Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

" worst airport I have used"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | This is the worst airport I have used. You have to walk/run from one end of the airport to the other, to reach the gate of a connecting flight. Walk or run with your carry on bags (8-10 Kg) for miles, not a baggage cart anywhere. Nowhere along the way is there any info screens, so you have no idea if your connecting flight is ontime, or what gate to go to. When you finaly arrive at the area there are info screens. Therefor they have turned them upside down so they can show more flights. As the screens is really small, this does not help much. Your flight is only displayed for 2 seconds, then other flights is shown. This is hardly enough time to find your flight, check the time, and to see what gate you have to go to.
Date VisitMay 2019

"security staff very unfriendly"

Trip Verified | I'm traveling quite often and also time to time in transit through Schiphol airport. This time, I have been very surprised by the security staff behaviour which was very unfriendly and not polite. The worst is that is was not only one specific person it was all the 4 staff. Is it a new management recommendation? Come on, security is important but please keep humanity, smile and politness when you work with public.
Date VisitMay 2019

"poorly thought out processes"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | The airport is generally nice, but the IT infrastructure is terrible. I signed up for premium wifi but after taking my money, it deposited me on an empty page. When I tried to log back in, it asked for a password I was never assigned. I also received no email giving me a password. Basically, it took my money but left me with no premium wifi access. When I contacted customer support for help they told me I could only get a refund via bank transfer - which might be free and reasonable if I lived in Europe but is useless if you don't (due to transfer fees). The customer service agent tried to help, but was unable to. Then, when it looked like he might be able to at least get me a password the chat dropped out. Friendly people, nice space, but very poorly thought out processes.
Date VisitMay 2019

"airport is above its capacity"

Trip Verified | I think the airport is above its capacity, all the lines and everything just simply take too long. Here’s some examples, when we retrieved our luggage, the first bag didn’t make it on to the belt till 30 minutes after arrival! Then on the way through security, my bag was put to the side for extra checking. I stoood there for a whole 20 minutes waiting for an agent to check my bag. I twice tried to flag down an agent to ask for someone to look at the bag and they just kept saying wait wait. I’m not exaggerating the time either, this is what prompted me to write this review, I travel a lot and this is hands down the worst experience. Then more long lines for passport control and also we waited in line for 45 minutes to drop off our bags with KLM, not sure if that’s the airport responsibility or KLM, but KLM has every counter staffed so seemed like it’s just that the airport is over capacity.c

"Very friendly airport"

(Croatia)

Trip Verified | Very friendly airport, easy transition from and to the Schengen area. There is a lot of traffic but there are enough bars and cafes. Good signage, good shopping can be done. A transfer airport is recommended.
Date VisitApril 2019

"really like the airport"

Trip Verified | I really like the airport. The line at the security was short, the signage clear, staff were friendly, everything was clean, many places to sit and there were many stores, bars and restaurants. My flight was delayed for 2 hours but because of all the shops, I still had things to do. All the glass at the gates provided a nice view of the planes and runways. The toilets, bars and shops are not too far removed from the gates so you can easily get a quick coffee or snack.
Date VisitMay 2019

"General mayhem around the airport"

Trip Verified | Airport is very crowded, although the entire process of check in, immigration and security checks are very efficient. As economy class, I was told to go to another place rather than Terminal - although where, we were not sure. Something 2 was said so I tried Terminal 2. General mayhem around the airport - it was difficult to walk around. The airport is no frills and efficient but very busy. I was unable to buy any liquids to Australia.
Date VisitMay 2019

"facilities are very complete"

(China)

Not Verified | This is the place where my first trip arrived. I was very impressed with the taste of coffee. Everything is very good compared to Beijing Capital International Airport. The facilities are very complete and there is a small museum that I really like. The most important point is that although my English is not very good, there are no obstacles to eating and shopping here. I highly recommend it here.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"Not acceptable and disgraceful"

Not Verified | On April 10, 2019 I traveled via KLM 1414 from Lyon to Amsterdam with a connection on Delta 0075 to Atlanta. Due to the use of stairs to deplane I requested wheelchair assistance. I was delighted that my flight from Lyon arrived early thus affording me extra time. I was taken from the plane a put in a “holding area” and was told a colleague would come by momentarily to take me to my Delta flight. After waiting over 20 minutes I asked the “agent” when I would be taken to my gate. She said passengers were scheduled by flight departure not flight boarding time. I arrived at the “holding area” at 11:30 and my flight departed at 13:00. The “agent” refused to get me a wheelchair and unfortunately by the time she and several other colleagues argued about it, it was 12:40. An agent was literally running with me in a wheelchair to my gate and we arrived just as the boarding doors were being closed! Not acceptable and disgraceful.
Date VisitApril 2019

"avoid this airport in future"

Trip Verified | We should have had plenty of time to make our connection but we very nearly missed our connecting flight due to the huge "lines" at the passport verification area and virtually zero organization / control of the enormous mass of frustrated travelers trying to get to their gates in time to make their flights. It was utter chaos. The only reason we were able to make our flight is that we were among the very, very lucky few who were able to get the attention of an agent and convince her we would miss our flight if we didn't get escorted through the crowd to the officials checking passports, who seemed blissfully oblivious to the nightmare unfolding a short distance away as they casually went about their jobs and cheerfully chit-chatted with each other. We made it onto our plane 3 - 4 minutes before the doors closed. I have no doubt that many unfortunate travelers missed their flights this morning. I will avoid this airport in the future unless I have at least a 3 - 4 hour window between flights.