WOW air

"Zero customer service"

Trip Verified | Reykjavik to San Francisco. Worst airlines I have taken in my life. Zero customer service and very rude staff. They have no consideration for the customers, they treat them like trash and/or second class citizens
RouteReykjavik to San Francisco
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Disappointed in the service"

Not Verified | Toronto to Berlin via Keflavik. Disappointed in the service. There is a policy of no returns or cancellations so even though I called an hour prior to my flight leaving I was told I couldn’t refund or exchange even my return ticket. Inflexible, representatives didn’t explain options and I ended up losing a flight because my service representative didn’t understand my request to hold a flight over the phone.
RouteToronto to Berlin via Keflavik
Date FlownNovember 2018

"good if you travel with a backpack"

Trip Verified | London to Toronto via Reykjavik. I have flown Wow many times (more than a dozen) and have no problem with flying with them. However, this is the first time I have checked my bags. What a hassle. Firstly, what I paid for the bag, when added to the flight would have gotten me on a better airline which included checked bags. Secondly, I checked in 24 hours before the flight but, couldn’t check my bag until 3 hours before the flight, which meant I had to stay in the airport lobby for 8 hours, I couldn’t go to the departures area until the bag was checked in. I have checked in bags in Turkey, Hong Kong, and London , sooner than 3 hours before a flight. Surely Wow is as advanced as Air Asia and Turkish Airlines, and I didn’t have to pay for the bag. If you are going to charge almost as much for a bag as the flight you have to offer convenience and service. Only good if you travel with a backpack.
RouteLondon to Toronto via Reykjavik

"Absolutely worth it"

Trip Verified | Brussels to Baltimore via Keflavik. Book this airline from their website and avoid the nasty surprises. There are several levels of ticket class, and many of them include checked bags and extra legroom at a fraction of the cost of buying it at the airport. This is a no frills airline, but my ticket was half price of other carriers, so I am OK paying for water, food, and internet separately or bringing what I need. Absolutely worth it. Don't book through a travel site offering super low prices, or you will be met with hefty fees for everything. Book through their website, and it lets you know what to expect.
RouteBrussels to Baltimore via Keflavik
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"point A to point B for cheap"

Trip Verified | Paris to Chicago via Keflavik. I have used wow twice and they have not failed me. Seats can be uncomfortable but I paid $430 for a Trans Atlantic flight. What can I expect? The service is actually pretty good. I always check in from my phone. Flight attendants are nice. I order food onboard when I'm hungry and it's not bad (+$10). Flight seats have chargers so I download Netflix movies on my phone and I'm good. WOW air is not the most comfortable airline but they take me from point A to point B for cheap (and so far on time). I recommend for students/cheap light travelers!
RouteParis to Chicago via Keflavik
Date FlownNovember 2018

"this is cheap and terrible"

Not Verified | Edinburgh to St. Louis via Keflavik. Awful in every respect. Staff were rude. Seat pitch is totally unacceptable for transatlantic. Don’t take cash on board then give awful exchange rate. Flight late with no explanation. No facilities on board. Cheep and cheerful I hear, but this is cheap and terrible. Avoid at all costs.
RouteEdinburgh to St. Louis via Keflavik
Date FlownOctober 2018

"never fly this airline again"

Trip Verified | I will never fly this airline again. The ground service was horrible from London to Keflavik. When we checked in the person at the Wow counter to us we would have to pay for luggage which we thought we did but didn't keep the paper work so she said it wasn't her problem. Then she told us it wasn't her problem that we didn't read the website with all the fees. When we got inline to board the plane we realized that she put my spouse at the front of the plane and I was at the back. In the long run after paying an extra $360.00 just for two small carry on bags it is just not worth it. Also, on the 6 hour flight back we didn't have usb plugs to charge ipad or phone, no entertainment and crazy priced food and drinks. You couldn't even get water for free. Really check out other airlines as in the longer run the cheaper fairs will add up.
RouteLondon to Toronto via Keflavik

