Aruba Reina Beatrix Airport

"no cleaning seems done"

Not Verified | Worst airport in world! Line was outdoor in sun for security. No order or direction. Happy city is a joke the staff mostly rude. Security broke daughter book at and yanked son bracelet off. You have to carry your checked back to a longer custom line where there rude. Dirty airport no cleaning seems done. And of course Aruba prices are insane.
Date VisitJuly 2024

"passports checked no less than 7x"

Not Verified | Absolutely horrible experience at the airport. Waited for 4 hours to finally get on our plane. Had our passports checked no less than 7x. Had to wait outside in blazing heat for about 30 minutes. Have to clear both US and Aruba security. Why?? Entire 4 hours spent standing. At the end, our flight was boarding and they were allowing people to jump in front of us. Finally had to push our luggage in front of others to get them to stop putting others before is. TSA agent was downright nasty. I dont expect to return to Aruba again.
Date VisitJune 2024

"Horrible disorganized process"

Not Verified | Horrible disorganized process for checking in. No advantage having a global entry card. Rental car return does not open until 0800. First of many check in’s doesn’t open until 0830 but the one employee checking people in wasn’t ready until 0845. Long line by then. Very strange process to go through X-ray line twice. If this were a better organized process, this could happen once
Date VisitMarch 2024

"the worst, most miserable departure"

Not Verified | I came here to see if it was just me, but I can see that all the issues - plus many more - have been reported by many already - going back several years. What is Aruba waiting for? This was by far the worst, most miserable departure we've ever experienced. What - they don't trust their own security that they make you go through it twice? And the biggest head-scratcher of all: checked luggage. Who thought of the ingenious idea of making you check your luggage, then search a huge room for it later along with everyone else? Just idiotic. I can't believe how bad and lacking in common sense their processes are. Like many others, we loved the island. However, just thinking about the hassle getting back home makes me think twice about returning.
Date VisitJuly 2023

"Terrible airport experience"

Not Verified | This airport's organization is a disaster. Expect to wait in numerous, disorganized lines for up to 3 hours before you get to your gate. New this year is a "Fast Track" service where you pay a fee to get through the lines (I guess the long lines are by design to make extra cash). They were working hard at making the departure experience better for US tourists. I guess that ended when the new fee for service program came into play. The employees either don't know securities procedures or don't care. They give you the wrong answer to simply questions. They are super nice and helpful when you arrive but could care less when you are leaving. Never transit here on Saturday. Sundays are getting overcrowded as well, probably because of the time of year. Terrible airport experience. Only bonus is clearing US Customs so you don't have to at home, but some of those agents are just down right nasty and obnoxious.
Date VisitDecember 2022

"never go back because of airport"

Trip Verified | Stood in horrible lines for more than 3 hours. Completely unnecessary! Absolutely no organization, staff never gave explanations or even good directions. One employee kept hollering for “customers, please keep moving!” As if we wanted to stand still? In several instances, we saw employees give special treatment to some by opening lines for people to bypass longer lines to join shorter ones that were completely blocked off except for this reason. The final time my husband and I saw it happen, which was opened, literally, just behind us, we snuck through too while said employee was busy looking for others (of their choosing) to go through. We were fast tracked through customs in minutes. We had not eaten before because we thought 3 1/2 hours in small airport would have left plenty of time to eat at a restaurant in the airport. Nope, I barely had time to get aunt Annie’s (while my husband used that time to take a quick trip to the bathroom, I had to use airplane toilet). We got to our gate while plane was boarding (ate on plane). As we were boarding plane I noticed people just arriving, that had been in line with us before we snuck out, 25 minutes later. Aruba, amazing time but we will never go back because of airport.
Date VisitAugust 2022

"worst airport I have ever been in"

Trip Verified | The worst airport I have ever been in spent 4hrs waiting in line to get through customs. The gate agents just don’t care to help. Missed our flight tried to stop our bags from going gate agent said we would have to go back through customs. Never coming back
Date VisitAugust 2022

"astonishing failure in customer service"

Not Verified | Could not be worse run. The absolute model of inefficiency. The say allow 3 hours to check in, and they mean it. Line 1 - cue to enter, docs checked. Line 2 covid test verification Line 3 bag tags docs checked. Line 4 Aruba customs docs checked. Line 5 go through screening docs checked, Line 6 reclaim bags, Line 7 check bags again docs checked, Line 8 US customs docs checked, Line 9 go through screening again - I’m not kidding you have to have your carryon and yourself screened twice. You have to drop off, reclaim and drop off your bag again. My passport and boarding pass was checked no less than 5 times. I had to answer the screening questions 3 times. I booked a repeat visit and have now canceled it. The only reason for 2 stars not one is that there is a nice wine bar but chances are you won’t get to enjoy it as you waste your life away in hours upon hours of senseless lines. The airport process is an astonishing failure in customer service.
Date VisitApril 2022

"I spent 4 hours standing in line at this airport"

Not Verified | I spent 4 hours standing in line at this airport to travel home. We arrived at 12.30pm for a 4.48 departure and the lines for American Airlines was unbelievable. We had 5 children and 4 adults. When I say standing in line it was every bit of standing for 4 hours waiting to get in the airport, waiting to get checked in, waiting to go through customs and security, waiting to get to our gate. I noticed this only happening to American Airlines customers. They don't tell you in the brochures how stressful and tiring it is to go through this airport. We had a wonderful trip in Aruba but the crowds and confusion were enough to make me think I will not return to this island.
Date VisitMarch 2022

"absolutely zero organization"

Trip Verified | I have never had a worst air travel experience, our flight was delayed for more than two days, the staff was insanely rude. I had my passport checked 15 times within a span of 10 minutes while standing in 10 different lines, absolutely zero organization. The island is beautiful but I will never make a trip ever again simply because of this.
Date VisitMarch 2022