Atlanta Hartsfield Airport

"Is this a conspiracy by the vendors"

Not Verified | Is it too much to ask to have a working drinking water fountain. I was in terminal D and went to 4 different drinking fountains and none of them worked. Is this a conspiracy by the vendors so that you have to buy water? Really ridiculous.

"employees are incompetent"

Trip Verified | 9 of us were supposed to fly out of the Hartfield Jackson airport to go to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic for a family vacation. We were supposed to travel by Swift Air, a small charter company. Atlanta Airport is huge and all of us were at the airport international terminal 3.5 hours before our flight. We have looked around for Swift Air signs but did not see any, so we asked 3 different airport customer service representatives, showed them our travel documents, and all of them told us that we have to go to the Domestic terminal, even though it was an international flight. We also stopped by the information desk at the international terminal, showed our paperwork, the customer service representative checked something on her computer and also advised us to go to the domestic terminal. It takes at least 20 min to get to the Domestic terminal plus the waiting time for the shuttle. Once we got there and run around through the whole terminal, asked several staff members, who had no idea where Swift Air was, we finally got to one of the TSA members who used his radio to find out that Swift is at the International terminal. After we spend $50 on the taxi for 20 min drive, since we were running out of time, we got back to where we started. We ran through the whole terminal and finally found Swift Air counters all the way in the back of the terminal with no signs in the whole airport to guide people where to go, except for the signs on top of the counter. Also, all of the international terminal staff members had no clue where Swift Air counters were! We got to the counter 45 minutes before the flight, but we were denied boarding, as well as another family of 5, who went through the same ordeal. I do not understand why airport employees are incompetent and not knowledgeable. No one knows which airline is located at what terminal. Due to all of this, we had to purchase new tickets from Birmingham, AL with a connection back in Atlanta, for the next morning. We had to rent 2 cars, drive 3 hours to AL, fly back to Atlanta to finally board to Punta Cana, all due to the incompetency of staff working at the airport. I always thought that one of the largest international airports in the US would have exceptional customer service, but I was so wrong.

"behavior was unacceptable"

Not Verified | I fly through ATL several times a week. Today I had a few hours between my connecting flights so I stopped through the E concourse food court area to grab a bite. I purchased food from Nature’s Table Bistro. I sat down, ate, made some calls and about an hour later, I started to make my way over to my next gate. I had quite a bit of food still left on my plate since I got full very fast; but don’t like traveling with unnecessary baggage. When I went to throw away my plate, a man was changing out the trash bags. When I handed him my plate, he opened the lid and very rudely told me how wasteful I was and that I shouldn’t be throwing away fresh food. When I walked away, I could hear him talking about me to his coworker and he continued to shake his head at me. I was irritated because I purchased the food with my own money and I’m not obligated to defend the amount that I choose not to eat. Every time I fly through ATL, I prepare myself for this kind of treatment because it happens more often than not. I only wish there was someone I could talk to directly about him. His behavior was unacceptable.

"This is the pits"

Not Verified | Just awful. I travel for my work and use international airports almost weekly. This is the pits. The check in (admittedly not the airports fault) took over half an hour at the front of the line to check in for business class. Someone checking in 16 bags in the first class line but not flying first or business. Then endless queues for passport checks and photos and an inordinately long wait for luggage checks with queues snaking round the block and just two screeners. Took over an hour to go from check in to the departure lounge. No one smiled or apologised. Then the lounge was like a zoo. Nowhere to sit and sandwiches with the bread curled up and hard. I had asked for help with lifting my bags even through I’m only three weeks post op with a large bandage and dressing on my neck. I would do my best to avoid in future.
Date VisitJune 2019

"cleaning crew had all the men restrooms blocked off"

Not Verified | My family and I took a Delta flight from LAX Los Angeles arriving at 12.05 am, June 15 at Atlanta's Hartsfield Jackson airport. We departed the plane, entered the airport and the janitorial cleaning crew had all the men restrooms blocked off as if they were cleaning them, but what's strange is they were standing in front of the ropes off area preventing entrance or use of the restroom. It's sad that you cant use the restroom in the airport.
Date VisitJune 2019

"The layout is just crazy"

Trip Verified | I was unfortunate enough to have to attend a meeting in Atlanta, unfortunate not because of Atlanta but because I had to pass through this airport. The layout is just crazy with incredibly long terminals so be sure to where your walking shoes. TSA is a nightmare as all passengers for all airlines pass through a central checkpoint which is so incredibly slow, the slowest service I have ever encountered (including Orlando which at least spilts to two terminal wings) and I’ve been through a number of airports. Even the TSA Pre line had about a half hour plus wait. The airport itself looks old although clean and seems to lack some of the new tech like charging stations for devices that you would expect to find in this day and age. I flew JetBlue out of JFK for this trip and what a difference between JetBlues own terminal 5 and this hole in the wall. If you can avoid passing through this airport I highly recommend it as many of the people don’t really seem to care about the travelers passing through and if you have a connecting flight that’s either at a distant gate or concourse you may miss your flight as they are so far away. There are no terminal shuttle carts like you would find in other big airports like Dallas or Raleigh Durham.

"extremely congested"

Not Verified | The condition of the property seemed to be OK, could have definitely been cleaner. Concourses also seemed "closed in", especially when compared to other major airports. The day/time I traveled through, extremely congested, difficult to get where I needed to go. Finally, couldn't help notice they had cnn on the TV's - disappointing.
Date VisitMay 2019

"not friendly or helpful"

Not Verified | Horrible service, not friendly or helpful. Horrible TSA service, special service line was the slowest and no help on directions or why the main lines were moving faster and we stood forever.

"meet mass confusion"

Trip Verified | This is the worst airport that I have ever been to. Considering that I have traveled to over 50 countries and all over the United States, that says a lot. I have been in and out of Atlanta at least 10 times in the last six months. I have TSA Pre and Clear and still I meet mass confusion when I’m checking in. This airport is a busy airport for business people, so there are lots of early flights. Maybe TSA doesn’t know that because there’s always one end of security that’s closed. Picking someone up from here isn’t any easier. Departures are both up and downstairs and the signs are last minute so you may miss it. Of course there’s major construction going on so when you miss it will take a while to get back around. Good luck and have a nice flight

"Customer service awful"

Not Verified | By far the worst airport I’ve ever travelled to, 1.5 hours in security queue and only 1 agent on with 4 standing around chatting! Customer service awful as poor children needing to go to the toilet and one person behind counter really doesn’t care.
Date VisitApril 2019