WOW air

"I was pleasantly surprised"

Not Verified | Pittsburgh to Berlin via Keflavik. I was hesitant to fly WOW because of all the bad reviews but I was pleasantly surprised. There is not one thing that was bad about our flights. Every plane was on time and our baggage was there when we landed. No waiting at all. Check in was very easy and the attendants were very helpful since this was my first time flying overseas. The flight attendants were extremely nice and very professional. The seats were comfortable with plenty of leg room. They are a no frill airline but they do have onboard food and drink service that you can pay by credit card.
RoutePittsburgh to Berlin via Keflavik

"Would never recommend"

Trip Verified | Paris to Chicago via Keflavik. Terrible check in even though we had premium seats. Had to board connecting plane plane in Iceland on the airfield using roll out steps. Night time and was cold and open to the weather. Due to weather we had a three hour delay near Chicago but were not told the reason for hours later and they did not keep us appraised of what was happening. No TV on a seven hour trip in order to watch a movie. Would never recommend or fly WOW again. Flew to Europe on another low cost airline and had a great trip.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteParis to Chicago via Keflavik

"Appalling company"

Trip Verified | London to Los Angeles via Keflavik. Worst customer service I’ve ever experienced. After cancelling my flight I had to call them & fight for 45 mins to get a refund! 2 weeks later I still don’t have my money back despite chasing daily! Appalling company.
RouteLondon to Los Angeles via Keflavik

"I have no complaints"

Trip Verified | St. Louis to Gatwick via Keflavik. Wow air is a fantastic airline as long as your expectations are accurate from the get go. If you want to fly USA - Europe for $200 but expect in seat entertainment, cushy padded chairs, and complimentary food and drinks, you're dreaming. The seats compare to a domestic flight, slightly padded, and a bit uncomfy after a while. But I have no complaints about WOW Air. We flew with a backpack only so can't comment on luggage handling. In flight experience was great, I brought my kindle and slept/read the entire time - got my own food and drink at the airport, and had a wonderful trip.
RouteSt. Louis to Gatwick via Keflavik

"extremely disrespectful"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Los Angeles via Keflavik. Baggage arrived a week later on our California tour. WOW-Air does not pay! During our 23-day individually planned US tour, my baggage did not arrive in Los Angeles or could only be delivered to Los Angeles seven days later. This was, according to the airline Wow-Air in Boston. In this baggage were all my clothes and all the cosmetics of both of us. This led to significant disabilities and rescheduling of the individually planned round trip. WOW-Air offered me instead of the required € 763 (expenses for clothes, cosmetics, medicine, contact lenses, increased fuel costs and parking fees) only a lump sum of $25 per day. This is €137 and is just a fraction of the cost we had in addition. In doing so, you plead that I can continue to use the newly purchased clothes and cosmetics at home. This is logically not possible, becaus many cosmetics in the end was duplicated and could not be taken home for space and weight reasons. In addition, all these purchases would not have been necessary if my suitcase had arrived properly. In USA you have to visit an eye specialist for new lenses. Even the eye specialist costs in the amount of 100€ were not considered. In addition, 13 calls were required to receive the case after a week in Los Angeles. I submitted a screenshot of it. But this cost assumption is denied. Just the detour from Death Valley to Los Angeles Airport cost us a whole day and is ignored by WOW-Air. WOW-Air employees are consciously playing against each other and sticking to their delay strategy. I have already sent a lot of information and evidence twice, but they continue to be ignored. The way in which a paying passenger is handled here is extremely disrespectful. It becomes clear that WOW-Air is not interested in a fair solution to the problem. Nor are you interested in customer satisfaction. This was our first and will have been our last flight with this airline.
RouteFrankfurt to Los Angeles via Keflavik
Date FlownJune 2018

"Cheapest flight I found"

Trip Verified | Pittsburgh to Copenhagen via Keflavik. They delivered me to my destination and back, with no hassle. I made sure to pay for my luggage as I was buying my ticket online, so as not to have unpleasant surprises at the airport. There are no frills, just a seat on an airplane. They were fast at check-in. Cheapest flight I found.
RoutePittsburgh to Copenhagen via Keflajvik
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"two flights and two lost suitcases"

Trip Verified | "WOW" as in two flights and two lost suitcases. (They will say it is "Delayed", but when they don't know where it is, that is lost to me). No entertainment systems on intercontinental flights? Not even coffee included in the ticket price? I'd like to be positive about something, but all this has done is tell me I will happily pay a little more for a flight that is on-time, with my suitcases, and a lot more comfortable.
RouteFrankfurt to Reykjavik via Toronto

"They rip you off"

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to Toronto via Keflavik. The worst company When i came from states to Europe they didn't charge me for my personal item. But when I travelled from Europe to Toronto for the same personal item they charged me 100$. This is ridiculous with the same personal small bag. I will never fly with this company again. They rip you off.
RouteCopenhagen to Toronto via Keflavik
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"a competitive price"

Trip Verified | Keflavik to Baltimore. Long flight with comfortable seats and basic services. No entertainment system! Easy short transit in KEF. Wish it were longer since there were lots of food and shopping outlets that looked good. I did manage to have a quick meal because I didn't pre-order an in-flight meal and purchased local chocolate (highly recommend). Flight attendants should make more effort to smile. I thought this was a competitive price for a last minute purchase.
RouteKeflavik to Baltimore
Date FlownAugust 2018

"Good value flight"

Trip Verified | Berlin to Keflavik. Good value flight, with on time departure. Basic services yet comfortable seats. Did not purchase food on board since I got my own from SXF. No entertainment system! Flight attendants are dry and should try to be more friendly!
RouteBerlin to Keflavik