Amman Queen Alia Airport

"dingy and already out of date"

Trip Verified | Amman Airport is a strange one. Flying at night. The airport looked dingy and already out of date. I can't imagine where all the money went on it's recent renovation. It's bright spot is that transit was painless and quick and the Free WIFI is good. I was worried that my check in baggage would not make it since my transit was only 1h20min but it arrive on time. Security did seem quite lax. The staff were friendly and welcoming. Ok for short transfers. I didn't notice any water refill points.
Date VisitJune 2022

"terminal is not clean"

(China)

Trip Verified | The arrival terminal is not clean, the immigration counter is not clean, and has dozens of fingerprints on it, which may lead to the spread of diseases. The luggage carts are also unclean, and the bathrooms are unclean and smell unpleasant. I felt like I was in an unclean public bus station, not an airport, and a lot of people smoke inside and outside the airport.
Date VisitMay 2022

"extremely strange control and confiscation"

Trip Verified | I travelled through Amman airport twice (two arrivals and two departures) and while I am relatively happy with how the airport operates, an extremely strange control and confiscation of the most unusual object took place. Namely, both times while exiting the security my rucksak with photographic equipment was scrutinized, and on the first occasion they literally confiscated the small blower for cleaning sensors on digital mirror cameras! i could not believe it and checked with them several times, and yet they insisted that that object specifically was prohibited and that it was being confiscated! Seriously, I cannot imagine what danger that object can pose to anyone to deserve to be placed on prohibited lists, save from, perhaps, blowing off sugar powder from a cookie served with tea during the flight. This was the strangest thing that has ever been confiscated from me. On my second departure they again brutally searched my photo rucksack, but this time did not find anything worth confiscating, because, naturally, I did not buy another one knowing I would be passing through their hands again. Very strange, indeed.
Date VisitMay 2022

"One of the worst experiences"

(Jordan)

Not Verified | One of the worst experiences I have ever had. Being a frequent traveler through this airport, this was the worst experience. The airport security have zero respect for people in the way they treat everyone, I waited at the belt for more than two hours for my bag and then I had to guess that the bag is being held for security check, no warning or notification that I need to attend to my bag in a separate place. After reaching there I had to stand in line for a long and very slow moving line to go in a room, search through dozens of bag and locate my bag. There was no reason told for holding the bag, and after delaying it for 2.5 hours it just took 3 seconds on the belt to release it. What a lack if respect of humans and their time. I do not recommend using this airport if you can avoid it.
Date VisitMay 2022

"I won't use this airport again"

Trip Verified | Ridiculous that you can smoke in lounge but smoking area in terminal is closed, apparently due to Covid. So lounge customers are obviously immune. I won't use this airport again.
Date VisitApril 2022

"the airport structure and shape is fantastic"

(Saudi Arabia)

Not Verified | First of all, all I have to mention is that the airport structure and shape is fantastic. Rain arrived once I arrived to the airport, making the experience better. Duty free is filled with everything you need, from liquor, tobacco, candies and more! Staff were so friendly. I have to give this airport a 10/10.
Date VisitSeptember 2021

"inefficient staff"

Not Verified | Totally disappointed. Not so friendly and inefficient staff. Looks they are on cutting on expenses. All travellators out of operation. All smoking areas closed. Wish had known this before hand. Never take this airport specially if you are a smoker.
Date VisitSeptember 2021

"such an awful experience"

Trip Verified | I used to be a flight attendant for 12 years , visited above 100 airports around the world, never seen such rudeness and negligence like the one I have lately experienced at queen alia airport . The staff are so rude and aggressive, especially at the security and screening area, the luggage handlers are not available on both arrivals and departures, the duty free is pathetic and the facilities are very poor. If you try to a speak to them they threaten you. It was such an awful experience. I hope they understand how this could affect the tourism and the reputation of the country.
Date VisitAugust 2021

"Unprofessional airport staff"

(Jordan)

Not Verified | Unprofessional airport staff. Security personnel questioned me as to why I was waiting to pass through the diplomatic line because of my look and because I was not wearing a suit! When they saw my diplomatic residency and verified my passport they went through all the items in my carry on and insisted that I cannot have a hand lotion and foot cream with me on the plane (package is 100ml) and for that I had to buy an extra piece of luggage that cost me 107jod ($150) to have a 1.4 kg shipped as cargo. I also checked with the RJ counter attendant to allow me to have this in my bag knowing that I was shipping only 1 bag of 17kg and my allowance is 30kg, the lady was so rude and insisted that I either throw the hand lotion gift I was carrying or buy an extra bag which I ended doing. This is not the first time that airport staff at QAIA have acted in such way and as usual rudeness and unprofessionalism should be adopted as a slogan when someone deals with any Jordanian official.
Date VisitMay 2021

"treated like trash by security staff and police"

Not Verified | The worst experience of my life. Because we have a Saudi ID, we were denied entry into Jordan after paying for Visas and PCR COVID on arrival tests. Hotel was booked and plans were all made. We got taken into a super dirty room with people on the floor and crying babies. Felt like a refugee camp in an airport with people here for 2 weeks (from Yemen) without a shower to wait for the next flight home. They tried to take our phones away and we needed to ask for permission to use the WC. We then finally got deported after the German embassy managed to speed up our case (16 hours is quick in comparison) and get us on a flight. Super rude and toxic police and airport staff: fast fast! they say to us (if they speak English) and when they work it’s „five minutes“ which turn into 20 minutes easily. Every police office is full of smoke and nobody knows what to do but smoke cigarettes and watch things on their smartphone. We came as tourists to visit this country and spend money there but guests are treated like trash by the security staff and police officers.
Date VisitApril 2021