Atlanta Hartsfield Airport

"Queuing is awful with unfriendly staff"

Not Verified | I was exchanging here. Queuing is awful with unfriendly staff. Delta is good but not their hub. I am never going again and you shouldn't.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"Extremely rude and unhelpful workers"

Not Verified | Extremely rude and unhelpful workers. My parents speak limited English, however written instructions as well as verbal information was given but everyone they came in contact with in reference to getting from the international terminal to domestic were rude. They actually came on a repatriation Flight due to a lockdown in India because of covid-19 through the US government and this airport was the only place it ended from Mumbai. I was hoping to avoid this airport for them but due to the circumstances I couldn’t. Sadly, even our beloved Southwest Airlines counter agent who was checking them into their Chicago flight was not nice to them. My exhausted parents eventually made it to Chicago but unfortunately I was compelled to write an honest review of their experience. I hope that during training or pep talks everyone is reminded that kindness doesn’t cost anything. Hopefully if we learn anything from this pandemic it’ll be compassion.
Date VisitApril 2020

"never seen the line as long"

Not Verified | I’ve been TSA precheck for near a decade and Clear precheck over 2 years and I have never seen the line as long as it is today. First, it started just before South terminal baggage claim by doors S3, winds along the right side of the hall to the south terminal then crosses the hall and winds back up the left side to the entry door of Clear. Then the shared hall with regular TSA Lines. Looks like at least one of the Clear machines is broken. But the TSA lines and regular Clear lines look to be as long or longer. What gives? I almost wonder if general boarding is shorter. It took us over 35 minutes and the line is much much longer now than it was 30 minutes ago.
Date VisitMarch 2020

"will never fly through ATL"

Not Verified | This is the reason why I am cutting out traveling by punishing me to traverse the entire airport to the entrance to have a cigarette or a vape hit. Making me now have to leave security. It is my right to have a place too. The non-smokers and health conscience individuals I am by no means stating you have to be around my smoke just like I don't want to drink your juice or eat your vegetable burger. I, as a conscientious smoker, try to remember that everyone has a right but now you are removing my right as an American to enjoy what I enjoy. I will never fly through ATL and will advise any other smokers to avoid it like the plague since we don't matter either now. I would give this airport a minus number but they are biased against that as well.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"The worst TSA ever!"

Trip Verified | The worst TSA ever! Waited 45 minutes to clear security despite TSA pre and Clear. The website wait times are never updated and routinely state wait times that are 30 minutes shorter than reality. I travel across the world and am diamond with Delta. ATL has the longest wait times in security in the USA.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"I’ll never transit through the US again"

Not Verified | I have never stood in such a long security line in my life in all countries I have been to, including many third world ones. Only two lines for non us citizens on a busy Saturday afternoon. I’ll never transit through the US again!

"smoking rooms are gone"

Trip Verified | Was very disappointed to find out the smoking rooms are gone! That was the entire reason I always chose this airport! I will not do so anymore! What is the point of removing the smoking rooms? It’s not going to help or make anyone quit smoking - it’s only going to increase the number of angry passengers. Before at least you could chill out with a smoke before your flight and/or get a smoke in between flights - helped with the mental stress of flying! Not having that break in between made my travel day horrible! And the rooms were not bothering non-smoking people nor polluting the air around them - non-smokers never had to go anywhere in those rooms if they didn’t want to so that would not be a good reason to remove them either! I really don’t understand it. I won’t be returning to Atlanta airport.

"airport is a nightmare"

Not Verified | Can I give this place a zero? Honestly this airport is a nightmare. We had a 5 hour layover, which is approximately 5 and half hours longer than I would like in hindsight. The rudeness of everyone who works here is unreal. Being my first time in Atlanta, and the South being renowned for genteel manners and politeness I put on my best manners and did my very best not to be just another horrid Yankee. Workers were rude to me, my wife, my 9 year old ... I think they would've verbally abused my luggage if I wasn't in transit.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"Every experience at this airport is miserable"

Not Verified | I travel about once a month. Most of my destinations are flying through Atlanta airport. Every single time I've encountered the most extreme rude behavior from staff at this airport. Delta customer service in Atlanta - horribly rude. Fast food workers on the tram - rude, discussing buying guns at obnoxious loudness, laying feet up so disabled and elderly can't sit down, etc.. This time I was in Savannah's candy kitchen and a girl came out from the back room and ran directly into me because apparently I was in her way of trying to leave work. I was standing in line trying to buy something. Every experience at this airport is miserable. I'll take the longer way next time.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"airport outgrew itself a while ago"

Trip Verified | That airport outgrew itself a while ago and it is a mess. I sometime feel less cramped at New York Grand Central at Peak hours. Among the worst is going through security! There was a failed attempt to innovate screening with the worst luggage pre-scan staging invented by a 3-year old that obviously did not have any idea what he was doing. Then there is the useless Clear which ends up being slower than regular TSA-Pre most of the time. Finally there is that weird attempt to reduce TSA-Pre load by randomly picking people in the line to give them a privileged queue which is annoying everybody else that will be left in there for another 10 or 15 mins. After Security there is really nothing to make you forget the bad start, it is an average or bad experience at best, specifically if you want to sit quietly and even worse if you think about working.