Bahrain Airport

"everything went really smooth"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | The Airport was quiet and everything went really smooth. The staff were professional and did not give me a hard time while checking in and during customs/immigration. Toilets and lounge were clean and comfortable to use. The wifi was also very reliable.
Date VisitNovember 2022

"Airport is clean and well put together"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | The Airport is clean and well put together. Food options have increased after adding KFC and TGI Friday's alongside Burger King. The guy at the check-in counter gave us a hard time because he kept enquiring about our Singapore Visas (even though for Bahrainis going to Singapore there is a Visa on Arrival) and I kept telling him that I’d been to Singapore 4 times already and I’d never had to apply for a pre-departure Visa but he kept asking his colleagues about it. The staff at the Pearl Lounge were friendly and I loved the free Evian Bottles.
Date VisitOctober 2022

"Very neat and clean facilities"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | As a Bahraini I’m really proud of this airport. Very neat and clean facilities and very well organized with easy signage and boarding procedures. Toilets are super clean and well attended. Some cons I would give are a lack of food options and the service at check in counters can be a little slow. Additionally, I wish there was a Marhaba lounge that allowed access to non-Amex credit card holders as well. Other than that, bravo.
Date VisitJuly 2022

"totally unacceptable"

Not Verified | Sloppy visa service for on-arrival facility. When I arrived at the main immigration desk the 1 lone Bahraini guy was very helpful and gave me the appropriate advice for visa type that I required (though I already knew) but then directed me to a separate desk where I ended up waiting for 20 minutes for a chap to finally turn up after making 3 enquiries and with 3 people already ahead of me! He just needed to tap a few buttons on a self-service machine to issue the receipt and stamp the passport! How he would have coped if there were ordinarily more passengers is a scary thought. He knew the flight was coming in from S. Asia and that attitude is totally unacceptable.
Date VisitMay 2022

"airport staff were friendly and helpful!"

Not Verified | Amazing new airport. So stunning and modern! And for some reason the Arabic calls for when it was the last call for a flight were so satisfying! Shopping looked amazing, food was ok, mainly fast food. The airport wasn't busy at all, the terminal was clean and airport staff were friendly and helpful! It would be 10/10 if free wifi was better, for some reason Sialkot Airport in Pakistan literally had better wifi than a modern Bahraini Airport. But seriously great job Bahrain!
Date VisitAugust 2021

"arrivals process was exceptionally efficient"

(Bahrain)

Not Verified | The new state of the art terminal is a welcome change from its predecessor. Abundant natural lighting, spacious and comfortable, with 2 cultural galleries that were a welcome addition to my travel experience. Staff were friendly and the lounge was well serviced and quiet. The arrivals process as well was exceptionally efficient. Most of the bags had already been delivered by the time I reached the baggage belt.
Date VisitJune 2021

"zero social distancing being practiced"

Trip Verified | If you're considering a stopover/layover flight in Bahrain, do not come up your waiting time is longer than 1h. I had to stay for 9hours, I'm currently only 2hours into my 9h wait for my flight to London and I regret it. This type of airport is not suitable for any stay longer than 1h. Internet is only 45mins (if it works). Facilities are poor, there aren't sockets for you to charge your device, it is like finding good. There was zero social distancing being practiced, I also noticed multiple members of staff not wearing their mask properly, there is not point having a mask if you’re using it to cover your chin. Many passengers were not wearing masks either and no one was asking to put it on. No temperature scanning. Just stickers on chairs. I recommend wearing more than one mask. I have also had to endure a stench of faeces from what I think is a broken toilet facility for 3 hours before it was dealt with, and had to deal with the staff at duty free shouting out loud every 5mins "It smells like poo!". Every 5 minutes, if even staff is shouting about the disgusting smell, how do you think your customers feel? I had a good holiday in Dubai, but this stopover in this airport has ruined my trip. You would think you came here for free, but no you pay your hard earned money to feel like you're stranded in a place that has been neglected for years. I strongly advise against coming to this airport, unless you are coming for one hour max. I ended up crying out of the frustration and regret of being here (and of course staff walked past like I was invisible, they're already treating you like you're a nuisance for even asking for information). These people will treat you like they hate you. I have decided to save myself peace of mind and never travel with Gulf Air again. This bad treatment and experience is not work the cheap flight ticket. I also tried to go to a hotel but I was told I cannot leave the airport, I was willing to waste money on a hotel because of how terrible this place is, and they refused. If I could give this place 0 stars, I would. Avoid this airline at all costs, but if you must please let it be only for 1-2hours max.
Date VisitDecember 2020

"rude, rough and impolite attitude"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Worst experience ever. If you traveling thru this airport then be prepared for a rude, rough and impolite attitude from customer service, security guards and Gulf Air representatives. No services, no WIFI, no person eager to help, my connection flight was within 45 min only and I was begging everyone to help so I arrived on time! Airport is so small, seating areas are awful. Although, the airline was good "price are competitive" but I will not use it anymore due to its airport.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"no apology offered"

Not Verified | Worst experience I have ever had in my life! I have been to many airports and the customer service at this airport is by far the worst. Due to a series of incompetencies, I missed my flight and there was no apology offered nor any effort to help was made. This meant that I had to purchase another ticket and wait almost 16 hours to take the next flight. Even then they tried to rip me off and offer me an economy class one way ticket for £900! Appalling service overall and I strongly advise to avoid this airport if you are able to.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"odd airport with worrying security"

Not Verified | An odd airport with worrying security as I was carrying liquids my son’s medication which was not checked. Just prior to boarding they announced a further security check of bags / passports and again nothing was questioned. The further security check was last minute unnerved me. The sky bar upstairs is awful, strong smell of cigarettes and was drab in decor. I would be reluctant to fly from here and use Gulf air for that matter !
Date VisitNovember 2019