Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

"This airport is horrific and should be avoided if possible"

Not Verified | This airport is horrific and should be avoided if possible, 70% of the staff are fantastic and happy to help when they can yet there are some others that are really rude and shouldn’t be doing this job. I fully understand how difficult it can become for them but it’s their job to assist and try to control the situation professionally. The way that people are stopped and guided thorough the security is completely wrong and needs to change, it’s actually dangerous and causing panic among people. You are instructed not to get to the airport if your departure is more than 4 hours away but it takes you this time to get though security and when the staff are asked if they will make the flight that’s when you are told its not my problem, just stand in line with everyone else. You feel like your on a cattle farm being rounded up for slaughter, in fact I think cattle may have a better experience. Flights are delayed yet the staff are almost sleeping or on the telephone looking at the luggage and not putting it on the flight. Utterly disgusting, unprofessional staff and if I could avoid this place.
Date VisitJune 2022

"Avoid this airport at all costs"

Trip Verified | Avoid this airport at all costs for connecting flights. Travelled from Johannesburg to Lyon via Amsterdam Schiphol. Had a 2 hour transfer time and in 2 hours we didn't even manage to get past the first security check, the line was terribly slow only 1 belt was open. Ended up missing our connection to France and having to spend another 12 hours in the airport waiting for the next flight.
Date VisitJune 2022

"Avoid Schiphol at all costs"

Not Verified | Avoid Schiphol at all costs. Entered line for Security at 14.20 where sign said 60 mins. Got upstairs at 15.20, sign there now says another 70 mins to clear Security. People collapsing in queue. People crying as flights missed. No help from staff whatsoever - simply told stay in line. Clear Security after 150 mins of queueing. Arrive at gate and, an hour late, board plane. Then informed that Schiphol has not yet unloaded previous passengers luggage. Flight waits an hour for any ground crew to turn up but none do. Flight departs with wrong luggage and zero assurances that we will ever see our bags again. At no point was there any sense of people in Schiphol knowing what they were doing. If anything were to happen, the staff such as they are would simply not be able to cope. It is an extremely dangerous situation which would not be allowed anywhere else. Overall easily the worst experience I have had in 40odd years or travel all over the world. Avoid if at all possible.
Date VisitJune 2022

"travelers should stay away from this airport"

Not Verified | This airport is far and away the worst airport experience I have ever had. First, their directions, especially for how to get through security are about as unclear as it can get. Then once you do finally figure it out, it took me about 2 and a half hours to get through the winding security line. The utter unorganization of it all was pretty incredible. Then to top it all off, our flight switched gates 4 different times and was delayed 3 separately times for a total of 5 hours. Again I say, far and away the worst airport experience I’ve ever had and travelers should stay away from this airport.
Date VisitJune 2022

"Terrible experience arriving at the airport"

Not Verified | Terrible experience arriving at the airport from Lisbon with a KLM flight. I was travelling with a dog that was checked in Lisbon at 10 am travelling in a crate in the plane cargo. On arrival (16:00) I couldn't find my dog, nobody was there to help, I have literally went back and forward every place of the airport and found a lift were I was told my dog would come up from. When the doors opened other 2 crates with other pets arrived with nobody to escort them or to check that they would be reunited with the owner. Unfortunately my dog wasn't there so I had to restart asking all over and I was told to wait by the flight's luggage belt at the oversized luggages. Again no sign of my dog and nobody to assist or to ask to. Obviously custom Police staff didn't have a clue as is not their duty but they were at least polite. After more than one hour from landing I was still looking for my dog and I than started searching for any office with some staff in it to ask. Finally got to speak to a lady with KLM uniform and she contacted via radio the staff from the basement so we managed to know that the dog had been left in a room with frosted glass doors and a security access that even the staff with their badge couldn't access. I had to wait another 20 minutes for the doors to be opened and finally got my dog back. She is now extremely reluctant to enter a crate were before she had no problem at all.
Date VisitJune 2022

"Rude and arrogant staff"

(Azerbaijan)

Trip Verified | A horrible experience at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport. 2 hours in line to drop the bags and get to the security control. Rude and arrogant staff with zero customer service experience. Polite and respectful officers that used to work at Schiphol are, unfortunately, gone for good. Absolutely disappointed. Worst airport experience ever. Will think twice before I use Amsterdam airport again
Date VisitJune 2022

"3.5 hours in line to get through security"

Trip Verified | Do not use this airport if you have any other choices. 3.5 hours waiting in line to get through security, most of that outside in the cold. Staff rude, abrupt, arrogant and very unhelpful. Had a lovely time in Amsterdam which was amazing but our experience at the airport has left not ever wanting to go back.
Date VisitJune 2022

"Total chaos and no organization"

Trip Verified | Horrible experience, took 3 hours to enter security. Total chaos and no organization. No staff to be seen for information. And everywhere trash from food left behind. Whats happening with this airport. I am ashamed for our country.
Date VisitJune 2022

"the worst lines I have ever seen"

Not Verified | By far the worst lines I have ever seen. If it means I have to fly into and out of this airport to visit Amsterdam, I don’t think I will. I got to the airport 4 hours early and still missed my flight. Just a disgrace.
Date VisitJune 2022

"Schiphol takes bad to a new low"

Trip Verified | Shockingly bad. Counters for Singapore Airlines mostly open, but staff seem to be inexperienced - hence, a long queue even for business class. Then snaking queues to just get into the queue to go through security. Priority passengers get to skip a lot of the queueing but security is a major bottleneck. The process stalls frequently and without good reason. Next, after 90 minutes, our plane cannot take off as most of the passengers are still stuck at security. We will miss our connecting flight not due to Singapore Airlines but Schiphol. Schiphol takes bad to a new low - unfortunately, it will be the airlines that suffer.