Atlanta Hartsfield Airport

"Not disabled friendly"

Trip Verified | Not disabled friendly. I am deaf. Train doesn't announce when leaving or opening doors for the deaf. No lights to know when to get off or get on. Deaf lives matter
Date VisitOctober 2019

"Terrible airport"

Trip Verified | It’s bad enough that the paying customers have to go through the extra trouble of rechecking in our luggage’s during international connecting flights, but no explanations are given, and the airport does not explain or apologize why it takes them so long (this time, it was about an hour!!) just to get the carousel going with the luggage! What happens if someone misses their connecting flight? Will they just say “too bad?”. Terrible airport — moving forward, we will make sure never to have a connecting stop here!
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"work on their customer service"

Not Verified | I understand that you may scroll pass this review and not even care, but with all due respect, I feel that all employees should have a friendly, inviting, professional personality and I feel that Atlanta's Airport lacked this. After my mom and I got off our flight, we proceeded to the exit and asked the gentleman if he could help give us directions to the gate of our next flight. He looked up and I quote, "Look at the T.V. screen. I don't know about that." I don't know if he was just being lazy or if he really did know his job. Anyway, I walk away and overhear some of the other passengers talking about the same flight so I followed them. Still doubting myself, I ask three other Atlanta Airport employees and they all said the same thing; that they had no clue to that too. At last, I finally had enough of the same answer; knowing that my boarding time was closing in, I asked a pilot if he could help me for a second and he did. I feel terrible that I didn't even catch his name, but I am so thankful that he was able to spare a second to help. Again, I hope that Atlanta's Airport works on their customer service.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"First time I have missed a flight in over 30 years"

Not Verified | Mind-boggling how poorly managed this airport is. A recurring problem is understaffing at TSA lanes when the airport admin clearly knows how many passengers will be traveling at any given time. Today TSA decided to run a canine check in the middle of the busiest Monday morning rush hour leading to lines way down the hall and shutting down all priority lanes. First time I have missed a flight in over 30 years and I travel weekly. I explained to airport staff directing people that my flight wears boarding as time passed. Nothing they could do. Except they would take others randomly who were rushing and brought them to the front of the line. Big disruption in one day emergency trip.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"airport is not in a hurry to do anything"

Not Verified | Slow, slow, slow. This airport is not in a hurry to do anything especially immigration and baggage. Get a grip or discover quite quickly that it’s better to connect elsewhere. Get a separate crew line and special assistance line.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"the worst airport experience I’ve ever had"

Not Verified | Awful. We had a late flight, and were in the airport starting at 11pm. Staff members all over the airport - in the terminals, the shuttle, the gates, were all cursing and obnoxious. At 2am, a guy at gate D2 was opening one of the stores, and blasting hip hop music. This is at a gate where our flights had been delayed by hours on end, everyone is cranky and sleepy, and this dude blasting music without a care in the world. This is the worst airport experience I’ve ever had in all my years.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"Every single person working there was very rude"

Trip Verified | Returning from Rome was a nightmare. Every single person working there was very rude. Even the airport police. I have never been treated so bad in my life. The officer literally screamed at me for not hearing him. I am a senior with a hearing disability and I am not a criminal. I also do not appreciate to be yelled at. He upset me so much. They made us late and we missed our flight out. They have zero social skills. They need to be retrained. I believe they use their positions to be very controlling. I will never fly through that airport again. First time I ever have and will never return. All the staff were rude, but this officer about had me in tears. It was a total embarrassment and I’m not a child, and will not be treated like one. The money exchange lady, had no name tag and she was also very rude. She told me if I didn’t like the way it was, to go elsewhere. All I did was clarify a question. I wouldnt doubt she ripped me off. Horrible people there. I will spread the word around my neck of the woods to ‘Don’t travel through Atlanta’ if at all possible. The bathrooms were least desirable as well.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"staff in Atlanta airport are rude"

Trip Verified | Delta seating was spacious and clean, onboard staff were friendly and attentive, complimentary snacks and beverages, and the flight was on time. I paid $1057 for myself and 2 kids to fly one way for a total duration of 1.5 hrs. This airline promised free WiFi but the WiFi doesn’t work. The ground agents/staff working in the Atlanta airport are rude. When checking my bag in, the rep looked at me as if I was bothering her. She never greeted me with hello or a smile. I was clearly confused as the Atlanta airport is 5x the size of my hometown airport and even said out loud, “I don’t know where to go”. She just ignored me and looked away. I eventually figured it out but it would’ve been extremely helpful if she just pointed or simply said that way. I’m sorry but if I’m paying Delta over 1k to fly I’d at least like to receive decent customer service. I think Delta should invest in customer service training. This was my first experience flying with Delta and my last.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"Poor choices and poor service"

Trip Verified | I’m in Terminal D at Atlanta Airport a few times a month. The choices for sit down restaurants are terrible. It’s best to pick a restaurant in a different terminal. Poor choices and poor service. I usually resort to 5 Guys.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"Is this a conspiracy by the vendors"

Not Verified | Is it too much to ask to have a working drinking water fountain. I was in terminal D and went to 4 different drinking fountains and none of them worked. Is this a conspiracy by the vendors so that you have to buy water? Really ridiculous.
Date VisitJune 2019