Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

Amsterdam Schiphol Airport customer review

I find this airport well organized for transferring flights. Less hassle than CDG for sure. Calculate some walking time but overall it works pretty good using AMS to change flights. I have been doing this quite a few times and it always was no problem.

Amsterdam Schiphol Airport customer review

The airport is too large if you are transferring flights and are on a short time line. The restrooms are unkempt dirty and smell horrible. The security is inept and ridiculous they made me damage my own clothing in order to move through the security check point. The staff in the airport seem highly offended if you are just transferring planes in their country instead of staying. My family and I will be avoiding this airport from here on out. Highly unprofessional rude and unacceptable.

(Mexico)

Transit in AMS. Non-Schengen to Schengen return. Arrival time was 3pm and we found the Airport surprisingly empty. I am an EU-Passport holder my Partner is Mexican and I had no issues passing with her through the much shorter EU Passport holder line at immigration. Security check took 15 minutes. Distances at AMS are quite long we had 2 hours for transit which gave some time to stroll around the shopping mile. From all airports we visited on this trip AMS has the best Duty Free offers. On the return to Mexico we arrived in AMS in the Morning around 11 and the Airport was packed. Lines were long at immigration but we could again use the EU Passport line which reduced waiting to 15 minutes. Security check done at the gate which saved time. Staff friendly and efficient. Big Airport long distances AMS is stress free if your transit is 1 hour or less it might get stressful at peak hours.

Amsterdam Schiphol Airport customer review

I have transferred through Schiphol numerous times easily and this time was no different. The simple gate numbering system and one terminal concept meant I could rush though with ease and still go to the duty free shop with only a very short transfer time and Information staff are very helpful. Because of this when I book flights I only ever transfer through Schiphol (with KLM) and avoid going through Paris CDG (with Air France) at all costs.

Amsterdam Schiphol Airport customer review

Used for flight transfer both ways. Toilets overflowing in both cases. System confusing. Worst of all was the security staff at gate D6 - very unprofessional and blunt to the point of rudeness. Very much a cattle market. I sympathise with some airlines who try to provide a good service but are let down by airport service providers in terms of the overall flying experience for customers. The airlines have enough collective influence to get things changed why don't they?

(Japan)

A completely functional airport but not as good as expected. It seems very institutional with lots of stainless steel and many areas were crowded (check-in and at the gates). I found it difficult to transfer between a domestic European flight and an intercontinental one as the terminals were at opposite ends. Toilets are clean! Good food and shopping opportunities. Getting into the city is easy if you're going to Amsterdam. The security is fierce! The first time I've experienced a full body pat down.

Amsterdam Schiphol Airport customer review

We will never travel through Schipol again. We had a long layover and could find nowhere to relax let alone snooze. Gates have fewer than half the number of seats needed for a flight and passengers line up like cattle in metal railing-defined queues. Security scanning is done at the gate. Process of checking in poorly handled by grouchy staff. The bathroom I was able to find near our gate was not very clean or private.

Amsterdam Schiphol Airport customer review

First time in Schiphol for 20 years and it is the easiest and user friendly of major airports. KLM ground staff and immigration made our transfer a pleasure despite time being against us.

(Denmark)

Were very close on time arrived 10 minutes before check-in closed but still able to check-in just before check-in closed. Shuttle busses all the time which take around 10 minutes to Terminal 3. Passport control very easy and just after check-in. You can avoid the shops and walk straight to gates. Very easy to find with wide walkways and loads of rolling bands. Security check into waiting room was not so pleasant 5 minutes waiting time but the security guys were rude. On the way home passport control was very smooth but there was a long wait for our baggage.

(Belgium)

Antwerp-Bangkok via Amsterdam with KLM. Arriving at the airport was a mess airport staff very rude and unhelpful. We had to queue for 2 hours at check-in. We were then brought to another check in were they told us we had 5 minutes to get to the gate. We ran to the gate and just made it (last passengers to board). To top it all off the plane didn't move for another 45 minutes! Horrible experience will avoid using Schiphol.