ZIPAIR

"can highly recommend ZIPAIR"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | A great experience! Everything was easy. Traveling with hand luggage we could use the boarding pass machines at check in. The boarding process went smooth. Inside the cabin we got good chairs with enough space for big and tall people. Free wifi during the flight was awesome. I can highly recommend ZIPAIR for your flight to Seoul!
RouteNarita to Seoul
Date FlownJuly 2023

"a very pleasant experience"

Not Verified | My first time flying Zip Air was a very pleasant experience. Easy check in at Narita Airport, polite and helpful check in staff. The boarding was on time and very easy. The aircraft was clean and modern, the seats were 100% reclinable and Business cubes, you were provided a travel pack. The pre ordered meal was excellent and fresh. The flight attendant's were checking if I needed anything and appeared to enjoy their job. This low coast Japan Airlines owned Airline has changed what it is like to fly on a low cost carrier, I will definitely fly with them again. I hope they will increase their flight destinations. Am a real fan of Zip Air
AircraftBoeing787
RouteTokyo to Bangkok
Date FlownJuly 2023

"missed the ZIPAIR Tokyo flight"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | My Spirit Airlines flight from NY to Detroit was delayed. I missed the Spirit Airlines flight from Detroit to LAX because of the delay. The next flight was 12 hours later. Got to LAX at 3pm and missed the ZIPAIR Tokyo flight. Talked to both airlines to resolve issue and both denied to offer me help. Had to ask other airlines for assistance. Zipair denied to help, I have been sleeping in airports for 4 days now. I had paid for insurance but they didnt care.
RouteLos Angeles to Tokyo
Date FlownJuly 2023

"I was a couple minutes late"

Not Verified | I paid for three flights, but only flew once, and there's no refund. For the last flight I was supposed to take they wouldn't issue a boarding pass because I was a couple minutes late for their rule to check in 1 hour before departure. So, it ended up costing me over $2,000 to fly another airline because of their rule.
RouteHonolulu to Tokyo
Date FlownApril 2023

"I’d highly recommend ZIPAIR"

Not Verified | A small bottle of water is $2. Cup of coffee $4. It is certainly easy enough to bring snacks/food from home, or pick something up from the airport, just be forewarned. You will pay $50-$80 for any checked bags, up to three. They did not check the weight of my carry-on on the way to Japan, but did for the return flight. And as one of my checked bags was overweight, I had to re-distribute from on to another there at the check-in counter, but that was fine and the agent helped me so I didn’t have to pay for an additional suitcase. The seat was very comfortable, but you’re only able to partially recline it. There is no video screen, no in-flight entertainment, and the only Wi-Fi we were able to access went directly to their service site where you could order food and drinks. This is no frills but the airfare was $800 less than any other carrier. So even with a connecting flight on Southwest, and staying overnight in a hotel near the airport in San Jose (Hyatt Place, highly recommended) I still came out $500 under any other fare. The days when “getting there is half the fun” are long gone. But if you want a bargain flight price with nice attendants, excellent baggage handling, excellent crew, I’d highly recommend ZIPAIR.
RouteSan Jose to Tokyo
Date FlownMay 2023

"there is no free water"

Trip Verified | I asked the ground crew during check in if I can fill in my water bottle, and they said that the cabin crew will help. Later when I asked the cabin crew for water, they said there is no free water.
RouteTokyo to Honolulu
Date FlownJune 2023

"I was 5 mins late to check-in"

Trip Verified | The customer service is horrible. Any mistakes you make during booking, they won’t able to change and require cancellation of booking. When that happen, they only partially refund your money. If you don’t check-in within 1 hour of departure at the counter you won’t able to fly. The plane are small and they charge you on every single things including a plastic cup. And they picky about your carry-on weight. Overall, you think you save money by going cheap then its actually the opposite. You will spend a lot more money if you are late to the check-in. Or if you mess up the flight date. This is based on my experienced. Because those events above mention did happen to me. I was 5 mins late to check-in even when the plane departure is in 1 hour. They wouldn't check-in us in.
RouteTokyo to Los Angeles
Date FlownMay 2023

"Nothing to complain about really"

Not Verified | Nothing to complain about really, normal seats, OK food, good service, extra beer and wine for just a few $, orders go via inflight wifi and delivered straight to your seat. Free internet too but speeds are very slow. Overall, with the fare+bag fee+ seat fee+ food fee and extras it was still a few 100$ cheaper than flying with a major airline.
Date FlownMay 2023

"I heard back 3 months later"

Trip Verified | ZIPAIR completely broke my brand new luggage and refused to reimburse for damages. I filed an incident report at the baggage counter and I heard back 3 months later that the luggage (cracked and broken halfway through with multiple holes) was considered a 'scratch' and it 'happens'. I ironically bought the luggage the night before my flight so I wasted $400+ on its first flight with ZIPAIR. Wifi doesn’t work and there’s no TV to watch movies for the long flight. Cabin crew and food were the only decent experience for ZIPAIR.
RouteSan Jose to Tokyo
Date FlownMarch 2023

"Horrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Horrible customer service. Bought the ticket the same day as the flight and I wasn’t able to check in because I was too late. Went to the counter and I was told to call the help desk. Call help desk told me to cancel my flight and get 10% back of what I paid and book a new flight at full price. Because they couldn’t do anything else all thought the next flight had empty seats. Overall bad experience, nobody care to help out.
RouteSeuol to Tokyo