ZIPAIR

"ZIPAIR is not compensating me"

Trip Verified | ZIPAIR refuses to compensate me for damaged baggage. After landing in NRT, I found that everything in my baggage was wet and the outside of the suitcase was wetter than the inside, indicating that liquid had entered from the outside. I contacted Zipair via email to ask for compensation. However, ZIPAIR is not compensating me; they only provided a document for me to submit to insurance. I do not have insurance that covers damaged baggage.
RouteSan Jose to Tokyo Narita
Date FlownFebruary 2024

"can’t they be a little bit more lenient"

(Philippines)

Not Verified |   It is my first time to fly with ZIPAIR and knowing that it was a budget airline i didn’t really have high expectations. So when we came in the person on the counter asked us to put all our hand carry luggages all together, there are 3 of us so we should have 21kgs in total. It initially was 28kg all together which was way too much so we had to put the rest of our stuff inside the checked in luggages and then when we reweigh after it was 24kg. She still didn’t allow and wants us to remove more stuff so we opened our luggages again in front of the counter and transfered more stuff. I asked if we could just checked in 1 bag but she said since we only paid for 2 checked in luggages we can only check in 2 bags as well. So finally after the 3rd try it was now 20.8kg. Then it was finally time to weigh the 2 checked in luggages. I paid for x2 30kg luggages which in but ours in total was only 38kgs. I mean can’t they be a little bit more lenient with the luggages i know there are policies but it just doesn’t make sense to me at all. I just don’t understand why they have to be so strict with the hand carry luggages when there were so much weight left with our checked in luggages anyway. And They both go on the same plane? What was weird for me too was that they weighed our hand carry first before the checked in luggages which was a first for me. I’ve never experienced this with other airlines.
RouteTokyo to Manila
Date FlownFebruary 2024

"stewardesses were curt to me"

(Japan)

Not Verified | New plane with slightly spacious toilet. Nothing is included in the fare except the seat. Wifi is provided but spotty. Some devices cannot connect despite repeated tries. No free water. Poor choices of meals payable. The air stewardesses were curt to me, spoke limited English and told me outright no change of seats even though there were empty seats and we were allocated seats next to a giant who occupied 1.3z of a seat. One passenger could sleep over the entire row as there were 2 empty seats next to her. When we asked why she could occupy 3 seats when no change of seats was allowed the air stewardess loudly declared she is sick. I was queuing outside an occupied toilet but miraculously the stewardess manually opened the lock to allow a man with baby to pass me and the queue behind. So the toilet was not occupied why lock it and made us wait?
RouteNarita to Singapore

"The worst flight ever"

Trip Verified | The worst flight ever. No meals even a glass of water. You have to order and pay. That is the only reason why they provide free wifi which it give a limited access. You have to use your own cell phone or pad to watch few movies which again, are dating for few years (around 10 movies from 2012 and 2020, no new movie. The passenger crew past all the time to assure your security and check your seat belt! Really not appreciated my 2 flights.
RouteTokyo to San Francisco
Date FlownJanuary 2024

“Selection of meals are poor”

Not Verified | Basic. Budget. Seats though new are small. Inflight meals and drinks are not served and you’ve just got to wait for them to reheat your food if you ordered. Inflight orders are suspended till much later in the flight. So pack your drinks and snacks. It doesnt seem like we’re getting served anytime soon. Ordered the katsu sandwich. It’s served cold. Yucks. Selection of meals are poor. Just snacks and majority are sweets with a few cup noodles on the very basic menu. Inflight shopping is poor too. I hope we last the flight! Not sure if we will fly it again. We feel neglected.
RouteTokyo to Singapore
Date FlownJanuary 2024

ZIPAIR customer review

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | After the food service on my way to the lavatory I pass by the galley and decided to give them my food carton from the food service that was served because no one was collecting around for the trash. The FA said please take it back we will collect later! We ordered the same food for everyone. While the FA was asking for our boarding pass i told her that my niece’s pass was with his father 1 row away. She got annoyed and her tone was like she was scolding us that we shouldn't do it the next time we board the flight. The 30KG max per bag allowance can't be split into two-three bags. No wifi working
RouteManila to Narita
Date FlownDecember 2023

"low price with low-quality"

Not Verified | It is low price with low-quality service so far. I used ZIPAIR twice because it was cheaper than any other airline and it is based on a Japanese company. I experienced multiple uncomfortable moments. We couldn't get TSA Pre-approved ticket. . As a result, we couldn't go through TSA line. When landed at Narita airport, a flight attendant asked us to leave soon when we were still making sure we didn't leave anything around our seat. Yes, we were one of the last people. Our luggage was not by our seat, so we needed to wait for others to leave first. I used to travel 4-6 times a year. I used many different airlines. But, it was my first time being asked to leave soon. Wifi connection was disconnected multiple times. Low quality and poor connection. No free meal: No screen and movies: That's okay. As long as I have WIFI connection. The selection of movies was out-dated. Extra cost for check-in luggage: You pay more for heavier luggage. That's okay it is still money-saving. Well, do I recommend Zipair? Yes for money saving with accepting low quality service.
RouteSan Francisco to Tokyo
Date FlownSeptember 2023

"you pay extra for everything"

Trip Verified | For a budget airline it’s not bad you pay extra for everything and I knew this going into the flight. So I ordered two meals and had two waters. About 6 1/2 hours into my flight I went to the back of the plane and ask the attendant for a cup of ice to drink my water in so I could take my medicine. She said no ice on plane. Muffled with the post Covid mask on. I went back to my seat and drank my water and took my medicine. The WiFi didn’t work on both legs unless you wanted to order something from the attendant. Plus you get to recheck bags traveling through Japan each way.
RouteTokyo to Los Angeles
Date FlownDecember 2023

"didn't pay for seat reservation"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | They are cramping together all people that don't purchase expensive seat reservations (100 usd). Despite airplane is 3/4 empty they won't allow you to take free seats but you will be forced to stay cramped since you didn't pay for seat reservation.
RouteTokyo to Los Angeles
Date FlownDecember 2023

"Super nice budget airline"

(Denmark)

Not Verified | Super nice budget airline. Clean and stylish interior. Super friendly staff. I fly from Lax to Tokyo for about 200 bucks. Brought my own food and drinks. Hard to beat!
RouteLos Angeles to Tokyo