WOW air

"crew were very friendly"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Paris via Reykjavik with WOW air. The plane was smaller than any trans Atlantic flight that I had flown in the past but the boarding process was so smooth. Although food is available for sale, the crew were very friendly.
RouteToronto to Paris via Reykjavik
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"I had a good experience"

Trip Verified | After reading lots of reviews I was really sceptical about flying with WOW air. I still went ahead and booked my ticket to detroit as it was the cheapest option for a one way, and I had to book last minute which is always more expensive! I decided to pay for selected seats up the front with extra leg room on both flights and got really lucky with having no one in my row for the first flight. The second flight I chose a seat with no middle seat and was really happy with this decision. As it’s a cheap airline a lot of people do not pay for the seat upgrade, it’s really not expensive to purchase the extra leg room and well worth it for the comfort! Plus you will likely not have many people around. The food and drink on board is very expensive, but as I knew this beforehand I purchased food and water at the airport to take on the flight with me. I think I was lucky with the reliability of both my flights taking off on time as this was the one thing I was worried about! The seats are very dirty (front seat pocket) but all airlines are usually quite unhygienic so this was to be expected. The service on board I thought was great, very friendly staff and attentive. Overall I would say you get what you pay for and you are taking a risk booking with WOW air, but lucky for me I had a good experience with them and would book again!
RouteLondon to Detroit via Iceland
Date FlownMarch 2019

"fly a more reliable airline"

Not Verified | We had booked the Wowair stopover Detroit to Barcelona via Keflavik and just shy of 2 weeks prior to our vacation (family of 5), we received a text and email from Wowair saying they had cancelled our BCN stopover. Because we had already scheduled time off work and school and hotels, cars, meeting others in Barcelona, we were forced to buy connections on Air France. WOW said they could get us as Paris so we had to purchase 5 round air tickets from CDG to BCN, lost 2 days of our vacation, lost a night in a hotel in BCN, had to pay for a hotel at CDG, spent almost 2 full days dealing with connections, layovers (extra costs for food, car etc) Then several days before our DTW to KEF flight, WOW air changed our airplane and scattered us all over the airplane (kids in middle seats in back etc). We were one of the first to book on the flight (Was empty at time) and had paid to purchase upgraded seats together/seats together. Wow did not honor seat assignments. spent close to 2 days on phone / email / twitter support with Wowair and AirFrance and hotels/car rental scheduling, rescheduling, getting seat assignments, seeking compensation. Wow cites an EU regulation that if cancel 2 weeks before, will offer no compensation; they slipped in just before 2 week window with cancelled flights. The staff was very nice but the company is just horrible. We were out approximately $2000 all in and no compensation or accommodation from company. Very sad because this was a long planned family trip that we had saved for and planned for a long time. The day we were flying, the company was offering "free flights to people with the last name Valentine". Very gimmicky and not taking care of their paying customers. Lastly, truly the most uncomfortable flight we have ever been on. It is a discount airline but so this is to be expected (though not at all discount when they screw you and cancel your flight). The economy / no upgrade seats are the most uncomfortable you could imagine, people were very miserable. Many families, could not move around at all. The first three rows were very large, like the people could do a pike/legs straight out. Makes no sense to give the upgraded seats too much room while the other 30 rows really suffered. The flights were packed and a lot of unhappy people. They charge for even water so the by the time you pay for water, food, definitely consider an upgrade, charges for luggage and if you are really unlucky - cancellation fees - you could fly first class with a reputable airline. Iceland is lovely but fly Delta or United or partners or anyone but Wowair. I read many many complaints on the internet etc. that they did this same behavior to many many other people. Company really does not deserve your hard earned vacation dollars. I would urge you to fly a more reliable airline.
RouteDetroit to Barcelona via Keflavik
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"I hope they go bankrupt"

Trip Verified | Boston to Keflavik. If they had zeros, I’d give it to them. I don’t care how cheap it is, it was NOT worth the pain and suffering my mom and I went through on their airline. Our flight was completely cancelled by WOW Air 3 weeks before our trip. They offered to fy us out of Boston but offered no compensation and we still paid the same price as we would’ve if we left from LA. Their costumer service is horrible! They block emergency exits with their food cart and even sat a 10 year old in the exit row. Unbelievable! I hope they go bankrupt so no one has to make a mistake and travel with this disgusting excuse for an airline!
RouteBoston to Keflavik
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"cheap price and direct flight"

