Xiamen Airlines

"overall a pleasant flight"

Trip Verified | It was overall a pleasant flight. The flight attendant is very familiar with the policies and helpful with the required custom forms under the pandemic. There is no hot food due to the pandemic, but it is totally understandable. I would recommend everyone get food from the airport or city before the get on board. Everyone is nice to the passengers in general, but the cabin manager is mean to her peer. I don't agree with that way of management. At least they should avoid making passengers feel that way.
RouteAmsterdam to Xiamen
Date FlownJune 2020

"I am extremely disappointed"

Not Verified | Los Angeles to Ho Chi Minh via Xiamen. I am extremely disappointed in the customer service I received from this airline. I paid $748.00 to change the flight for me and my partner, because I was given the wrong date to return on. $400 of that fee was just for them to make the change. Shortly after making this payment they involuntarily changed the flight I had just paid to change. I was able to call and cancel my flights but they refused to give me the $400 back for the cost the to make the change, which they immediately changed which take away the point of paying $400 of a specific flight home that matches our schedule.
RouteLos Angeles to Ho Chi Minh via Xiamen
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"looked fatter than my passport photo"

Trip Verified | Never fly with Xiamen airline again! Irresponsible staff and an airline who’s only interested in snatching money from customers. On November 2019 I was booked for the flight traveling from Seoul to Vancouver but at the check-in counter they denied my boarding because I looked fatter than my passport photo. What the hell! Another airline flew me back home and gave me no troubles, I passed border security checks absolutely no problems. Only ridiculous Xiamen airline caused me so much trouble. When I asked them to return my flight ticket money, they agreed, but it’s been 2 months now I still don’t see my money returned to my bank account. They never pick up their phones, when I try contacting by email they just give me excuses like oh we are still processing your return. Really? How many months do you need to process a return Xiamen airline?
RouteVancouver to Seoul via Xiamen
Date FlownNovember 2019

" Outstanding value for money"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Los Angeles via Xiamen return. Everything was great, check-in at Suvarnabhumi Airport was smooth and the flight from Bangkok to Xiamen was on-time and they served a tasty meal. We noticed how friendly the cabin crew were r. Only downside about the 737 from Bangkok is that there's no personal tv screen. At Xiamen Airport for our 18-hour layover, immigration process was smooth, we were eligible for a free transit visa. We received a free accommodation voucher by Xiamen Air. The hotel we were given was the airline's own Xiamen Air Hotel in the heart of Xiamen. The room had two double beds and included a Chinese buffet breakfast too. Xiamen to Los Angeles on Boeing 787-9 was better. Great on-board entertainment, with plenty of Hollywood movies to choose from. We were served 3 meals and a snack on the 12-hour journey to LAX. I applied for their free wifi in advance (only 50 spots per flight), which worked well. You only get 3-hours but it was free. One thing that surprised me was the English proficiency of their crew. An added bonus was the opportunity to visit the lovely Chinese coastal city of Xiamen. The price we paid for our return journey from BKK to LAX was almost half the price of a return ticket from BKK to SYD at the time of our departure. Outstanding value for money.
RouteBangkok to Los Angeles via Xiamen

"everything average"

(China)

Trip Verified | Dalian to Bangkok via Fuzhou. A very strange flight, both International and domestic passengers to Fuzhou, you then vacate the plane rush through immigration and then get back on the same plane with new customers from Fuzhou going to Bangkok. The return is the same, apart from at Dalian you are bused to the terminal in two separate buses, one for people from Bangkok the other for new passengers from Fuzhou. Bags come out in different sections of Dalian airport. It very confusing and only one hour on ground in Fuzhou, makes it a rush job. Seating average, food average, actually everything average.
RouteDalian to Bangkok via Fuzhou

"No humanity at all"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Manila via Xiamen. Your policy for re-booking is crazy. You are a money grabber. I will never book to your airline anymore. I will see to it that my relatives and friends here and around the world do not book a flight with your airlines because you're so greedy. No humanity at all!
RouteVancouver to Manila via Xiamen
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"This flight is the worst"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Fuzhou to Jakarta. This flight is the worst I have ever had. The plane have to divert to Palembang and there is no update on the Jakarta flight. All passengers have to wait with no certainty for several hours on the plane. This is the last trip with this airline
RouteFuzhou to Jakarta
Date FlownDecember 2019

"The seats are comfortable"

Trip Verified | Xiamen to Amsterdam. The flight attendants are kind, willing to assist with cabin luggage. The English they speak is okay. The seats are comfortable and stuff like long socks, blankets, earphones and pillows are offered. Most of the time, I fly solo with Xiamen Airlines, but this June when I flew with my partner (German nationality), they offered great help both by email and at the airport for my partner's 144 hours transit visa free, The food and beverages onboard is good; for breakfast and dinner they have at least two options between Chinese and Western food. The dishes taste good and the portion is big. During late night, they offer sandwiches and hand out some warm towels or tea. Before landing, breakfast is offered. The content of movies is a bit limiting for Hollywood movies, but there's a big collection of Chinese/Japanese and Korean series and films.
RouteXiamen to Amsterdam
Date FlownDecember 2019

"crew were really pleasant"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Xiamen via Amsterdam. The crew were really pleasant and went out of their way to be helpful. Very clean plane and comfortable seat - the usual lie flat. Entertainment was so poor with a very small selection of movies. Maybe we expect more as the western/mid-eastern airlines give you a really decent selection. The food was below par and no great shakes at all. Big no-no - they did not serve any vodka! This is a very first for me on any airline worldwide and I fly 30-40 times a year. With gin is this possibly the worlds most popular white spirt? I only drink an odd vodka and tonic so I went without. However, for the value and it was an offer, I had to give 4 stars. Other airlines for my destination were €4-500 more expensive and that is a big saving. If the fare narrows to €2-250 I would fly another.
RouteDublin to Xiamen via Amsterdam
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"probably the last time"

Trip Verified | Los Angles to Jakarta via Xiamen and a stop in Qingdao that was not mentioned during reservation. Very competent crew, attentive and I found them to have an OK English but not fluent. The food was good for the most part. Poor management with long layovers. The air line damaged one piece of the luggage that they would not acknowledge( was soaked in oil) also the airline would not honor the flown miles which was very odd after communicating with them numerous times regarding that. It was the first time flying with them and probably the last time.
RouteXiamen to Los Angeles