Bahrain Airport

"zero social distancing being practiced"

Trip Verified | If you're considering a stopover/layover flight in Bahrain, do not come up your waiting time is longer than 1h. I had to stay for 9hours, I'm currently only 2hours into my 9h wait for my flight to London and I regret it. This type of airport is not suitable for any stay longer than 1h. Internet is only 45mins (if it works). Facilities are poor, there aren't sockets for you to charge your device, it is like finding good. There was zero social distancing being practiced, I also noticed multiple members of staff not wearing their mask properly, there is not point having a mask if you’re using it to cover your chin. Many passengers were not wearing masks either and no one was asking to put it on. No temperature scanning. Just stickers on chairs. I recommend wearing more than one mask. I have also had to endure a stench of faeces from what I think is a broken toilet facility for 3 hours before it was dealt with, and had to deal with the staff at duty free shouting out loud every 5mins "It smells like poo!". Every 5 minutes, if even staff is shouting about the disgusting smell, how do you think your customers feel? I had a good holiday in Dubai, but this stopover in this airport has ruined my trip. You would think you came here for free, but no you pay your hard earned money to feel like you're stranded in a place that has been neglected for years. I strongly advise against coming to this airport, unless you are coming for one hour max. I ended up crying out of the frustration and regret of being here (and of course staff walked past like I was invisible, they're already treating you like you're a nuisance for even asking for information). These people will treat you like they hate you. I have decided to save myself peace of mind and never travel with Gulf Air again. This bad treatment and experience is not work the cheap flight ticket. I also tried to go to a hotel but I was told I cannot leave the airport, I was willing to waste money on a hotel because of how terrible this place is, and they refused. If I could give this place 0 stars, I would. Avoid this airline at all costs, but if you must please let it be only for 1-2hours max.
Date VisitDecember 2020

"rude, rough and impolite attitude"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Worst experience ever. If you traveling thru this airport then be prepared for a rude, rough and impolite attitude from customer service, security guards and Gulf Air representatives. No services, no WIFI, no person eager to help, my connection flight was within 45 min only and I was begging everyone to help so I arrived on time! Airport is so small, seating areas are awful. Although, the airline was good "price are competitive" but I will not use it anymore due to its airport.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"no apology offered"

Not Verified | Worst experience I have ever had in my life! I have been to many airports and the customer service at this airport is by far the worst. Due to a series of incompetencies, I missed my flight and there was no apology offered nor any effort to help was made. This meant that I had to purchase another ticket and wait almost 16 hours to take the next flight. Even then they tried to rip me off and offer me an economy class one way ticket for £900! Appalling service overall and I strongly advise to avoid this airport if you are able to.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"odd airport with worrying security"

Not Verified | An odd airport with worrying security as I was carrying liquids my son’s medication which was not checked. Just prior to boarding they announced a further security check of bags / passports and again nothing was questioned. The further security check was last minute unnerved me. The sky bar upstairs is awful, strong smell of cigarettes and was drab in decor. I would be reluctant to fly from here and use Gulf air for that matter !
Date VisitNovember 2019

"Seats provided are very poor"

Not Verified | There is no wifi in the airport, there are are ads showing wifi but it does not work. Seats provided are very poor which will surely lead to back pain.
Date VisitMarch 2019

"double standards at this airport"

Trip Verified | If your are a expat traveling through Bahrain airport be prepared to be treated differently to the locals. I fly buissness class via Bahrain at least twice a month and always arrive 6/7 hours before the 00:30 flight. I have done this for over a year and have taken advantage of the well defined procedure at the business lounge of paying a reasonable fee to use their facilities for more than 3 hours before the flight. Today for reasons not explained I have been stopped from going through to departures until 3 hours before my flight. Leaving me having to sit outside for 4 hours, whilst I watch local co-workers on the same flight being allowed to go through! Clearly there is a set of double standards at this airport. Very disappointed. I started to use this airport a year ago due to delays at another. I am now exploring leaving this airport and flying from a competitor. The attitude of the airport staff here is very dated towards business customers.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"modern and spacious"

Not Verified | I was connecting through on Gulf Air to Sri Lanka, the airport is fairly modern and spacious. It has large windows the let in lots of natural light. However in traditional airport fashion is was very expensive with limited food availability. If you are connecting use the left hand queue at transit security as it is much faster.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"pleasure using this airport"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | Bahrain airport is lot local one, quite small, but does provide all that a small island needs. There are plenty of check in desks, but only one route to proceed from them to the first safety check so this can be crowded at times. But when in the rush staff is usually helpful to usher you trough so you are at the gates on time. Choice of lounges is good, restaurants and cafes as well. We travel with kids and always use the lounge and are very happy with its location and access to the gates. Staff doing security checks is professional, there are plenty of airport employees luggage helpers working for a set fee but not being pushy or invasive. Overall it’s been a pleasure using this airport on average 6-10 times a year for the past 4 years.
Date VisitApril 2018

"very easy to navigate"

Trip Verified | Contrary to some negative reviews, this is not a bad airport by any means. Sure it's small, but very easy to navigate your way around. Once in the departure area, there isn't much to do. There are a few unappetising fast food outlets and one restaurant and plenty of seating around, and this certainly could be improved. At busy times, it gets noisy and finding a quiet place is hard, unless you have lounge access. However, the staff around are helpful, busy and even trying to answer passengers queries. There is a fairly large Duty Free shopping area, but don't expect bargains here. Arriving at Bahrain airport can one day be great, and another day frustratingly slow. Years ago, landing cards were issued on board prior to arrival. Now you have to fill these in once you disembark. The are no fast track facilities for arriving Business Class travellers. I usually get my visa online in the hope of a quick exit. But if you arrive at a time when several flights have landed, you are lining up with passengers with visas and those paying for visa on arrival - all in the same queues. I have been lucky a few times to be second or third in the queue. The immigration staff are friendly, and try to process you quickly, but can be very slow at busy times. So slow, that sometimes you come to collect your luggage, and find most of it has already been taken off the conveyor belts, and waiting for you. I have been to this airport many times over the years, and have become accustomed to it. Yet with its shortcomings, I still quite enjoy it. With an additional terminal being built and improving the existing terminal, I am looking forward to it next year.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"seating is uncomfortable"

Unverified | This airport is very cold and I now have a streaming cold, also the vegetarian food is so basic and tastless you feel you are being punished for not eating meat. The seating is uncomfortable and the food counters based on american takeaways which are repulsive to anyone who cares about their diet. I advise any one to avoid this airport if you can.
Date VisitNovember 2017