Athens Airport

"It definitely shows wear and tear"

Trip Verified | A moderately sized airport serving the capital of Greece. It's been around for a while so it's not a very modern one. It definitely shows wear and tear. Security checks are fast and efficient tho. Duty-free shopping is readily available, food courts less. Transportation to the city is done by metro or bus, in both cases it takes at least one hour. Taxi cost about 45 euro. The Lufthansa lounge I visited was small but offered delicious Greek mezze.
Date VisitOctober 2021

"all Covid checks carried out efficiently"

Not Verified | Landed on time after comfortable Aegean Airlines flight, we deplaned quickly and were in the Arrivals Hall in minutes. Cleared Immigration without issue, all Covid checks carried out efficiently, bags were already coming through on belt as we entered Baggage Reclaim. Very easy to navigate. Good airport.
Date VisitAugust 2021

"The worst airport I was in"

(Poland)

Not Verified | The worst airport I was in. We couldn't take with us peanut butter and pesto, but we could go in with yogurt and hummus, when we asked 'why?' the answer was 'because peanut butter is a cream and pesto has an oil' and when we sad that hummus has oil also and we have yogurt which is a cream, the guard didn't know what to say.

"Terrible indications"

Trip Verified | Absolutely zero arrangement for connection flights. My Aegean flight came 30 mins late and I had only a 45 minute connection window to catch my flight to Thessaloniki with Olympic Air. No one made sure they waited for us, the boarding gate was across the airport so I was running for 15 mins. Had all my papers, covid pass and PFL checked before departure yet they check passport and another security check in control despite not leaving the airport. Terrible indications. At the end my hand luggage was taken at the plane baggage section because there was no space upstairs. Think about connection flights! Also shame Aegean and Olympic Air.
Date VisitSeptember 2021

"Almost no vegan food option"

Trip Verified | Almost no vegan food option. I found 2 sandwiches but they didn’t look great. So could only have a drink and something sweet, but not a sandwich or other meal
Date VisitSeptember 2021

"There is very little seating"

Trip Verified | This airport has some pleasant, generous features (a museum, free and unlimited wifi) but the basics are not well managed. There is very little seating. This matters when I have been waiting 45 minutes in a check-in queue and expect to wait as long again before I get to the front (although this may be the fault of my airline, which has not allowed online check-in for this flight). Navigation is needlessly difficult because (astonishingly) the maps of the airport at information points lack a ‘you are here’ indication. If I knew the airport well enough to know where I was on the map, I wouldn’t need the map! There are very few restaurants. All were full, with long queues. Combined with the massive shortage of seating, this meant lots of passengers sitting on the floor eating take-away food from their laps. It just doesn’t have to be this way in a country where tourism is so important. All in all, my time at Athens Airport was a tedious, needlessly uncomfortable and unpleasant end to a wonderful holiday in Greece. The ‘hospitality’ provided by the airport was a major contrast with the wonderful service and help we received from every other Greek person on our holiday.
Date VisitAugust 2021

"walk a km to the exit"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | The airline chose to use the boiling hot bus at temps of 37+C. Passengers were pushed like sardines in the bus. In the miserably empty airport only a brief check of EU vaccination certificate, no body temp screening, and then you have to walk a km to the exit, this airport being without any passenger moving walkways. No, despite its cleanliness, this is not my favourable aiport..
Date VisitJuly 2021

"You could do better than this"

(Latvia)

Trip Verified | Poor service, 100 person line to pass the rapid test. 1 cash desk to pay. Are you serious? You could do better than this. Stayed for 2 hours, glad I had time. Some were not so lucky.
Date VisitMarch 2021

"polite and quick service"

Not Verified | Arrival - Transit - Departure all a breeze. Check in was efficient and polite, short waiting and queuing times. Good selection of shops and eateries, again polite and quick service. Vegan snacks and sandwiches available. Very tasty filled vegan croissants Looked clean and tidy, bit of litter here and there on some tables but then peasants travel everywhere I guess. On the whole a decent airport. Would use again..
Date VisitSeptember 2020

"Tables littered everywhere with rubbish"

Not Verified | This airport is the pits. There are no souvenir or retail shops open. Imagine a major international airport and no retail shops (only duty free and a polo shop). There are no actual restaurants just some cheap cafes with really bad food. In addition passengers not following mandatory mask rule made for a very uncomfortable experience. I'm quite sure the Air Canteen kitchen would not pass a rigorous food safety audit! The staff also spent more time arguing with each other than serving customers. The sky serve business lounge was the worst lounge I have ever experienced in all my years flying. Tables littered everywhere with rubbish and no sign of anyone cleaning them. The food offering is a joke and I was only comfortable eating a wrapped biscuit. The sandwiches looked dire. The lounge was overcrowded and social distancing rules being broken all over the lounge.
Date VisitSeptember 2020