Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

"incredibly rude to myself and my travel partner"

Not Verified | I was in the Amsterdam airport on 20 July 2019 going through the security check point near ‘gate M’ where the male security person was incredibly rude to myself and my travel partner. The way he spoke to both of us and how he mocked me to his colleague was unacceptable! I was very disappointed with the treatment by this staff member in this airport. The staff at the security gate should receive some training on developing skills when communicating with travellers.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"all the signages are clear"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Passport check had a long queue but it moved fast enough to catch my flight. From international arrival to Schengen area departure, the security check was very careful and it took around 30 minutes including opening my backpack. The airport is big but all the signages are clear and easy to find directions wherever you want to go. Public toilets are a bit lame compared to such a scale of the airport. However, the wifi service didn't work out according to the instruction due to some technical bugs I guess.

"nice number of shops"

Trip Verified | Very busy airport, but is well connected to the trains. The airport is busy but has a nice number of shops. We had to walk quite a distance to find check-in 1A from the train station. Staff are friendly and professional. Not enough seats though. It would be good if the airport has more seats at the boarding gates
Date VisitJuly 2019

"long lines of baggage check in"

Trip Verified | We missed a flight connection due to long lines of baggage check in. Our lay-over was 2 hrs 10 min. but the KLM agent who informed us the flight was no longer taking bags said 3 hrs is what they recommend for changes involving passport verification bag retrieval and re-check in. The result was our having to purchase new flights back home
Date VisitJune 2019

"treated with such disdain by staff"

Trip Verified | To begin with all the important stuff, security, passport control etc is fine. However the hospitality services are universally dreadful. I travel from Schiphol regularly and have probably dropped into most of the eateries for a drink and occasionally some food. The quality of the produce varies but the service is so lax it’s apparent that the staff in every outlet hate their jobs and really aren’t bothered that people are there to catch planes. Schedules are tight, service doesn’t match. This fact also stretches to some of the gate staff. During one departure a passenger had vomited on the floor at the gate. People were forced to move away the smell was so awful. On informing the gate staff I was literally told it “wasn’t their job” to sort the situation and when I pushed the issue was openly treated with contempt and laughed at. Airports are supposed to be places that put you at your ease and for many people are the places from where begins a well earned holiday. To be treated with such disdain by the majority of staff is quite unforgivable especially considering the amount of money we spend there. To end on a lighter note the staff on the makeup counter in Duty Free were a delight when I asked for help with buying gifts for my daughters. So it’s not all bad, but what is substandard takes the shine off the good.

"the worst airport ever"

Trip Verified | This is the worst airport ever! After landing and taxiing forever to the gate (it is so far you could almost fly to gate!) Then walking for 30 minutes to the connecting gate! Next highlight, they then bus you to the plane!
Date VisitMay 2019

" worst airport I have used"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | This is the worst airport I have used. You have to walk/run from one end of the airport to the other, to reach the gate of a connecting flight. Walk or run with your carry on bags (8-10 Kg) for miles, not a baggage cart anywhere. Nowhere along the way is there any info screens, so you have no idea if your connecting flight is ontime, or what gate to go to. When you finaly arrive at the area there are info screens. Therefor they have turned them upside down so they can show more flights. As the screens is really small, this does not help much. Your flight is only displayed for 2 seconds, then other flights is shown. This is hardly enough time to find your flight, check the time, and to see what gate you have to go to.
Date VisitMay 2019

"security staff very unfriendly"

Trip Verified | I'm traveling quite often and also time to time in transit through Schiphol airport. This time, I have been very surprised by the security staff behaviour which was very unfriendly and not polite. The worst is that is was not only one specific person it was all the 4 staff. Is it a new management recommendation? Come on, security is important but please keep humanity, smile and politness when you work with public.
Date VisitMay 2019

"poorly thought out processes"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | The airport is generally nice, but the IT infrastructure is terrible. I signed up for premium wifi but after taking my money, it deposited me on an empty page. When I tried to log back in, it asked for a password I was never assigned. I also received no email giving me a password. Basically, it took my money but left me with no premium wifi access. When I contacted customer support for help they told me I could only get a refund via bank transfer - which might be free and reasonable if I lived in Europe but is useless if you don't (due to transfer fees). The customer service agent tried to help, but was unable to. Then, when it looked like he might be able to at least get me a password the chat dropped out. Friendly people, nice space, but very poorly thought out processes.
Date VisitMay 2019

"airport is above its capacity"

Trip Verified | I think the airport is above its capacity, all the lines and everything just simply take too long. Here’s some examples, when we retrieved our luggage, the first bag didn’t make it on to the belt till 30 minutes after arrival! Then on the way through security, my bag was put to the side for extra checking. I stoood there for a whole 20 minutes waiting for an agent to check my bag. I twice tried to flag down an agent to ask for someone to look at the bag and they just kept saying wait wait. I’m not exaggerating the time either, this is what prompted me to write this review, I travel a lot and this is hands down the worst experience. Then more long lines for passport control and also we waited in line for 45 minutes to drop off our bags with KLM, not sure if that’s the airport responsibility or KLM, but KLM has every counter staffed so seemed like it’s just that the airport is over capacity.c