"very disappointing incident"

Not Verified | Copenhagen to Keflavik. I recently had a very disappointing incident concerning luggage with WOW. At the gate I together with quite a number of other passengers was charged round $US100 extra because my carry on case was marginally larger the the extremely small dimensions specified by WOW. As an international traveller, I can't possibly have a specially small case just to suit WOW. My case is on the small side if anything and to my knowledge acceptable to all reputable airlines. Having paid the excess, I was directed to go on board where of course my bag fitted perfectly into the overhead locker. No need to put it in the hold apparently. As someone who has run a business for over 40 years, I know that firms that pull cheap stunts like this are well down the highway to insolvency. Customer satisfaction and their recomendations are the backbone of a successful business. What else is going on? Think carefully before choosing your airline?
RouteCopenhagen to Keflavik

"My nightmare with WOW"

Trip Verified | Berlin to Cincinnati via Keflavik. My nightmare with WOW starts the 26/10/2018 at Berlin, not only because I was traveling for almost 2 days without any support from WOW air what so ever, but also because my bags are still lost somewhere between Berlin and San Francisco. It all start in Berlin when my flight to Keflavik was delayed by almost an hour, from 12.25 pm original time to 13.45. That meant that my connecting flight was almost impossible to reach. Before boarding, I got another email stating that my SFO flight was also delayed but only by 40 min (WW161 KEF-SFO 26OCT18 original time was 15.10 delayed to 15.50) Once landed in Keflavik it was imposible to reach my flight, even when my boarding to SFO was announced I was denied to cut line in customs by WOW personal. They stated that I had time. So when I lost my flight, I went to the WOW counter and was given the solution of flying to Cincinnati even when there was a flight from another airline to SFO that same day. The flight to Cincinnati was at 21.00 the same day. Also, they didn't give me a connection from Cincinnati to SFO, they stated that they where working on it and that we where going to get help by a WOW representative once we got to Cincinnati (other people where in the same position). This never happened, no WOW representative was there once we got of the plane, simply because WOW cease to exist in Cincinnati a few days ago. So, I never got a confirmation of a suppose connecting flight to SFO (some people did and others like me didn't. Their connection was from Cincinnati to Newark to SFO adding a 10 hour plus journey also there was a DELTA flight directly to SFO but was denied by WOW costumer service - I talked to WOW support to try to fix the situation but it was helpless, they even gave me a wrong booking number for my supposed connection, it was named to another person. Luckily I was helped by the United counter, an after an hour of back and forth, they could figure out what WOW messed up. Of course that I had lost my chance to get into the 6 am flight to Newark, so I had to wait for the Cincinnati- Denver 9.25 am flight, and then catch the Denver- SFO at 11.55 am local time (both of this flights where on United) And also, another layer to this nightmare, is that my bags are still lost. They never arrived to Cincinnati in the first place. So to summarize, I was traveling for almost 40 hours, with my bags still lost, and of course the total abandonment of WOW (no food vouchers, no personal, no nothing)
RouteBerlin to Cincinnati via Keflavik
Date FlownOctober 2018

"cheapest airline I've ever seen"

Not Verified | Frankfurt to Toronto via Keflavik. They are the cheapest airline I've ever seen. You are charged for everything, baggage, carry on luggage, all food and you even have to pay for water on the flight, nothing is offered for free. On my first leg of the flight it felt like I was riding on a bus. There was one bathroom at the back of the plane for 30 rows X 6 seats per row. There actually was another "hidden" washroom but you would never know it was there if I didn't see one of the crew using it. Also when I checked in I had a minor spelling mistake in my name, an L instead of and I, and they wouldn't let me on the plane unless I paid 72 Euros, for the check in woman to change one letter. This was outrageous but I had no choice but to pay it. Be very very careful when you book a flight with this company as all the extra charges can end up being more than with a decent airline. Buyer beware and lets hope the consumer speaks and stops flying with this outfit. WOW is all I can say. They wont be around much longer.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy