Baltimore Washington Airport

"I am thoroughly unhappy with the service at this airport"

Not Verified | I am thoroughly unhappy with the service at this airport. The removal of skycaps was a terrible disservice to your customers, especially those who are in need of assistance. My 93-year-old mother was brought a wheelchair to the ramp and told, "Oh, I can't push her to baggage. Someone else will have to help you." I had recently had a left hip surgery and had to push my mother in order to get down to the baggage area. How can an airport with this much traffic, not set up a contract to help with their customers in need of wheelchair assistance? Please consider hiring a group through a contract that can help with this service. Our senior population is neglected in so many ways and the airport should not be one of those places. I wish that you would consider addressing my concerns. Thank you.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"avoid this airport for future travel"

Not Verified | Having been to many airports, I found BWI to be the worst customer friendly ever! Total chaos, and not very helpful staff (rude), when asking questions. TSA/Security were the worst, barking orders and talk to customers with total disrespect. I have never encountered such rudeness. We will surely avoid this airport for future travel.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"has the absolute worst TSA system"

Trip Verified | Baltimore/Washington International Airport (Concourses D) has the absolute worst TSA system. There was not a designated Pre-TSA line and when I was asked to remove my shoes I told them I was Pre-TSA. The guy said ok, but a lady with a very nasty attitude told him no she needs to show her boarding pass but by this time my purse and phone with the boarding pass had already gone though the machine and they wouldn’t pass it back. Now keep in mind that I paid $85 not to remove my shoes and I wasn’t prepared so I was wearing shoes where I didn’t have on socks. But that’s not the point. The point is their system should be set up correctly for Pre-TSA customers. Then to make matters worse my purse had been pulled for extra checking and when they didn’t find me because I was being held up because of the shoes situation they made me wait while they checked others when I finally made it though the line and held me there for more than 5 minutes. Then found absolutely nothing in my purse. When he couldn’t find anything he took everything out to say that I was good. So back to my point. Baltimore/Washington International Airport (Concourses D) has the absolute worst TSA in my travels and I travel all over and a lot.
Date VisitApril 2021

"Very unpleasant experience"

Not Verified | One of the most annoying airports for two reasons. First the rudest and angriest airport workers I have ever seen. Second the rent a car experience is horrible, nothing telling you when you arrive that you need to takes shuttle bus to a special facility that is quite a distance away. Asking people working there where to go is not pleasant. Took a while to find one to tell me. Very unpleasant experience.
Date VisitMarch 2021

"the people with the nastiest attitudes work here"

Not Verified | Is there a standard issue bad attitude that comes with the TSA and ticket agents? It seems as though the people with the nastiest attitudes work here. Its annoying and unnecessary.
Date VisitFebruary 2021

"by far the worst TSA I have experienced"

Not Verified | I have traveled all over the world. This is by far the worst TSA I have experienced. It takes them forever even in TSA prechecked. You have to throw away hair products under 5 ounces. They don't even go by their own guidelines. Good luck if you have to fly, through this airport.
Date VisitDecember 2020

"Worst rental car bus service"

Not Verified | Worst rental car bus service. I am stopping all my company business travel through BWI. Busses do not come often enough for the traffic. Could not fit in two busses, then when I did they were packed in like sardines. Took a long time to get to rental car lot. On return missed my flight to do this.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"30-minute wait for a rental car shuttle"

Not Verified | Wow, not a real airport. A 30-minute wait for a rental car shuttle. The obviously crowded bus as people have been gathering for so long like most airports nowadays. "Who cares, use a different airport if you don't like it".
Date VisitOctober 2019

"TSA employees are the nastiest"

Trip Verified | I have been flying often for over 30 years mostly work related. I have utilized more than 55 airports in 10 countries both before and after 9/11. I have always loved BWI because it is very convenient for me. The TSA employees are by far the nastiest to traveling public than the security staff at any other airport. I truly believe the TSA staff at BWI actually hate the traveling public for making them work. Most obviously the way African American TSA employees interact with Non-Hispanic white travelers. This racist treatment toward Non-Hispanic whites extends beyond the TSA employees but most BWI employees down to and including the BWI parking shuttle bus drivers seem to have this hatred of people of light skin. I have not noticed the Airline direct employees acting in this manor what so ever.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"awful, awful place"

Baltimore is a beautiful, modern airport but is poorly designed, like a maze, and passenger/user unfriendly in the extreme. Sadly, the airport employees/TSA are shockingly rude and even hostile to varying degrees. This, I find is a mirror-reflection of the Baltimore area in general. Never have I encountered such rude, arrogant, unpleasant people in my life. What is it about Baltimore that just can't help but bring out the worst in people? As I said, the place is as confusing as a maze, so be prepared to spend an hour looking for your car, as the A,B,C,D,E,F,G, etc. parking lot designations don't follow any logical sequence and abruptly end and confuse the heck out of people! I spent almost an hour trying to find my car! When I asked a passing TSA employee for directions, I was given the rudest "I have no idea"! rebuff I have ever experienced at any airport! To add insult to injury, I became so agitated that I started to experience rising blood pressure and dangerous light-headedness/angina. In all the unpleasantness of this BWI place, I inadvertently dropped my ticket somewhere searching in vain for my car. I then spent another 30 minutes looking for my parking ticket, in vain as well. I only found my car by pure luck, even though I had written down its precise location in the parking lot. It cost me $22 to get out of that BWI hellhole. (I am thinking of another word, not appropriate to use). I got the feeling that if, I had in fact, suddenly collapsed from a heart attack, absolutely no one working there would have done a thing! I am really disgusted by that place! If I could give ZERO stars to BWI airport I would. Sadly, the airport management couldn't care less and the (government) employees are absolutely unaccountable to the public. Awful, awful, awful place! Try to avoid it if you can.
Date VisitJune 2019