Adelaide Airport

"forced to disobey the guard to get my son"

Not Verified | Unfortunately this traveling experience with my baby was horrible and distressing! Before I continue I will state I reported the matter and the reply from complaints was that they see no problem with the way the security guard contacted himself. A security guard stopped me from entering through the x-ray with my barely walking 17 month old. My baby walked through and off into a mass of people and I was stopped for gaining control over my child with threats and overbearing body language. I was actually told to leave my child and return through the machine alone! I was forced to disobey the guard to get my son, so I was terribly scared of what he would do. Terrible response from my concerns as well Adelaide.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"arrival a horrendous experience"

Trip Verified | I have been a frequent flyer for many years with an average flight count of around 85 flights per year for the last 14 years, nationally and international. I used to be happy coming back to Adelaide but the last 2 years arrival at Adelaide to be a horrendous experience. The level of incompetence in getting people through was simply unbelievable. To put you in the picture, this experience I am going to describe happend almost the same on my last 3 international flights, all this year. So, my plane arrived first, a standard A380, followed 25 minutes later by another small international flight. Getting of the plane - quick, getting through passport control - quick and that is where the good part finishes. The luggage took 48 minutes to arrive, on 1 luggage carousel. By the time my bag arrived the queue was returning 3 times around the carousel, you could not even get to the end. Only one office checked the arrival card of every one, talked and saw the growing line building up. She send at least 60% through a line to be checked, and after another 15 minutes in the queue she did that to me too, even though I am APEC member. Another 12 minutes wait before the Officer could attend to me, x-rayed my bag and send me through. I was not allowed to inform my waiting driver (no phones or texting allowed) and he left by the time I came out over an hour later, so I had to join the Taxi queue. I have been to many bad managed airports, Rome, Dhaka, Athens, etc., but Adelaide is the undisputed champion for the worst international arrival service I have experienced. Better arrive from your international leg in Melbourne and take a domestic flight to Adelaide, you will be faster.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"the baggage wait is horrendous"

Trip Verified | I can safely say as a regular international traveller by far the worst international airport I've landed at is Adelaide. It has one carousel and even under moderate pressure the baggage wait is horrendous. In my case about 3 planes had landed and it took about an hour and a half to just get my bag. In total over 2 hours to finally get out the door. This place is a sad joke and if possible international travellers should avoid it at all costs and land at a decent Australian international airport.
Date VisitJune 2019

"have never been so let down by a service"

I have never reviewed a place before. But I have never been so let down by a service before either. We arrived and had a rocky landing. No big deal. Went to the bathroom straight after landing and then went to walk out the front. We walked through the electric door that took us to the rest of the airport and my little sister realised she had left her phone in the bathroom. We turned around and the doors had just shut behind us and we couldn’t get back in. We asked she security guy if she could run to the bathroom and he said no. Once you walk past the line you can’t come back. We asked how we could get in and he simply pointed in a direction and ignored us. Everything was closed, it was 11pm. We tried to ask him again how we could get back in and he still flat out ignored us. Another staff member walked past and said dont stand near the door. When we asked him where we could go him simply talked over us and said don’t negotiate. You can’t go in. Go away from the line. My little sister was in tears and she had saved and worked so hard to get her new phone. We called out the passengers coming through and asked them go check the toilets for us. We were so lucky that the passengers coming through were helpful because the staff would not even tell us how we could retrieve it. We weren’t trying to argue, weren’t drunk or loud. We simply wanted help. I understand their security reasons and wanting to keep the place safe. But the rudeness and lack of helpfulness from several staff member was disgusting. Worst help. Worst manners. Worst people.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"the best in Australia"

Not Verified | I do not know if I have hometown bias, but in terms of overall ease of use to and cleanliness, it is the best in Australia and by far anything in America. However, it does not compete with large airports such as Singapore and Sydney for amenities and shopping.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"lack of seating throughout"

Trip Verified | Very narrow laneway for hire car entry obscured by plants. Not impressed by the lack of space to enter with luggage. Only way was via very tiny lifts with a shared open button causing it to be pressed accidentally several times and required an 'airport guide' to explain this to others. Once inside the floors were covered in dirt. Very slow and rude airport staff with very poor communication skills. Filthy trays and conveyor. Lack of seating throughout whether before check in, after customs, at the gate or for restaurants. Filthy toilets with no paper towels. No wifi. No phone charge outlet.
Date VisitJune 2018

"nice little airport"

Trip Verified | Nice little airport. The airbridges are lower than the terminal so on arrival you go up a ramp, departures down the ramp before the air bridge. Small airport but it has everything you need as a traveller except perhaps a hotel in the grounds. Finding our rental car required walking over the large concourse to a car park, however being Adelaide this was easy. Departure seemed to be a little slow going through security with backup. This airport is still a nice one to travel through with food and drink options after security, clean toilets and well marked gates with good views to the runway
Date VisitApril 2018

"staff went above and beyond"

Verified Review | I had an unexpected emergency landing at Adelaide Airport in October, and I only have praise for the staff working here. Everyone was helpful, friendly and professional. All staff went above and beyond to assist where possible. Amazing staff.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"a quite lovely experience"

I travelled to Melbourne from Adelaide. I really love the check in area. It's clean, modern, and easy to use. Sercurity was swift and the staff were inviting. Most facilities were bang on. Seats were clean and comfortable. The lavatories at the airport are very clean, and there is plenty of room in the terminal. The stores for books and food were all clean and well laid out. However boarding was not the quickest (not fast or slow) and the staff didn't greet many passengers (although they greeted myself and my family). Overall, this airport is very modern and a quite lovely experience when travelling here.
Date VisitJune 2016

"tiny baggage collection area"

Disembarked at Adelaide from Singapore Airlines flight SQ279 at about 0700, which also coincided with the arrival of a Malaysia Airlines 747. I hadn't walked down the concourse before with the murals on the wall - very impressive. I thought that perhaps Adelaide was finally getting on a par with other International Arrival venues! Wrong. After queuing for 45 minutes to get through customs (it would have taken longer of we didn't have an e-passport identifying system), one arrives in a tiny baggage collection area with the smallest carousel (one only) I have ever seen! It took another hour to collect two suitcases, with people jostling and pushing. Then another 45 minutes queuing around an endless racetrack of tape (with people pushing in under the tape - there was no supervision of queue protocol) we finally went through baggage inspection! Adelaide - get real! A third rate arrivals area and not a good start to people coming here for a holiday.
Date VisitApril 2017