Wizz Air

Wizz Air customer review

Larnaca to Budapest. Our cabin bags were checked by WizzAir staff on checkin as well as check in bags. They confirmed our cabin bags were suitable weight and size. When we're about to board they told us they weren't suitable and had to pay 60 Euro cash or we couldn't board. Emailed WizzAir to complain and they take an unacceptable amount of time to respond. By packing so many people into the plane the legroom is uncomfortable and there isn't enough space for each persons cabin luggage to go into the overhead compartment. Works out 5 bags for each 9 seats. A cheap flight ends up being expensive when you add in the bags for checkin and the payment charges as well as the booking charges. Save your money and go a proper airline.

Wizz Air customer review

Beauvais to Warsaw Modlin and 20 min before landing we were re-routed to Gdansk. The fog was not their fault. However upon arrival there was no one to give any information. Finally they announced they were going to bus everyone to Warsaw giving no option to anyone. I was with a disabled person who could not take the bus. The plane flew back empty to Warsaw the day. I had to reschedule my flight and was charged 150 euros for a 14-min call and pay full fare for return flight. Never fly with this company. Beware.

Wizz Air customer review

VNO - LPL. Waited 45 minutes with 150 other people at the bottom of a flight of stairs after boarding isn't something myself or other passengers enjoy luckily I managed to sneak in front of a few passengers upon actually boarding the A320 itself. Onboard absolutely no complaints friendly cabin crew and a smooth flight. Would use again if going to VNO.

Wizz Air customer review

Gdansk - Turku. I recognise all the comments here about the rigid enforcement of the baggage rules but at the end of the day this is the flipside to cheap fares. Its getting worse now with fees for cabin baggage Wizz are apparently the first European airline to do this. For this one hour flight I really couldn't fault Wizz Air the seats were a lot more comfortable than Ryanair. It was just a regular low cost flight as far as I am concerned. My one gripe is that the online check in on their website is very confusing and the boarding pass looked rather unclear. It doesn't give you a great deal of confidence in the airline.

Wizz Air customer review

I travelled from Bourgas/Luton 2 weeks ago on what seemed like a new plane. It was the most uncomfortable ride I have had on a plane. The seats did not recline and you were sat upright all the time. The leg room has been cut down they have done away with then recess to put your bits and pieces in and the food tray has no dip for a drink consequently drinks are sliding about all the time and you are forced to hold it in your hand. The seats were not made of fabric but some kind of leatherette material and were hard. All this I presume is to get a few more seats in and make more money.

Wizz Air customer review

Luton to Budapest. Aware of the draconian application of the carry on dimensions I measured mine and it complied. Boarding was announced only to be followed by ground agents walking the line and selecting many to fit their bags into the 'box'. I made it with a firm boot but was disgusted to witness an elderly lady failing by a minimum margin. We all helped with plastic bags and someone found a bin liner. Result - lady lost her bag but the PR for Wizz was appalling. Note that they have now changed their baggage policy which is full of anomalies with different dimensions apparently qualifying as 'free' as well as a myriad of complications. Be warned- this is a money making scam. Good news is that I have booked another flight to Budapest with easyjet and it was cheaper!

Wizz Air customer review

VNO to LTN. The flight departed 6:10am in the cabin there several misbehaving passengers. Despite the warnings from flight attendants several men were getting drunk during the flight. They brought their own drinks onto the plane and were loud and disturbing. They verbally abused flight attendants. Sad thing is that the crew did not take it seriously and did not take it further to police in LTN. I understand that such actions would have caused delays for the airline.

Wizz Air customer review

We fly often with Wizzair and this is purely and simply on the grounds of cost - it is the cheapest currently available. As an airline it has a truly dreadful attitude to its customers and deserves to go bust which it no doubt will in due course. A couple of examples: 1. Wizzair has routinely texted passengers warning them to arrive "at least three hours" before their flight "due to congestion" at the airport in question. This has always been untrue and merely a ruse for the company's convenience. My wife and children unwise to the deception arrived three hours before an early morning flight from Warsaw to Luton in early January and found the airport was not even open and they had to sit outside in the freezing temperature for two hours. 2. The hand luggage rule is being applied in a manner which can only be described as inhuman. On a recent flight from Warsaw-Modlin to Luton many passengers were forced to leave whole cases behind rather than pay the draconian penalty fee for being few centimetres oversized. The Wizzair staff were curt and rude and entirely indifferent to their plight. As soon as a cheap alternative becomes available we will leave this nasty little airline alone.

(Norway)

VNO - SVG. Very cheap fare. New and clean aircraft. Friendly and efficient staff. Onboard advertisement a bit bothersome but fair enough the fare considered. Arrived 20min ahead of schedule. Will definitely fly Wizz Air again.

Wizz Air customer review

LTN-CLJ (and back). Now I read a lot of reviews on Wizz Air and was very reluctant to travel. However having travelled to Cluj and back this weekend with them I have to say I was wrong to doubt. For everyone who complains about the luggage charges can I suggest they read the conditions carefully. They are very clear about the size of luggage. I booked priority boarding and extra leg room. Boarded fine got the seats plenty of room. Plane pushed back on both trips dead on time and left without a hitch. Ok the cabins are low cost and no frills - don't expect more but the staff I found to be smart highly presentable professional and assertive with customers who tried to pull a fast one with the seating. I cannot complain at all. I'd fly with them again.