WOW air

WOW air customer review

Verified Review | Paris CDG to Los Angeles via Keflavik. After 4 hours of waiting WOW cancelled our flight due to "technical difficulties" they sent us all to a hotel for one night and told us to call there 1-800 number to rebook. They would not issue an immediate refun. We were told they would pay hotel until they could arrange a new flight. Upon arrival the hotel stated that was not true it was for one night. No one would answer their 1-800 number to reschedule. When they finally answered they said there was no flight for one week. Pretty much everyone had to get a new flight on another airline at there own cost. From what I see online WOW isn't refunding costs when they cancelled flights. Passengers also already paid a hefty baggage fee which should be refunded immediately. They left a plane full of people stranded and the few staff that were there were rude and unhelpful. They said they couldn't do a thing and gave us all a phone number to call.
RouteParis CDG to Los Angeles
Date FlownApril 2017

"a sad experience"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Reykjavik to Amsterdam with WOW air. I was denied boarding on WW442 flight at 0605 because the plane was to small to fit all passengers. I had to take another flight (WW444) which was sheduled at 1200 which was also delayed. Eventually I boarded the at 1900, so I waited more than 13h at the airport and only got 4 vouchers of 1500ISK which doesn't get you a lot of food. It was a sad experience to say the least. Despite being told WOW air would follow up, it has been 6-months and I haven't heard anything.
RouteReykjavik to Amsterdam
Date FlownOctober 2016

"best transatlantic flight"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Amsterdam via Keflavik. A great flight with an outstanding crew. This has been my best transatlantic flight. Shout out to the entire crew. Made the 9 hour flight seem like 30 minutes.
RouteLos Angeles to Amsterdam via Keflavik
Date FlownApril 2017

"is the worst airline"

Verified Review | WOW air is the worst airline. Flight in 2016 from Dublin to Boston was delayed and they did not hold the connecting flight in Keflavik. They offered to house me with no guarantee of whether I would get out the next day or ever. I rebooked on another airline and since have tried to get a refund from Wow Air. They have not responded to my claim on their website and multiple calls to Customer Service have promised someone would contact me but that never happens. I asked to speak to a Customer Service Supervisor on my last call and was refused, and staff instead told me he would place me on hold and no one would ever pick it up.
RouteDublin to Boston via Keflavik
Date FlownJuly 2016

"ridiculous to charge extra for this row"

Verified Review | WOW has cheap flights to/from Reykjavik and the USA but you pay for everything additionally, including luggage (both carry-on and check-in), a seat assignment, food and drinks (including soda and coffee) and even water. Our flight was on time and the staff at every step of the way were extremely polite and positive. My big complaint is that I paid USD $60.99 extra for an "XXL Extra Legroom Seat". When I got on the plane, the bulkhead on the seat I was in was so close that we couldn't even stretch our legs out. Other bulkhead rows had up to 6 feet in front of them but there had been no indication when I booked that the row I chose didn't have even as much legroom as a regular seat. It was ridiculous to charge extra for this row!
RouteKeflavik to San Francisco
Date FlownMarch 2017

"a good experience overall"

Verified Review | San Francisco to Reykjavik. I don't understand why people get upset with WOW air, it's a budget airline what do you expect? I had a good experience overall. When my brother and I checked in we had window seats and we were changed last minute to the middle aisle because the seats were supposedly broken but turns out their was a couple sitting there in our original seats, ramp agent could of been more honest with us. She did remdeemed herself by giving us both seats between my brother and I to ourselves giving us more space and she also put is in the front section of the plane with more leg room I was able to lay across 3 seats and take a nap. Overall, the inflight service was great the flight attendants are dedicated to their job. It's been a while since I enjoyed a flight, and never came across a flight were all crew members are polite and happy to assist passengers. WOW does charge for everything but if you take the time to go online everything is disclosed. They allow food purchased from the airport onboard. if you opt for their inflight food, they are vegetarian friendly and label nutrition facts on their meals which surprisingly are better quality than other Airlines I've flown. I will be returning to Iceland in the near future and I will fly with WOW again, the planes captain made this flight very smooth, hardly any turbulence during the flight both directions. On the way to Iceland he even made an announcement that the Northern lights were visible. Great experience.
AircraftA330-300
RouteSan Francisco to Reykjavik

"poor customer service"

Verified Review | Dublin to Keflavik. Shocked at the lack of check-in facilities for this airline. App did not function properly and there were no kiosks for printing tickets so I had to queue at the desk for over an hour just to get my boarding pass. Staff are obviously not up to speed with visa procedures for entry to countries which held up the check-in process even more. Overall my impression of the staff was that they are badly trained. The flights are extremely uncomfortable but this was to be expected considering the low price. Despite the low prices, I would not fly with WOW air again due to poor customer service and lack of facilities.
RouteDublin to Montreal via Keflavik
Date FlownMarch 2017

"we were really impressed"

Verified Review | Our trip from Toronto to Copenhagen required connections in Keflavik. Well, we had a great flight, both directions, even with the connections. The only issue was having to de-ice the wings on the Toronto-Keflavik segment, which of course was not the airline's fault. We were really impressed with how well the boarding process went, and the professionalism of the Wow air staff. Note the snacks / beverages are not free on-board, and there is no entertainment, but we were prepared for that and it wasn't a problem. For the price we paid, it was definitely a great experience.
RouteCopenhagen to Toronto via Keflavik
Date FlownMarch 2017

"cheap way of scoring some extra money"

(Denmark)

Verified Review | Awful check in. They measure all bags before checking in. I brought my bag, which is small (meaning 42 cm and under in length, for instance). As there are some wheels on the bag which sticks out maybe 1,5 cm, the bag was chargable for 85 CAD as large cabin bagage. Nearly all small cabin luggage are with wheels nowadays, so its a cheap way of scoring some extra money from the customer. I think this is a very low standard and waiting now for boarding, I really regret booking this airline. If you can, STAY AWAY from this airline: - you will be charged (big time) for any luggage. If in doubt, the customer will not have the last word. - when charged for extra luggage, they do not accept local debit cards (in this case in Canada). They dont even try to make this process smooth, when you just got screwed over with add on fees. - no food on plane, if you have a sandwich, they charge you asap. -Keflavik (Iceland) airport is very small and inconvenient. There are very few options for food or general shopping, the options that exist are more expensive than elsewhere. No in-flight entertainment at all. Planes are all newly painted. Its like lipstick on an old car, beware. I can only wish for this airline, that they will share the same fate as Icelandic banks - the sooner, the better.
RouteToronto to Copenhagen via Keflavik

"Absolutely disgusting service"

Verified Review | Edinburgh to Toronto via Keflavik. Every member of Wow Air staff I encountered from start to finish was rude and unhelpful, even before my issues begun. Wow air left my bag in Iceland (where I connected from Edinburgh) then casually told me they'd deliver it to Toronto later in the week- by which point I'd be in Whistler. No apology offered, no compensation and customer service team didn't care at all that I was without warm clothes for 6 days in -10 degree weather. After days of phone calls and emails being passed from pillar to post I was advised they would send my case to Vancouver via WestJet then deliver it to me in Whistler. Next day I was told actually they won't and I'd need to travel to Vancouver airport and pay to pick it up. After this they ignored all of my emails and I still haven't had a response. Absolutely disgusting service.
RouteEdinburgh to Toronto via Keflavik