, you get next level service even though I am already paying for TSA via taxes and fees. Not TSA’s finest moment. To be fair, I fly 4-7 times a month and this is the first time I have encountered today’s fiasco.
Date VisitMay 2019

"Worst luggage service"

Not Verified | Worst luggage service from plane to terminal that I have ever encountered! It should not take 45 minutes for luggage to come off the plane into the airport! Our flight straight up disappeared off the carousel board and then another plane got their luggage before us. Not good service.
Date VisitApril 2019

"one of the worst"

Trip Verified | It’s amazing how the airport authority has taken one of the best business airports in the country to one of the worst. Rental cars are insane distance away. Then the walk to the rental car pick up shuttle is just as bad. TSA is slow and the agents care more about who did what last night than moving things along quickly. They are among the most unfriendly in the country. I always fly Southwest out of BWI. Either to there or changing planes. They also have the distinction of having the most unfriendly southwest agents working the gates. Attitude and could care less about customer service. If this hub changed I, as well as a great number of road warriors would welcome the change. I use other airlines as much as possibly now to avoid this airport. And you want attitude or poor customer service. Get a cab at the airport to one of the hotels in the hotel zone. Yeah, maybe i don’t want to wait in the weather for a shuttle bus. God Forbid. The cab drives are rude and will have meltdowns when you tell them where you are going. I tip hefty and would have done more for them than most...but not when they cop an attitude. Again, one of the least pleasant airports to fly into. Make it even better, utilize the end of Concourse C and no moving sidewalks.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"Disgusting bathrooms"

Not Verified | Disgusting bathrooms and worst TSA I've ever seen. The TSA agents were completely unorginized and seemed far more worried about chatting and laughing with each other than screening passengers. I know bathrooms can get dirty quickly but with how disgusting the bathroom was I can't imagine it had been cleaned in days. One factor keeping me from relocating to or even wanting to travel to Baltimore is BWI.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"the worst when getting baggage"

Not Verified | This is absolutely the worst airport when getting baggage after a flight. It takes at least half an hour every time we arrive except when on an extremely small airplane. We pay airport fees don't we? This has been the case every time we fly into the airport. We have priority baggage but it's disgusting because it never gets out earlier. Would it help to write our representatives in the US Congress or in Md? I am so disgusted with the lack of service at BWI. The airport is close by and it's not worth making the trek to Regan or Dulles. What can we do as passengers to improve this unacceptable situation?
Date VisitOctober 2018

"arriving is the worst"

Trip Verified | Of the three airports in the Washington/Baltimore region the one I dread arriving at is BWI. Now yes the A and B concourses for Southwest are very nice as is the rest of the airport, but arriving is the worst! It takes so long for luggage to arrive at the carousel that I receive my luggage quicker at Dulles arriving on an international flight with two or three times as many passengers!
Date VisitJuly 2018

"awful TSA security"

Not Verified | Just had an awful TSA security experience. Very long initial line moving very slowly, even though airport in general apparently not too busy. But then we were diverted to a different line that moved even more slowly while we watched many others who had been far behind us pass right on thru the other lines. TSA employees seemed totally indifferent and not interested in trying to improve the situation. Even our 10-year old son said, "that was by far the worst airport security we've ever had." What's going on BWI? Other airports seem to be doing much better.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"Can't we do any better?"

Not Verified | I travel through this airport often, so I know from experience that the TSA, baggage handlers and other airport employees at Baltimore Washington International Airport are the rudest and most arrogant group that I have interacted with in this country and Europe. The worst part is that I come from this area and I am embarrassed by the terrible first impression that these people make on the millions of visitors that have had the misfortune to pass through this airport. Can't we do any better? How about a class on common courtesy?
Date VisitMay 2018

"work on their arrival process"

Trip Verified | Baltimore Washington is my home airport and generally I have no issues with it. That was my experience for the departure. Check in was a breeze. Actually, since Southwest accounts for 70% of the flights at BWI, if you are on another airline it is usually easy. We were flying British Airways. After check in we had a nice meal at Passports Bar and Grill which was right next to our gate. Finished our meal, got on the plane and flew! Easy! Then there was the return. Not as good. First, we stood in line to check in at the kiosks. Then we stood in line to go through customs. The flight had 200+ people on board and there were two agents to process us. It seemed like a long time. Then finally when we got our bags there was yet a third line to get outside. I honestly have no idea what that last line was for. I thought they were going to check our bags and bag receipts to make sure we had the right luggage, but when we finally got to the front of the line we were just waived through. BWI is expanding their international section with the plan to attract more international flights. If they do, they definitely have to work on their arrival process.
Date VisitMay 2018

"the worst airport I’ve ever been to"

Not Verified | This was painfully the worst airport I’ve ever been to. First of all navigating through is all backwards. The staff are extremely rude. I went through TSA checkpoint and the guy working “forgot” he let me though when there was no one behind me and made me go through again. The bartender at the green turtle was hands downs the rudest bartender I’ve ever delt with. I then tried to just get fries from McDonalds and the woman taking my order didn’t smile, didn’t ask what she could get for me, just stared at me hanging / slouching over her computer. Lastly my flights were delayed three times. To get home I had to book a flight through another airline and I had 30 mins to walk out of the concourse and go back through security. When I got back in line was being yelled and had very inappropriate comments from the staff to me and felt extremely uncomfortable. I’ve flown through BWI countless times and this will be the absolute last!
Date VisitFebruary 2018