Atlanta Hartsfield Airport

Atlanta Hartsfield Airport customer review

In my opinion ATL is a very efficient airport considering the amount of passengers served. ATL is easy to navigate and you do not have to go outside to change terminals. The down side of this airport is international arrivals as you are required to recheck and claim your luggage and go through a security checkpoint before exiting the airport. However this will change in a few months when the new international terminal opens. If your final destination is Atlanta you will exit the airport after clearing customs no more security checks and rechecking of luggage. ATL does have its faults (rude TSA long lines at security) but what airport does not.

(Guam)

Atlanta is growing on me. I would hate to have to herd my family through Atlanta but it is quite well designed in handling the massive crowds that flow through the busiest airport in the US. Arriving international will remain a nightmare that needs attention but this time I only had 4 domestic connections and they seemed no worse than anywhere else I have been. Overall Atlanta is crowded with lots of people but really does move them around fairly efficiently.

Atlanta Hartsfield Airport customer review

Arrived from Munich Germany. At first it looked like we were the only plane arriving besides the people on my plane there was only 20-30 others walking around - trying to find where to go. I followed the crowd to a huge area of counters. There must have been at least 25 on one side. There were no signs indicating which lines to go to there was 30 people with about 6 counters open so I thought it didn't really matter as there was no lines of people waiting. I handed the TSA officer my passport at the counter who asked me why I was in this line when I should be in the other one. He mumbled something and waved his hand. ATL is uncoordinated unfriendly and unhelpful a maze with no signs.

Atlanta Hartsfield Airport customer review

Great Airport. It's really clean and there is enough sitting room. I love the large array of shops and places to eat. I imagine it can probably be confusing for someone going through it for the first time. I do not like how you have to pay for wi-fi. There are enough plugs for everyone which is really nice. Overall great airport.

Atlanta Hartsfield Airport customer review

It seems the security debacle has not improved looking at previous comments. I arrived in Atlanta from the UK with 1hr 30mins between my connecting flight. I stood in Immigration (along with about 500+ other foreign nationals) for 1 hour 15 mins as there was the grand total of 3 immigrations officials to cater for all these people. The aircon was broken the Shuttle train wasn't working and although I'm fairly fit I could not run the 1 mile to the other terminal in time for my flight! I missed my flight and was put on another one leaving an hour later.

Atlanta Hartsfield Airport customer review

I connected through Hartsfield to and from Guatemala. Transfers went very smoothly. I was especially impressed that I was able to get through passport control customs check my bag through security getting to my connecting gate in 45 minutes.

(Japan)

Overall not a bad experience. Depending on the load at any particular concourse it can feel crowded and cramped. Generally the passenger facilities are decent. Delta has introduced more power stations in gate areas and that has to be a good thing. Hold on tight in the people mover it starts and stops abruptly.

Atlanta Hartsfield Airport customer review

I have connected a few times in ATL in the AirTran Terminal. I must say this terminal has a great variety of restaurants and bars. It even has a smoking section. Connecting times are very short with AirTran.

Atlanta Hartsfield Airport customer review

Connected at ATL on Delta. We arrived at Concourse B transfer using the tram was fast. Concourse E had a lot of shops good design of the airport although the gate area had a lot of seating. Return flight from CUN we had to go through customs and it the best immigration experience I've had - only one flight so that helps. Food court on Concourse B was great excellent views of the apron and traffic gate area was a bit small. Overall I was impressed with this airport considering it's huge traffic and size it is organized and well ran and friendly staff.

Atlanta Hartsfield Airport customer review

I agree with an earlier reviewer. The return flight out of Atlanta was smooth few queues and comfortable sized gates with lots of amenities. Really very slick. By contrast the arrival is baffling despite the Delta flight trying to explain the inexplicable before landing. In short you clear immigration (I had no problems) and you reclaim your bag from security. This would normally be it. However you need to go through the usual outward bound security checks (shoes/belts etc) all over again. Before you can do that you need to pop your case on a carousel which the sign says will arrive at a similar carousel in the Terminal South/North building. So half an hour for the security check down to the shuttle train which loops round the 5 main buildings and the final Terminal/exit before picking up the bag. I have every sympathy with those who had to wait for their bags although I was just as concerned that anyone could have walked off with them. Not a good way for the city to introduce itself although it seemed to work (just)