Trip Verified | I flew with a friend to Iceland from Toronto for a 4 day trip. We were attracted to wow air because of the cheap price and direct flight to Keflavík international airport near Reykjavík. It is important to note for travellers that you do have to pay for a carry on bag and pay for a checked bag, so my friend and I packed our checked luggage together and split the cost, however, make sure to pay attention to the weight. The website advertises that it needs to be 20kg and as long as we were under 21kg the attendant was fine with our bag. On the flight itself, there is a decent amount of space for a backpack under the seat in front and for the price you’re paying, it’s great. I was blown away by the customer service on the flight there. I am a very nauseous flyer typically, I get motion sickness on any moving vessel. I took a different type of gravol than normal and needless to say ended up vomiting 4 times on the 5.5 hour flight. After the 2nd time I vomited, they offered to move me up to premium class but I declined. After the 3rd time they offered again to move me where I had more space to be comfortable and where there would be less intense turbulence. They were so attentive and kept checking up on me to make sure I was okay. They offered me cups of ice continuously and ginger ale and made su.
RouteKeflavík to Toronto

"had a great experience"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Keflavik. We had a great experience. The service was exactly as described when booking the ticket. The crew members were amazing, I have no complaints. They left on time both flights and the return flight arrived 40 min earlier. I bought the promotional tickets to visit Iceland. Overall 5/5 stars and I would recommend this airline.
RouteToronto to Keflavik
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"you will waste time and money in the end"

Trip Verified | My husband and I booked our flights months in advance because they were such a great price. Leaving from Pittsburgh, the flights were only 299 USD with cancellation protection. It is a month before we are scheduled to leave and WOW air cancels both our leaving and returning flights. Most airlines that I fly with offer you a lateral alternative so that some indemnity is given to the customer. Not in this case. WOW air only presents customers with two offers: to cancel for a full refund or to cancel and receive a gift certificate worth the cost of your trip and an additional 25%. Although this seems like a nice offer, the tickets to fly out of Boston or New York (as they have cancelled all of the flights from Pittsburgh) are twice the price of what we originally paid. I think WOW air is betting on the fact that customers will have made reservations and would be hesitant to cancel. What a racket. My best advice would be to never book with this company as you will waste time and money in the end. I made some non-refundable accommodations that will now go to waste but in my mind its better than playing into WOW air's deceitful marketing strategy.
RoutePittsburgh to Reykjavík
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"Staff service was excellent"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Copenhagen via Keflavik. Rates were very cheap, I paid for a little extra leg room (still cheaper than the competition). Staff service was excellent, friendliest crew I've met yet. There are luggage requirements that must be met or you pay for extra baggage, do your homework and measure your luggage, no issues here. Meals are not included in the price of the ticket, but food is available in flight at a reasonable price.
RouteToronto to Copenhagen via Keflavik
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"turned out to be very expensive"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Keflavik. It supposed to be cheap but they charge for every single thing. It turned out to be very expensive. I don't recommend. Called support due to an issue and they did nothing. Horrible customer service. I had to call many times to get something back. We ended up paying more than any other airline.
RouteToronto to Keflavik
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"disputing the amount I paid"

Not Verified | Los Angeles to Keflavik. I purchased a flight in May of 2018 for a flight in March 2019, I have been checking periodically to see if the seats are filling up. I purchased through a third party vendor and apparently it is only for the economy fare, so no luggage or seats. So I have been watching to see if I need to purchase them early. I haven't been able to see the seats since November, so in February I emailed customer service to ask why. They told me because my flight was cancelled. I guess they do not fly out of Los Angeles anymore, much to my surprise because my flight is in 3 weeks. No one ever emailed me or called me to notify me, I would have been at the airport and had a big surprise. Now I am trying to get a refund and they are disputing the amount I paid, they do not want to pay me approx $300, even though I have sent over screen shots of my credit card showing I paid a total of $1300. It is ridiculous.
RouteLos Angeles to Keflavik