Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

"passengers are commodity"

Not Verified | Cramped, over crowded, staff at coffee corner C gates totally desinterested. General staff attitude at airport: complete disinterest, passengers are commodity. Painful for such a small country that should cherish the passenger activities.

"extremely slow"

Not Verified | I fly weekly from Schiphol. Security run times are in comparison to other airports extremely slow. Schiphol please make this easy benchmark to optimise your operations. Further there are a large number of security personnel who use above average volume to direct people in a rather direct way (this is the polite phrasing as I would not even address house pets this way). Again here an easy benchmark is that with reduced number of personnel and basic customer skills both costs and customer experience are improved.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"staff were rude and unapproachable"

Not Verified | Security was well organised and staffed, there was no queue. The staff member at the body scanner I used was rude (perhaps this is just a Dutch thing) but it doesn't hurt to smile. For passport control, that was a 5 minute queue and fairly efficient. Food in the airport is really expensive so bring this from a local supermarket and get water in the airport. It is well signposted but I would only recommend this airport if you are visiting the Netherlands. I would think that airport transfer would be very confusing here. Overall the staff were rude and unapproachable. Smile more and your job would be easier. WiFi is available throughout and is ok.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"incredibly rude and bossy"

Not Verified | People at customs are incredibly rude and bossy, it took 30 minutes for someone to look in my bag and it was only me waiting, meaning I was late to my gate. I had an incredibly important possession taken off me which I have never had any problems with for the past 3 years of carrying it through different airports (including Amsterdam in the past). Everything else is nice and efficient, but the customs aren’t.

"avoid at all costs"

Trip Verified | We waited well over an hour to get our bags after our flight arrived, the bags came out 5-10 at a time then wait 5 min and the same thing. I have been to well over 50 airports and this was by far the longest wait, very unprofessional and totally disgusted! Will try to avoid at all costs on my next trip to Europe
Date VisitAugust 2018

"great service, stress-free"

Not Verified | A word of praise for the Lost and Found Service. We were in transit and after a long flight from Panama, my 14 year old son absent-mindedly forgot his telephone on board the plane. The staff at the L&F counter gave us a warm welcome and immediately set off back to the plane to search for the missing item. She recovered the phone and kindly brought it to our next boarding gate as time was short. This all entailed a great deal of walking and yet the lady greeted us with a smile and kind words. Great service, stress-free.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"Totally unorganized airport"

Trip Verified | As a foreigner living in the Netherlands, basically all experiences at Schiphol Airport were unpleasant. Totally unorganized airport. Some Staff are not properly trained. I heard a few times staff saying “I cant help you”, many of them were from Schiphol.

"plain unprofessional staff"

Not Verified | This is the worst experience I've ever had in an airport. Rude, disrespectful, aggressive, unpleasant and just plain unprofessional staff; endless number of lines to stand in; utter chaos. It took us almost 4 hours to get through customs and security. We didn't miss our connection because we had a long layover. I've never been asked so many questions (and of a personal nature) by a customs official. He seemed bent on preventing me from leaving the country (I was returning home). Avoid this airport like the plague.

"totally disorganized"

Trip Verified | They are totally disorganized. We arrived a few minutes early and parking position has changed, but they are not able to provide a ground crew. They already know for at least 29 min that the plane arrives earlier, but cannot schedule the crews accordingly. This proves that their operations are organized pretty poor. They focus on being a supermarket!
Date VisitJuly 2018

"organisation is utterly chaotic"

Not Verified | I've travelled through many airports, but this is by far the worst experience I have even had. Being a major hub airport of course it's very busy, but the organisation is utterly chaotic. We travelled with pets, and there was nobody to tell us where to collect them, and though we asked at all sorts of "information" desks, we were met with nothing but shrugs and rudeness. Several times, staff sent us to utterly the wrong place, meaning we ran the length of the airport several times, before by sheer chance finding our pets dumped unattended in a corner. There was no porter service, and nobody would help. Check-in for our departing flight was a nightmare, with nobody seeming to be interested in checking the pets, nor knowing how or where it should be done. In the end, this took 4 hours. We then had to watch as they were taken onto the tarmac and left in the sun while all the rest of people's luggage was loaded - thankfully, it early in the year so not too hot. When we asked (politely) if anyone could phone down to handling staff and ask that the dogs be moved at least into the shade, we were answered with indifference by one member of staff, rudeness and aggression by another. I would never travel through this airport again, these must be the rudest and most unpleasant people I have ever encountered. Pity you cannot award no stars in this review, because that's what I would give.
Date VisitMarch 2018