Baltimore Washington Airport

"30-minute wait for a rental car shuttle"

Not Verified | Wow, not a real airport. A 30-minute wait for a rental car shuttle. The obviously crowded bus as people have been gathering for so long like most airports nowadays. "Who cares, use a different airport if you don't like it".
Date VisitOctober 2019

"TSA employees are the nastiest"

Trip Verified | I have been flying often for over 30 years mostly work related. I have utilized more than 55 airports in 10 countries both before and after 9/11. I have always loved BWI because it is very convenient for me. The TSA employees are by far the nastiest to traveling public than the security staff at any other airport. I truly believe the TSA staff at BWI actually hate the traveling public for making them work. Most obviously the way African American TSA employees interact with Non-Hispanic white travelers. This racist treatment toward Non-Hispanic whites extends beyond the TSA employees but most BWI employees down to and including the BWI parking shuttle bus drivers seem to have this hatred of people of light skin. I have not noticed the Airline direct employees acting in this manor what so ever.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"awful, awful place"

Baltimore is a beautiful, modern airport but is poorly designed, like a maze, and passenger/user unfriendly in the extreme. Sadly, the airport employees/TSA are shockingly rude and even hostile to varying degrees. This, I find is a mirror-reflection of the Baltimore area in general. Never have I encountered such rude, arrogant, unpleasant people in my life. What is it about Baltimore that just can't help but bring out the worst in people? As I said, the place is as confusing as a maze, so be prepared to spend an hour looking for your car, as the A,B,C,D,E,F,G, etc. parking lot designations don't follow any logical sequence and abruptly end and confuse the heck out of people! I spent almost an hour trying to find my car! When I asked a passing TSA employee for directions, I was given the rudest "I have no idea"! rebuff I have ever experienced at any airport! To add insult to injury, I became so agitated that I started to experience rising blood pressure and dangerous light-headedness/angina. In all the unpleasantness of this BWI place, I inadvertently dropped my ticket somewhere searching in vain for my car. I then spent another 30 minutes looking for my parking ticket, in vain as well. I only found my car by pure luck, even though I had written down its precise location in the parking lot. It cost me $22 to get out of that BWI hellhole. (I am thinking of another word, not appropriate to use). I got the feeling that if, I had in fact, suddenly collapsed from a heart attack, absolutely no one working there would have done a thing! I am really disgusted by that place! If I could give ZERO stars to BWI airport I would. Sadly, the airport management couldn't care less and the (government) employees are absolutely unaccountable to the public. Awful, awful, awful place! Try to avoid it if you can.
Date VisitJune 2019

"Not TSA’s finest moment"

Not Verified | I arrived at the airport at 5:00am for a 6:20am flight. TSA only had checkpoint B open and A and C was closed for general boarding. There was an 45 min plus wait to get through. Oddly enough, checkpoints A and C were open for Clear customers. I missed my flight. So, if you pay extra for Clear, you get next level service even though I am already paying for TSA via taxes and fees. Not TSA’s finest moment. To be fair, I fly 4-7 times a month and this is the first time I have encountered today’s fiasco.
Date VisitMay 2019

"Worst luggage service"

Not Verified | Worst luggage service from plane to terminal that I have ever encountered! It should not take 45 minutes for luggage to come off the plane into the airport! Our flight straight up disappeared off the carousel board and then another plane got their luggage before us. Not good service.
Date VisitApril 2019

"one of the worst"

Trip Verified | It’s amazing how the airport authority has taken one of the best business airports in the country to one of the worst. Rental cars are insane distance away. Then the walk to the rental car pick up shuttle is just as bad. TSA is slow and the agents care more about who did what last night than moving things along quickly. They are among the most unfriendly in the country. I always fly Southwest out of BWI. Either to there or changing planes. They also have the distinction of having the most unfriendly southwest agents working the gates. Attitude and could care less about customer service. If this hub changed I, as well as a great number of road warriors would welcome the change. I use other airlines as much as possibly now to avoid this airport. And you want attitude or poor customer service. Get a cab at the airport to one of the hotels in the hotel zone. Yeah, maybe i don’t want to wait in the weather for a shuttle bus. God Forbid. The cab drives are rude and will have meltdowns when you tell them where you are going. I tip hefty and would have done more for them than most...but not when they cop an attitude. Again, one of the least pleasant airports to fly into. Make it even better, utilize the end of Concourse C and no moving sidewalks.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"Disgusting bathrooms"

Not Verified | Disgusting bathrooms and worst TSA I've ever seen. The TSA agents were completely unorginized and seemed far more worried about chatting and laughing with each other than screening passengers. I know bathrooms can get dirty quickly but with how disgusting the bathroom was I can't imagine it had been cleaned in days. One factor keeping me from relocating to or even wanting to travel to Baltimore is BWI.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"the worst when getting baggage"

Not Verified | This is absolutely the worst airport when getting baggage after a flight. It takes at least half an hour every time we arrive except when on an extremely small airplane. We pay airport fees don't we? This has been the case every time we fly into the airport. We have priority baggage but it's disgusting because it never gets out earlier. Would it help to write our representatives in the US Congress or in Md? I am so disgusted with the lack of service at BWI. The airport is close by and it's not worth making the trek to Regan or Dulles. What can we do as passengers to improve this unacceptable situation?
Date VisitOctober 2018

"arriving is the worst"

Trip Verified | Of the three airports in the Washington/Baltimore region the one I dread arriving at is BWI. Now yes the A and B concourses for Southwest are very nice as is the rest of the airport, but arriving is the worst! It takes so long for luggage to arrive at the carousel that I receive my luggage quicker at Dulles arriving on an international flight with two or three times as many passengers!
Date VisitJuly 2018

"awful TSA security"

Not Verified | Just had an awful TSA security experience. Very long initial line moving very slowly, even though airport in general apparently not too busy. But then we were diverted to a different line that moved even more slowly while we watched many others who had been far behind us pass right on thru the other lines. TSA employees seemed totally indifferent and not interested in trying to improve the situation. Even our 10-year old son said, "that was by far the worst airport security we've ever had." What's going on BWI? Other airports seem to be doing much better.
Date VisitJuly 2018