Atlanta Hartsfield Airport

"hope many others boycott the vendors"

Trip Verified | Most vendors no longer accept cash in this airport. Debit or credit card or no food or drink. How discriminating - some people including kids do not have a card. What happened to the dollar being legal tender? I will not buy anything in this airport! I hope many others boycott the vendors so they can go out of business.
Date VisitOctober 2021

"watched all aspects of the airport decline"

Trip Verified | I’ve traveled in and out of the ATL airport for the past 30 years and have watched all aspects of the airport decline. It appears that airport leadership is asleep on the job. Airport Parking is typically unavailable, construction seems to be never ending, flow of people inside & outside is mired in chaos, security is inept, food venues are sketchy and to top it all off - the unprofessional customer service attitudes reflects a growing personnel issue that seems to indicate poor training, poor work ethic, and a bizarre entitlement mentality. If you have a choice - find yourself a different airport - even if it means more connections. If leadership is actually reading my very modest review, pleaase turn this airport around and stop its death spiral.
Date VisitOctober 2021

"the rudest and most unprofessional agents I have ever encountered"

Trip Verified | I have traveled to most every domestic airport in North America and Atlanta Hartsfield TSA employees are hands down the rudest and most unprofessional agents I have ever encountered unlike most other airports who are very professional and courteous.
Date VisitSeptember 2021

"The TSA were completely and unnecessarily rude to my dad"

Trip Verified | Currently holding a temporary residence here at Robins AFB, Georgia. My father drove my car down so that I would have transport to leave base, however, we wanted to fly him back home. I flew in to Atlanta and had just a few issues with my arrival into this airport so I figured it wouldn’t be awful if I booked a flight for my father to fly out of there. I cannot begin to describe how awful the experience was for my dad and I. The TSA were completely and unnecessarily rude to my dad who is easily confused and older, acted as if he had COVID or was diseased. The TSA agent literally looked as if she was about to draw a weapon on my dad because he was six feet away from her? Additionally the representative at the Delta check-in desk who is posted there to help guests pre-check for their tickets was also so awfully rude. Asked again, another simple question and she acted as if we were burden to ask her anything instead of just letting her stand there and ruin her uneventful day. Normally at my hometown airport, they usually let my dad come into the terminal with me to say goodbye as any day I could get orders to deploy and won’t have a chance to say goodbye before I go. But at this airport, I felt as though they were snatching him away from me and I was afraid he wasn’t going to make his flight because it is an extremely large airport and he is older and just overwhelmed easily. Thankfully and barely, he made it to his gate. He then told me that he was just extremely disappointed because the associates at the counter by the terminal were rude over the intercom every time they used it and just rude to other guests that went up to the counter. It made him so uncomfortable with the entire experience that he never wants to fly out of the airport again and would love it if I never did either. It made him so upset that he ended up crying part of his flight home. He’s concerned that somethings going to happen to me on deployment and he would’ve never gotten to have said goodbye. Simple things like this go a long way for paying customers. Having this experience, I think I will follow my dads advice and fly out from Savannah or another airport the next chance I actually get to fly home.
Date VisitSeptember 2021

"be prepared for a long walk and a long wait/standing"

Not Verified | Arrived Atlanta from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Be prepared for a long walk from the gate to Passport Control. The line to have your passport checked was long and took approximately 90 minutes. However, the line moved relatively fast considering there were at least 500 to 1,000 passengers waiting to be processed. I would say it was fairly well organized as they had people directing passengers to the booths. Not a bad experience. Just be prepared for a long walk and a long wait/standing. Here is my major complaint about this airport if you are arriving on an international flight. If your final destination is Atlanta and you wish to catch a ride share, MARTA or a hotel van, passengers are required to ride a small shuttle bus to Ground Transportation which takes 20 minutes. We had two heavy suitcases which had to be lifted into the bus. As we are over 65, it was difficult. Getting passengers from the international terminal to ground transportation in the main terminal is very inefficient and inconvenient.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"There were no shortages of shopping or eating options"

Trip Verified | Transferred through ATL on 9/06/2021. This place is immense! There were no shortages of shopping or eating options. There were plenty of seats at the gates. The announcements were timely and clear. Lots of monitors around to check where your flight is departing from.The restrooms were reasonably clean. The train that runs between concourses is extremely handy as well. Can't comment on anything curbside as I was only transiting through.
Date VisitSeptember 2021

"What are the people that run ATL thinking?"

Not Verified | At about dinner time on a Sunday in Terminal C, about half of the eateries were closed! Trying to get something to eat just added more stress to an inherently stressful situation. What are the people that run ATL thinking? I guess they're thinking they have no competition, which is more-or-less true. I hate ATL.
Date VisitSeptember 2021

"there is just no reason to blast the concourse with loud, undesirable sound"

Trip Verified | For some reason, the airport has elected to play silly TV shows that no one is watching playing on a few screens at an incredibly loud level, like in a movie theater. Quiet is preferable and there is just no reason to blast the concourse with loud, undesirable sound that otherwise causes one to reach for earplugs or noise reduction headsets. Perhaps if the same loud obnoxious noise was pumped into the airport management offices there would be a change. There is no purpose to this noise pollution. Stop the insanity.
Date VisitSeptember 2021

"Security was a nightmare"

Not Verified | We were trying to evacuate Hurricane Ida. We had a group of 40 people. We were finally able to get a bus to take us to Atlanta. With the long traffic we were on the bus for 14 hours with no sleep. Arrived 4am to the airport. Security was a nightmare. Not because it was backed up but mostly because it was very confusing. Especially on 20 hours with no sleep. The woman at the security area where we were putting our things on the conveyor was literally screaming at me. I was confused and tired as she continued to scream and belittle me. Had she just explained calmly I would have understood what she was saying. Once I got through my feet were filthy with dirt and crud all over the floor. I had 3 elderly people in our group in wheelchairs. 2 of them were helped to the gate by employees. We still had one with us. Getting on the Tram was tricky. The Tram throws you around so badly that we were trying to hold the chair and ourselves. A lady had her baby trying to get her in a stroller. The baby didn't want in the stroller so she was trying to hold her and the stroller as it was rolling around. I grabbed the stroller as she tried to hold on to the baby. We found our gate around 6 am. There are many restaurants in the airport but none of them open. Once a Dunkin Donuts opened the line was all the way down the corridor.
Date VisitAugust 2021

"security checkpoint is dysfunctional"

Not Verified | This airport has the most unhelpful, disrespectful TSA of any I have ever been to. The security checkpoint is dysfunctional compared to other airports. They have a lot of work to do for being one of the busiest airports in the nation. Traffic is always bad.
Date VisitMarch 2021