Atlanta Hartsfield Airport

"will never fly through ATL"

Not Verified | This is the reason why I am cutting out traveling by punishing me to traverse the entire airport to the entrance to have a cigarette or a vape hit. Making me now have to leave security. It is my right to have a place too. The non-smokers and health conscience individuals I am by no means stating you have to be around my smoke just like I don't want to drink your juice or eat your vegetable burger. I, as a conscientious smoker, try to remember that everyone has a right but now you are removing my right as an American to enjoy what I enjoy. I will never fly through ATL and will advise any other smokers to avoid it like the plague since we don't matter either now. I would give this airport a minus number but they are biased against that as well.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"The worst TSA ever!"

Trip Verified | The worst TSA ever! Waited 45 minutes to clear security despite TSA pre and Clear. The website wait times are never updated and routinely state wait times that are 30 minutes shorter than reality. I travel across the world and am diamond with Delta. ATL has the longest wait times in security in the USA.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"I’ll never transit through the US again"

Not Verified | I have never stood in such a long security line in my life in all countries I have been to, including many third world ones. Only two lines for non us citizens on a busy Saturday afternoon. I’ll never transit through the US again!

"smoking rooms are gone"

Trip Verified | Was very disappointed to find out the smoking rooms are gone! That was the entire reason I always chose this airport! I will not do so anymore! What is the point of removing the smoking rooms? It’s not going to help or make anyone quit smoking - it’s only going to increase the number of angry passengers. Before at least you could chill out with a smoke before your flight and/or get a smoke in between flights - helped with the mental stress of flying! Not having that break in between made my travel day horrible! And the rooms were not bothering non-smoking people nor polluting the air around them - non-smokers never had to go anywhere in those rooms if they didn’t want to so that would not be a good reason to remove them either! I really don’t understand it. I won’t be returning to Atlanta airport.

"airport is a nightmare"

Not Verified | Can I give this place a zero? Honestly this airport is a nightmare. We had a 5 hour layover, which is approximately 5 and half hours longer than I would like in hindsight. The rudeness of everyone who works here is unreal. Being my first time in Atlanta, and the South being renowned for genteel manners and politeness I put on my best manners and did my very best not to be just another horrid Yankee. Workers were rude to me, my wife, my 9 year old ... I think they would've verbally abused my luggage if I wasn't in transit.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"Every experience at this airport is miserable"

Not Verified | I travel about once a month. Most of my destinations are flying through Atlanta airport. Every single time I've encountered the most extreme rude behavior from staff at this airport. Delta customer service in Atlanta - horribly rude. Fast food workers on the tram - rude, discussing buying guns at obnoxious loudness, laying feet up so disabled and elderly can't sit down, etc.. This time I was in Savannah's candy kitchen and a girl came out from the back room and ran directly into me because apparently I was in her way of trying to leave work. I was standing in line trying to buy something. Every experience at this airport is miserable. I'll take the longer way next time.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"airport outgrew itself a while ago"

Trip Verified | That airport outgrew itself a while ago and it is a mess. I sometime feel less cramped at New York Grand Central at Peak hours. Among the worst is going through security! There was a failed attempt to innovate screening with the worst luggage pre-scan staging invented by a 3-year old that obviously did not have any idea what he was doing. Then there is the useless Clear which ends up being slower than regular TSA-Pre most of the time. Finally there is that weird attempt to reduce TSA-Pre load by randomly picking people in the line to give them a privileged queue which is annoying everybody else that will be left in there for another 10 or 15 mins. After Security there is really nothing to make you forget the bad start, it is an average or bad experience at best, specifically if you want to sit quietly and even worse if you think about working.

"got treated very well"

Not Verified | Very sorry to read other people had a bad time. I am a wheelchair user, and got treated very well going through Atlanta. There was a priority line at passport control for disabled people. People at security were polite and considerate. The young man assigned to push my wheelchair was lovely. Food was mostly good. Concourse D had a good selection. I had a horrible experience at Dulles (Washington, DC) spring 2019, and found Atlanta to be just the opposite.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"staff were rude and unhelpful"

Trip Verified | The queue for immigration at this airport is ridiculous, over 2 and a half hours, staff were rude and unhelpful, we told 3 airport staff we had a connecting flight but we were told to just 'wait in line' they deliberately let us miss our connecting flights, they didn’t care they were not interested at all. Other passengers were letting us go in front of them but we had no chance, it was impossible. All they had to do was let us go to the front of the line, what was even more frustrating was we had to catch a cruise ship the next day. Immigration say sort it out with your airline, absolutely disgusting I would avoid this airport never have I come across so bad manners. No customer Service at all.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"doesn't give a very good impression"

Not Verified | Passed through Atlanta each way on a 12-day trip to Belize. On each occasion, the immigration queues were well over 1 hour, and on the return trip after 1hr 20 mins, I had to ask people if I could jump the queue as I was in danger of missing my connecting flight to the UK. At least half the booths were unused. Asked a member of staff if she could help but she just said: "you'll just have to wait in line". I thanked her for her help. Perhaps they weren't expecting a large number of people arriving all at once? Is this an example of American efficiency? It doesn't give a very good impression to anyone travelling through!