Albuquerque Airport

"Very frustrating"

Not Verified | Very frustrating - today 6/27, 11.30 am, B gates going through pre-check TSA my husband was returning with our son (12) to San Diego. The lady at TSA said “our son couldn’t go through security without an ID”. Patently false - he flew RT to Texas the week prior. This is a training issue and she almost caused them to miss their flight! Please train your staff!
Date VisitJune 2021

"I have had horrid customer service"

Not Verified | Avoid American Airlines at this airport. I have had horrid customer service in December 2020 and January 2021. I had a female ticketing agent charge me $170 for 1 overweight bag (54 lbs) because she claimed my husband's military orders were dated in March. Orders aren't posted the month you transfer ma'am. As a 17 year active duty wife, I may know a thing or two. Then said "just because you are a military dependent doesn't mean you get free luggage". I never in my life have experienced such horrid disrespect. On top of it I am a COVID crisis relief RN. I was blown away and have since vowed to never fly American again.
Date VisitJanuary 2021

"lines were so incredibly long"

Not Verified | This airport can’t seem to handle the passenger traffic. I was flying American on May 21, my flight was delayed to the point that I wouldn’t make my transfer. I was bumped to the next day and the check-in lines were so incredibly long that I missed my flight the next morning and was forced to fly standby. I have heard similar things from friends flying Southwest Airlines at this airport
Date VisitMay 2019

"TSA are almost always rude"

Not Verified | Very rude TSA, been through many time and always felt it was very quick and easier to get through other than the airport staff. Not the airline staff, they are great. But TSA are almost always rude, barely smile and speak down to people going through. Not just my family but others around us in the line, and really there is nothing you can say. It is not necessary to always look like you are in a bad mood and don't want to be at work.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"convenient and reasonably priced"

This is my favorite airport. There is rarely a line to check in and check baggage or for security. On site airport parking is convenient and reasonably priced. After getting through security there is a wide assortment of restaurants and shops along with an aircraft observation lounge. There is an abundance of seating in the gate areas and the free airport wifi is very fast. Definitely recommend.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"an airport in decline"

ABQ is a wonderful small airport however it is an airport in decline. The basic problem is lack of competition by carriers in the Albuquerque market. Southwest has significantly cut back service to/from ABQ and eliminated non stop service to a number of cities like Seattle and Portland. I addition this lack of competition reflects in much higher fares to the same cities when compared to fares from DEN. Why the airport management at ABQ is not more aggressive in attracting carriers to the Sunport is a mystery. Without more competition in the Albuquerque market to only alternative for non-stop service at reasonable prices is to fly from DEN and do the drive to the Denver airport.

"great regional airport"

Great regional airport. Good food - reflecting the unique New Mexican cuisine. From drop off through ticketing and security shouldn't take more than 15 minutes. As stated before the observation area is nice and quiet - with good views of the Monzano mountains and the active runways. Decor is South-western and very classic - with a lot of the original building that existed prior to the terminal upgrade back in the 1990s. It's not O'Hare with lots of flight options but also not the delays and crowds. Just wish there were more flights as prices can be high to various hub cities.

"worst airport I have visited"

The worst airport I have visited. My flight arrived here as a connection that was delayed so we arrived close to midnight. Aside from janitors there was no one that worked for the airport readily available. As I attempted to sleep in the very poorly heated terminal until the next morning I was woken up by a security guard who told me that I cant sleep in the terminal and must go outside and then re-enter security in the morning. In the morning I was informed by the TSA agent that even though I was active duty military I cannot go through the pre-approval line unless I'm in uniform even though she knew that we are no longer supposed to travel in uniform.

"easy get away and arrival"

I have used ABQ for departure and arrival 3 or 4 times mostly at a time when I was doing business with a local company. What I appreciated most about this airport was the easy get away and arrival. The traffic was never bad and that allowed me to get my car and get out or get to the airport and on to the check in counter with little delay or problem. The facilities are not extensive and the amenities are modest. But with 25 gates it is not overwhelming. The facilities are also aesthetically quite pleasing.

"fast baggage claim"

A shame ABQ doesn't have many flights other than Southwest because it is definitely the best airport in the Southwest. Good security fast baggage claim and no terminal transfers since they hold everything in one building which even blends into its surroundings. Food is a little pricey as well but otherwise it is harder to find a better airport.